Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar2007

My New ArmA with 8800 GTX 768!

Kevlar2007

Can you please post your full specs.

Kevlar stop acting like a crying baby. Look at my specs below. Vista x64 + 8800gtx. I understand theres problems, some of them are CTD's, crazy messed up graphics (sometimes) and some performance (and in your case, A totally messed up screen making it unplayable. Only advice i can give you:

1. Right click ArmA shortcut on desktop, go to properties.

2. Under Targer, at the end of the .exe" add -maxmem=512

3. it would look like this at the end. .exe" -maxmem=512

If you've tried this, try updating your drivers from Guru3D.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=28

(Windows Vista x64)

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

(Windows Vista x32)

That's the best advice I can do for you, if you've done these things and you still have your problem, then i'm very sorry that you're stuck with a very crappy problem that will most likely be solved in the next patch (seeing that no new problems come up). Best thing to do if you REALLY REALLY want help tho if nothing works, is if you ask politely, post your specs, and hope for the best cause the world doesn't revolve around you.

Really tho, you cannot demand people to fix your problems, they will read your posts and think that even if they have the solution that you don't deserve it. If you act like this in the real world, then i feel kinda sorry for you and the ppl that you come in contact with.

I have seen the same thing Kevlar is seeing, on ocassions.

If I set my game res to 2560x1600. (1920x1200 is best I can get out of it)

If I set all settings to max.

A few beta drivers from nvidia have cuased it, including 162.22whql. (I'm staying w/158.24 for now)

Not using -maxmem=512 with/without any of the above.

I can reproduce his error (pic) at anytime with WRONG settings and or drivers.

.....but he will prob think this is another "pointless" post

Good point, try rolling back the drivers maybe to an earlier version to see if that helps, it may be that the more advanced card doesn't like the current drivers.

Oh and I this helps for anyone suffering from the problem indicated in the start of the topic. I highly doubt Kevlar will be able to understand this as help and will just moan again.

Forgot to add that I use just 1680x1050. What size have you been using Kev?

Kevlar pm'ed me with this,

Quote[/b] ]I have been banned from posting....using driver version 158.24 solved my problem...

feel free to add that to the thread

I told him it should have only been a 48hr ban.

So he should say he is sorry, and almost every poster in his thread was right.... I say ban him for life or untill he can drive a car... icon_rolleyes.gif As has been the way of the 8800 cards, you need to wait for the driver that works with this game. As is the way of hardware and PC games.

@ Kevlar

Hi. Not sure if this maybe can help you, but i run into some problems when i got my new GeForce 8800 GTX. Got "bluescreen" after installing the graphic drivers, so. I found a way that's work for me. I installed the graphic drivers that was included in the install cd, I installed them from "safe mode" in windows, after that i reboot and started windows up in normal way, after that, i went back to Safe mode and installed those drivers in safemode : XTreme-G 162.18 XP 32bit.exe (find here: http://www.tweaksrus.com/ ) <---- the damn site is down, hmmm Ok. You can download them from here: XTreme-G 162.18 XP 32 Bit

No more bluescreen, but i have always to install from safemode. But, yeah i got that FOGGY SHIT bug. But the games work perfectly smile_o.gif

Hope you use Windows XP smile_o.gif

Cheers

@Maximus

How are your results with those drivers?

Hi smile_o.gif

Well, i have tested lot of drivers and came out, this drivers was best for me, gave me best IQ(image quality), best performance. I run ArmA with 85 FPS all the time, with settings set to Very High, and Shadow Disabled, and post pro. to LOW. And view distance to 2000- 3000 meter, but in MP most of the view distance are locked at 1200 meter.

I like those drivers. I still have that FOGGY Bug confused_o.gif

Cheers

Unfortunately I use Vista 64, those havent worked for me, but the 158 do....

I cant believe we cant figure out WHY 158 work and 160 versions do not?

Why cant Nvidia or Arma let us know?

I know the fanboi's will say "nya nya they don't have to if they don't want to..."

Fine, I wish they would anyway.

I want to point fingers at nVidia.

Things were hell with drivers pre 158.24.

Seems they took a step backwards with 162.22, yet some users like them..actually it did give me a boost with 1 vc....but I can not enable sli with them, and I'm not about to let a 8800 sit idle!

I will be testing the new quadro 162.50 when i get a chance.

I know the fanboi's will say "nya nya they don't have to if they don't want to..."

I think vista is a big issue too. I had more than just CTD problems with vista. Performance issues and the lack of changing gpu fan speeds because ntune wasnt able too on vista. Maybe that has been fixed by now.

I have 8800gtx and without turning fans on 100% it would go over 80C cause for some screwed up reason nvidia default fan speed is 59%. When it reaches that temp i would get bad artifacts and lod issues.

With xp I have no problems except CTD if I dont flush Vram. I hardly ever crash while flushing every once inawhile.

If its possible for you I would try and make a partion or another harddrive and make a dual boot with xp. VistaBootPro is a free program that allows you to do this.

Like I said above xp solved most of my problems now im just waiting on a fix for Vram issues.

Posted this in another thread about vista, but nobody seems to have seen it and/or commented on how it affected their gameplay:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ar....ed.html

Quote[/b] ]KB 938194, also known as the "compatibility and reliability" update, should probably be called the "now you can play games with your computer" update. It purports to address a handful of gaming-related problems, including compatibility issues with NVIDIA's G80 series of cards.

Please post with your results, good or bad.

I will be testing the new quadro 162.50 when i get a chance.

3dmark06 dropped 500pts.

Same pic as in his first post.

Scratch those.

@binkster,

I've tested the flush command..but it was never used/needed in any of the long games I've played.

Posted this in another thread about vista, but nobody seems to have seen it and/or commented on how it affected their gameplay:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ar....ed.html

Quote[/b] ]KB 938194, also known as the "compatibility and reliability" update, should probably be called the "now you can play games with your computer" update. It purports to address a handful of gaming-related problems, including compatibility issues with NVIDIA's G80 series of cards.

Please post with your results, good or bad.

Gave a "This update does not apply to your system"

I think vista is a big issue too. I had more than just CTD problems with vista. Performance issues and the lack of changing gpu fan speeds because ntune wasnt able too on vista. Maybe that has been fixed by now.

I have 8800gtx and without turning fans on 100% it would go over 80C cause for some screwed up reason nvidia default fan speed is 59%. When it reaches that temp i would get bad artifacts and lod issues.

With xp I have no problems except CTD if I dont flush Vram. I hardly ever crash while flushing every once inawhile.

If its possible for you I would try and make a partion or another harddrive and make a dual boot with xp. VistaBootPro is a free program that allows you to do this.

Like I said above xp solved most of my problems now im just waiting on a fix for Vram issues.

I am having that temperature issue right now! I spent so much time today trying to get control of my fans, I dont know if I can dual boot....was really hoping not to have to do that.........ugh, with a downloaded version....have to get it unlocked again...

I think vista is a big issue too.  I had more than just CTD problems with vista.  Performance issues and the lack of changing gpu fan speeds because ntune wasnt able too on vista.  Maybe that has been fixed by now.

I have 8800gtx and without turning fans on 100% it would go over 80C cause for some screwed up reason nvidia default fan speed is 59%.  When it reaches that temp i would get bad artifacts and lod issues.

With xp I have no problems except CTD if I dont flush Vram.  I hardly ever crash while flushing every once inawhile.

I am having that temperature issue right now! I spent so much time today trying to get control of my fans, I dont know if I can dual boot....was really hoping not to have to do that.........ugh, with a downloaded version....have to get it unlocked again...

Go ahead and try Ntune, maybe they fixed the problem controlling fans since I had vista. Its been a few months since I went back to xp, Im thinking it was the drivers that caused the problem changing fan speeds.

Also you can use rivatuner but I think rivatuner is limited on Vista.

Go ahead and try Ntune, maybe they fixed the problem controlling fans since I had vista. Its been a few months since I went back to xp, Im thinking it was the drivers that caused the problem changing fan speeds.

Ive tried nTune, Riva Tuner, nTweak, etc, etc,

It works if you dont use drivers 158, but then I cant run the game....

CATCH 22....if I want to control my fan, I cant play the game.

LoL, first the guy busts in like it's everybody's duty to help him and flaps his lips about how retarded everyone else is. Then it turns out he's running Vista 64bit that's unsupported by the game and on top of that he's got temperature issues to begin with.

Nice job there sparky. That's like giving everyone the finger from the back of the short bus. rofl.gif

LoL, first the guy busts in like it's everybody's duty to help him and flaps his lips about how retarded everyone else is. Then it turns out he's running Vista 64bit that's unsupported by the game and on top of that he's got temperature issues to begin with.

Nice job there sparky. That's like giving everyone the finger from the back of the short bus. rofl.gif

Another brilliant mind to come help out. We're stupider after having read your post.

Don't use any unsupported OS (Vista or Vista 64) or any unsupported card (8800), that's plain simple.

When you buy computer parts, make sure that it meet the requirements for the software you want to use (Armed Assault.)

I think vista is a big issue too.  I had more than just CTD problems with vista.  Performance issues and the lack of changing gpu fan speeds because ntune wasnt able too on vista.  Maybe that has been fixed by now.

I have 8800gtx and without turning fans on 100% it would go over 80C cause for some screwed up reason nvidia default fan speed is 59%.  When it reaches that temp i would get bad artifacts and lod issues.

With xp I have no problems except CTD if I dont flush Vram.  I hardly ever crash while flushing every once inawhile.

Go ahead and try Ntune, maybe they fixed the problem controlling fans since I had vista.  Its been a few months since I went back to xp, Im thinking it was the drivers that caused the problem changing fan speeds.

Ive tried nTune, Riva Tuner, nTweak, etc, etc,

It works if you dont use drivers 158, but then I cant run the game....

CATCH 22....if I want to control my fan, I cant play the game.

Depending on how important ArmA is, it may be your best option to dual boot with xp. But remember you may still CTD since you have 88ss.

I to would be leary of loosing a downloaded version of ArmA.

At this point, you may want to add more fans to your tower (to pull heat out). 8800's fans only go to 100% when needed.

My top card runs @74c, bottom card runs @85c (due to heat from top card blowing down)...and this seems to be normal according to nvidia. My vc fans will kick in for about 3-5 mins about every 30 mins, while playing ArmA.

But I do have 4 tower fans...and the Enermax psu...has a really big fan that pulls heat out.

And believe me..this system can heat my neighborhood. rofl.gif