Sign in to follow this  
tj72

Airlift v1.51b

Nice one TJ    ....   smile_o.gif

great job ...  all is not lost for pilots stranded at sea   wink_o.gif

keep up the great work  and thanks

been playing with this script really good idea  smile_o.gif

get an error message when changing drop zone marker during flight ...... missing ]

i see you can disable or enable the precision landings for land use is it possible to disable the precision landings for sea insertions or to speed up the precision landing process

great script  the new features are wicked

i tried to implent this scripts in to a mission am making using VTE Khesang island and it sure as **** works perfectly until the chopper crashes in it a mountain top with trees on it maybe setting the flying height a bit higher could solve this problem ?

Hi TJ

Been testing the new version of airlift online with reality friends ...

no more error messages ..

the script works a treat ..

(that is if the squad leader managers to select a suitable LZ)

The precision landings are still a little slow but they are still an excellent feature ...

I agree arrows for vectors would be a nice touch , a little clearer ..

excellent script mate ... well done

Due to the actions menu changes while on board vehicles, the caller will have to exit the vehicle to access these actions.

Nice script TJ, its great to have an airlift option that gives the field commander so much flexibility as to where to go. With regards the action menu changes, would it be an idea to have the whole set of commands as radio commands to avoid having to exit the chopper. In this way the leader brings up the map first and the radio is there for him to call the various airlift options, including diverting to a different LZ if necessary.

New Updated version on first post and here:

<a href="[url=http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/16/1083677/Airlift_1_73.zip" target="_blank">Airlift version 1.73</a>

From the readme:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-FIXED- Some typos left in code

-FIXED- Precision Landing over water has been tweaked for better speed

-ADDED-Anti Crashing Code added, chopper will attempt to raise flying height if crash is imminent

-ADDED- Tweaks for cruising altitude to attempt better flights over hilly terrain and Long Range distance threshold

-FIXED- Improved Long Range code to avoid heli hanging in air before resuming next Waypoint

-ADDED- Vector markers are now arrows that point the direction of travel for chopper

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically fixed an error and added more parameters that the mission maker can tweak like cruising altitude. The water landing s are much better and quicker per Shark-Attacks request.

Thanks for your interest those who posted above. Sorry if I was quiet to some of your questions. I did try to address the crashing into mountains issue as mentioned above by supergruntsb78

AF-Killer- The thing about the action menu is hopefully not too inconvenient since you should only need to get those actions if your on the ground. That is why the mapclick is on for the reroute as it doesnt use actions. I never learned how to put the actions in the vehicle and what problems that might bring up. I will consider changing that in the future hopefully.

I would like to make this script more flexible in the future, such as giving the Airlift to the the next human player in a squad if the caller is dead. Its not too good if your transport for a whole squad leaves just because the leader died. Now you have to wait for another one to called once that leader respawns. I never figured out how to approach this problem but hopefully someday the solution will jump out at me in the simplest form.

This script took forever to test because its dynamic and I would have to do hundreds of pickups and wait for the part where that particular error was happening. Also the game itself was rather brilliant at throwing up problems that gave me frustration but also alot of insights along the way.

I do wish to continue working on Airlift but I have another script thats almost done so I will be focusing on that for a time and if I dont make it back to this project for any reason I just want to take this post to thank all the people who showed an interest and used Airlift. Especially those people who took the time to interact with me on the boards and P, test out my script to find all the gremlins it had (you know who you are). Thanks to everyone who complimented the script here and elsewhere.

Otherwise I still like to hear feedback good or bad (well not horrible bad just kind of semi bad or something) Even just comments about the experience of playing ARMA using Airlift gives me a big jolt of energy to continue. So to all the lurkers ( and if you look at my profile you can see Im one of them) please feel free to comment here if you were liking to.

Anyways thats all I have for now and as always

ENJOY!

p.s. Check TJ_Init for those tweakable variables!

Great script... use it and it works great.... however i renamed all the marker-names in the both important scripts and now with the update to 1.73 i have to do it again wow_o.giftounge2.gifwhistle.gif

Regards, Christian

It's been a pleasure working with you on this script TJ. I am using it in my XAM Mission and so far it works GREAT.

Well Done!

Vengeance

Airlift 1.73 -hotfixed!-

I have done a hotfix for Airlift (following norrins lead on this hotfix thing)

I uploaded a full version with the hotfix in it if Armaholic/ARMAMDB wish to change the current versions on their servers.

To patch current missions with Airlift simply download this zip file:

Airlift Hotfix

and copy the containing .sqs file into your CPUp directory to overwrite. There are two files for East and West in nested directories in the .zip

This hotfix corrects an error where Airlift number four was breaking if the caller requested reroute. This problem was due to a simple typo (yes another one) in the code.

Anyway we can enter the heli at the base and just give it a waypoint to drop off the squad at? I want to start near the helicopters, away from the enemy zone and then fly into enemy territory.

Thanks for the great script, if there's one thing I can never get enough of it's better ways to get around.

I think I could maybe work on that a little bit this weekend since you asked so nice. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the compliment, glad you find the script usefull.

I think whats great about the script is all the feedback based features I put in from users like yourself who took a little time to interact and provide some support for a lot of scripting work due to my limited scripting knowledge but extreme stubborn-ness about editing ARMA.

What i will try to do is:

If the caller is within a minumum distance to the nearest Chopper , the chopper will turn its engine on and wait for the players/squad to board and then go right to LZ/reroute mode.

I also noticed that the paradrop RTB doesnt work if your group is spread out over the map.

Ive got another script I want to release as well and Im considering adding more onto it before releasing so I have to prioritize this a bit.

TJ some questions on logics

What is E_tower01 used for.

What is baser11 used for

What is Radio rt354 used for

thanks for the update.

They are left over stuff that should not be needed for it to work.

The only thing I remember was the tower logic was an attempt to organize the radio messages for multiplayer but I wound up not using it and must have never deleted it out of the template mission.