Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar2007

My New ArmA with 8800 GTX 768!

Have 8800gtx and when i start playing game after a few mins the game will CTD and sthis error message comes up i am using vista.My game settings are on high with resolution 1440*900*32

Cannot create system surface memory DXT5,2048*2048 (size5592416 B)

Error code 8007000e

Have 8800gtx and when i start playing game after a few mins the game will CTD and sthis error message comes up i am using vista.My game settings are on high with resolution 1440*900*32

Cannot create system surface memory DXT5,2048*2048 (size5592416 B)

Error code 8007000e

That is the vram issue. As I said above you have to flush untill there is a fix. Put textures on normal and type Left shift and minus key(numpad) at same time, then type the word flush.

Your Vram just keeps filling with data untill it cannot create anymore.

You should sell your DX10 cards right now before their prices fall: http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007....t-dx101

DX 10.1 and new shaders won't be supported at all by DX10 cards like 8800s in Vista SP1.

meh people with 8800s should be fine for awhile because it will be awhile before we see dx10.1 games.

I'm curious how the new 9800 cards will handle Armed Assault when it is released. While ArmA was not supported to run these, I am against building a system for 1 game(majority of the games I want to play will use newer technology).

You should sell your DX10 cards right now before their prices fall: http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007....t-dx101

DX 10.1 and new shaders won't be supported at all by DX10 cards like 8800s in Vista SP1.

And buy what? An old DX9 just to play ArmA?

DX10 cards are this best cards available, for DX9 and of curse dx10, ALL DX9 games runs faster on a 2900XT and 8800 series in XP or Vista.

EDIT: Oh and Vista SP1 is schedule to Q1 2008

ArmA is the exception here, as it is on 4gb of ram etc etc etc.

DX10 cards are this best cards available, for DX9 and of curse dx10, ALL DX9 games runs faster on a 2900XT and 8800 series in XP or Vista.

You're supposed to use the proper hardware for the software you have. And 8800 series aren't supported by Armed Assault.

If you like to play ArmA, use a DX9 card.

Period.

You're supposed to use the proper hardware for the software you have. And 8800 series aren't supported by Armed Assault.

Why do they add fixes for 8800's to patches then?

And according to you, my pc should not be playing OFP either. whistle.gif

Why do they add fixes for 8800's to patches then?

And according to you, my pc should not be playing OFP either. whistle.gif

Got to love the form of "elitism" you see here. Total reverse to the sort of stuff you see on other un-named game's forums (you know the one wink_o.gif ) where you'd normally see stuff like "OMG your pc is teh suck, you probably can't even run minesweeper!!!11! lawl!" instead here you've got people poking fun because you're trying to run the game on a state of the art system. Makes me giggle, it's all your fault for having a GOOD PC!  rofl.gif

LoL, first the guy busts in like it's everybody's duty to help him and flaps his lips about how retarded everyone else is. Then it turns out he's running Vista 64bit that's unsupported by the game and on top of that he's got temperature issues to begin with.

Nice job there sparky. That's like giving everyone the finger from the back of the short bus. rofl.gif

Another brilliant mind to come help out. We're stupider after having read your post.

That's hardly a surprise. I'd bet your progression from dumb to dumber is a daily routine judging by the fact you bought an unsupported OS a cheap system with insufficient power/cooling for a game that doesn't support Vista.

Then you come in and have a little temper tantrum about it.

Keep swinging there sparky! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

but I can not enable sli with them, and I'm not about to let a 8800 sit idle!

I thought multi GPU were useless just as dual cores since ArmA wont use both

SLI should be working, if nvidia could get the right drivers out. Even the drivers enable sli in the ArmA.exe profile (nvidia cp), mine just happens to go into a 70's style acid trip after 5 mins of playing, so I have it disabled in that particular profile for now.

The dual core, I really have not pin pointed on this 2cpu x 2cores each. I do know that if I have a server going and playing on it at the same time, with all 4 cores, my system doesn't even break a sweat.

This pic was taken while the server was underload, and you can see the usage yourself.

Notice cpu 1 (core 0 & core 1) have not even had to turn speeds up, still idiling@1000mhz (apparently "not used").

Now look at the cpu usage in task manager,,Arma.exe= 9%, and the server is using 25%. If I pin both to 1 seperate core each...those programs and cpu cores stay at 100%.

Either odd or unique, ehh? ArmA cpu usage on this pc

Gotta luv Vista's Sidebar feature. smile_o.gif

Concerning 88's Lod troubles with arma I had a lot of Lod issues with various nvidia drivers old & new, what i did i got the latest nvidia drivers 1.62.18 and installed from fresh after running driver sweeper from guru3d.

was still having troubles so i went into the nv control panel/manage 3d settings and turned off conformant texture clamping default was use hardware.

now the game dose'nt have quarter of the Lod problems it used to, I am running XP sp2 though so there's no guarantee, but i would recommend you also look at texture filtering clamp/allow switch i have mine on clamp atm, and extension limit is off also.

But maybe this should be on not sure if arma supports long/unlimited extension strings.

one thing i have noticed even though I'm using a card with large amount of memory on 640mb arma likes it's texture memory so this is why i run the texture detail at normal except for shadows there on low, aa low given my rez and high af, post process effects very high.

and my in game view distance's on the ground 2000 meters / air 3000 meter's this is set inside evolution server's.

hope this is of some help. smile_o.gif

SLI should be working, if nvidia could get the right drivers out. Even the drivers enable sli in the ArmA.exe profile (nvidia cp), mine just happens to go into a 70's style acid trip after 5 mins of playing, so I have it disabled in that particular profile for now.

The dual core, I really have not pin pointed on this 2cpu x 2cores each. I do know that if I have a server going and playing on it at the same time, with all 4 cores, my system doesn't even break a sweat.

This pic was taken while the server was underload, and you can see the usage yourself.

Notice cpu 1 (core 0 & core 1) have not even had to turn speeds up, still idiling@1000mhz (apparently "not used").

Now look at the cpu usage in task manager,,Arma.exe= 9%, and the server is using 25%. If I pin both to 1 seperate core each...those programs and cpu cores stay at 100%.

Either odd or unique, ehh? ArmA cpu usage on this pc

Gotta luv Vista's Sidebar feature. smile_o.gif

Just so you know, many of the vista sidebar gadgets dealing with resource info are resource hogs in and of themselves.

With a quad I'm sure it's not much of an issue though. wink_o.gif