Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

AMD.ATI Catalyst 7.8

for next time Puma please use search ...

i posted this 2 days sooner smile_o.gif ...

merge

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Haven't had any problems with them, installing or playing anything. ArmA runs a bit smoother (compared to 7.6), not by a lot but noticable and IQ seems to be the same as 7.6 (had lower IQ with 7.7).

Using x1950xt 512mb

I seem to be getting quite a noticeable performance boost with these new drivers on my x850. No crossfire possible, though :/

works well with my ati 1900gt smile_o.gif

to bravo6...

if nothing else helps try lowering the mipmap level (either from high quality to quality or performance)...should boost things a bit...disable shadows, shaders on low, pprocessing on low...everything else on normal... works quite well with my card ...

i did a quick test scenario with the urban patrol script in the northern part of the island... random units (100something to 200something) on a large marker-sector (2000x2000)... mostly woodlands... my fps were normally between 23-40... apart from the stuttering as the ups script started up...

too bad bis dropped the multi-texturing for the ground terrain *sigh*... otherwise i would run all the time with shaders on very low....

to bravo6...

if nothing else helps try lowering the mipmap level (either from high quality to quality or performance)...should boost things a bit...disable shadows, shaders on low, pprocessing on low...everything else on normal... works quite well with my card ...

at the moment im "forced" to use all settings very low and all possible options disabled, if i want to play ArmA smooth.

The only thing that annoys me is that if i change any option fom very low or disabled to better setting i lose the smooth movement i so much love and apreciate in this Awsome game.

Try to play this game with all settings very low and no grass at all, thats how i play so i can have a smoother movements in game.

Now i ask, wouldn't it be better and more enjoyable is the settings were all at normal (at least)?

Please i refuse to play this game in 800x600!

maybe ATI still need to improve their work.. maybe its not BIS fault..

Try to play this game with all settings very low and no grass at all, thats how i play so i can have a smoother movements in game.

Are you having some mouse delays? huh.gif

Are you having some mouse delays? huh.gif

no, its not mouse delays.

It the hole image that is not smooth when i add more Level Of Details and higher my settings.

try to turn your settings upper and higher till reach 30000m viewdistance with all very high settings...

ill lose the smoother gameplay (not just mouse movement) faster then you for sure.

I know what you mean bravo, but I guess I have to live with it. Everything on low boosts the fps to 75 wich makes it a total new experience, but touching only one setting makes it go to 30 ....

But I refuse to go to OFP graphics again.

I know what you mean bravo, but I guess I have to live with it. Everything on low boosts the fps to 75 wich makes it a total new experience, but touching only one setting makes it go to 30 ....

But I refuse to go to OFP graphics again.

This sounds like a vsync issue. Try triple buffering or disabling vsync.