Sign in to follow this  
tj72

Airlift v1.51b

I had to do a quick update just now and I had to add a new array.

E_grouplist must list the players group in the same position as the leader group playerlist array. The previous version doesnt work. I got the action back and the error was gone but the group leader was not updating so the new array was created.

I will make a cleaned up version later on and I updated the link.

1.5303 now. Thanks.

Ok, worked great with one Blu_1 but I need help with 4 group leaders???

Playerlist = [0,leader Blu_1,Blu_2,Blu_3,Blu_4]

E_Grouplist = [0,Blu_1,Blu_2,Blu_3,Blu_4]

Is this correct? Other Group Leaders could not cal Airlift.

Also, found that after calling Airlift I still had "Call for Airlift" as well as "Abort Airlift", worked fine just expected "Call" to go away until ended.

Do you have leader before each group name in the top array. Here you only have it in front of the first. I just got up and read this so I only have a min to check and I added a second group and switched to that unit and got the action in SP but theres no reason same shouldnt work for MP.

The group names can be anything btw. They are just BLU_# here as an example. Hope that fixes it!

You should not have the action back untill after the chopper lands safely or there is a timeout. The abort airlift should dissapear after pickup so I will have to go back and check what is happening. Are the other groups even getting the action at the start or nothing?

NOTE: I was looking at my uploaded version and noticed that there were typos and unfinished code. I have updated the version now. Please download from the link and the file should be 1_5305b. Made adjustments to fly in height and distance thresholds for more stabilty.

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]The script only transports infantry at this time and I think the ability to transport vehicles by air would be a great addition to the game.
no no wait are you saying that the script cant have choppers carrying vehicles any longer? crazy_o.gifhuh.gif

that was like the main feature of the script icon_rolleyes.gif

oh well i dunno how i will do now.. tounge2.gif just figure out something else to do with my vehicles on the island.

Never did carry vehicles

Must be another script out there maybe from OFP. The only thing I knew about that carried vehicles was the MH-47 from BAS. Fun but was easy to make the cable snap.

NEW version uploaded. hope its working allright

this script in earlier version carried urals and stuff under blackhawk even though rope was invisible tounge2.gif

You MUST be thinking of another script. I never made anything for vehicle transport. Are you sure you tried my script from this forumn because this is the only place it was made available. There must be some confusion here.

Hey TJ72 been working with your script in MP a lot and found a few things I could use some help with please:

1. When call Airlift and in route you get two calls availible, one that says Abort and another new "Call Airlift", if you use advance #1 and call #2 then #2 arrives at LZ and locks there.

2. Spelling Error "LZ has ben reached" ben = been, also "Airlift has ben Destroyed" I believe the are in the Move_SVR file.

3. I am getting an error every once and a while although does not seem to affect operation " '!10783|#|c00#638123:us_soldier_teamlead.p3d_a' Error Missing;

Hope this helps, otherwise it is working well, I am using several other scripts with it.

Dynamic Weather - KilJoy

TeamStatus - Dr. Eyeball

Revive - Norrin

BAS f - Debug Mode - Fer

BAS f - Local Variables - Fer

BAS f - Automatic Body Remover - Fer

IED - Jeevz

SatCam

Good work TJ72, just found a error crazy_o.gif

If you exit the MP game and then rejoin as the group leader and you try to call the airlift you get the following error.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_group=(group playerlist /#/ select _J) and the message Error Zero Devisor

Other than that i not had any additional errors so far. The mission I am making using the XAM1.3 has been upgraded to a MP co op 30 now version 1.04.Coop_30_RSS Mission

Thanks for the feedback vengeance,

I hope to make a better chat script for this where the player has all the chat lines in a row and they can customize them and even add sound files to go along with the chats. I hope this chat will be MP compatible so I need to research. Please make sure you have latest version of the script and test in SP as well as MP if possible. The call action was coming back in SP untill I changed some things for final version. I will MP test it again to make sure. I hope to get PvP mode done soon and try to make the chopper fly in low to the LZ2.

Pico de Perez is no friend to this script. Its the only area where the chopper crashes repeatedly. Theres an airport near there and if you use it try to avoid that area on the map. I can find no other mountains that are 750+ high like this.

TJ, what about the error below I keep getting with new version? Any Idea?

3. I am getting an error every once and a while although does not seem to affect operation " '!10783|#|c00#638123:us_soldier_teamlead.p3d_a' Error Missing;

Ive never seen that error pop up. I would guess it may be do to changes in config or due to the multiple scripts running which causes a bug in the game to show up. Try to make a clean version and add the scripts one by one to see if the error pops up after a certain mod/script is added.

TJ ok I have figured out the error, it is Norrins Revive Versions 1.0f, had to backup to 1.0d. to make it go away.

I still have one error with Airlift in Preview, MP Local and MP Server using latest vesion. I am still getting double Airlift Calls, once called I get Abort and still have Call for Airlift. Gets very confusing which one to pick after a while. ?? help.gif

In my Preview mode the error dissapeared so I thought it was solved but I never did get to the source of the problem. I have to check my local version and make sure of a few things and then Ill update but I must admit this error has me baffled.

The JIP matter that Morticus mentioned may be due to a JIP player being NULL at mission start which would logically break the script. So I hope that a check for Player != NULL before proceeding with the initial script will squash that bug. Weekend turnaround is likely for these changes. Sooner if schedule permits.

Hi TJ well I have tried removing script to isolate and found wierd results, in Preview if I remove the following code  KilJoy's Dynamic Weather Script below, it will run fine without error in Preview but in Multiplayer it returns. Sorry I am not able to isolate more

// Dynamic Weather - by KilJoy [sFG]

//

// I offer these scripts to anyone who wants to use them, credit free.

//

// This script is run automatically when the mission starts

// It sets up the weather system on the client and server.

// NOTE:

// Other settings to take note of is to set the forecast in the mission to fair

// and to set current weather to fair. And like wise for fog and forecast fog.

// Where ever you place the triggers is where the weather is at mission start.

// All markers will fall into place automatically.

// You MUST place a Game Logic called server in your mission or it will not work!!

setterraingrid 25; //medium grass

setViewDistance 1200; //default mp viewdistance

_pos = [0,0,0]; // defining pos out of a closed statement.

if(local server) then // only game logics are local to the server. This is how we prevent clients running server scripts.

{

_weath = [] execVM "scripts\weathergen.sqf";

};

if (local player) then // player is only local to the client. This is how we prevent the server running client scripts.

{

_rainmarkt = createMarkerLocal ["rainmarkt", _pos];

_rainmarkt setMarkerTypeLocal "DOT";

_rainmarkt setMarkerColorLocal "ColorBlack";

_rainmarkt setMarkerTextLocal "R A I N";

_rainmarkt setMarkerSizeLocal [0, 0];

_rainmarkt = createMarkerLocal ["rainmarkt2", _pos];

_rainmarkt = createMarkerLocal ["rainmarkt3", _pos];

_rainmarkt = createMarkerLocal ["fogmarkt", _pos];

_rainmarkt setMarkerTextLocal "F O G";

_rainmarkt = createMarkerLocal ["rainmarkt4", _pos];

_wrec = [] execVM "scripts\weatherrec.sqf";

_fog = [] execVM "scripts\fog.sqf";

_rain = [] execVM "scripts\rain.sqf";

};

Ok did more testing, and found that if I leave above in and play on MP Standalone Server I get error but after respawning it corrects itself. So it only happens on game start, not sure about join yet. However I did find if player aborts and rejoins game with different Team Lead Airlift goes away all together. banghead.gif

TJ, I know your working on Messages in MP but I did notice that the message "Click on Map to reset LZ" does work in MP. How this helps.

Ok sorry to say i think i have found another bug,

After choppa 1 is destroyed I try to travel in coppa 2 call it in ok get in ok take off and set of for destination ok,  then we just stop about 1/2 way to the destination. I have no ideas why just stops and sits there as if it has reached a waypoint and then hovers.  

Can you take a look at this one for me TJ72  confused_o.gif

Same happens with coppa 3 had to bail out as they just hover in middle of there route

link to picture Heli's stuck pic

EDIT

update is coming soon, Sorry for the late return.

Here is an interesting thing I found, we know we don't get the comments from Airlift in MP but if you have a Group and you issue a command to one of them during calling Airlift al the comments show up???

Not sure if this helps but interesting. Airlift is working fine so far with many scripts now,

Dynamic Weather

SATCAM

Revive

Hitch/Tow Vehicle

Team Status

Mykes Group Spawn

Just down to comments from Airlift. Nice Work TJ.

Hello Guys, you be pleased to know version 3.05 of my mission using this brill script Airlift from TJ72 is now available to download from ARMAHOLIC.COM

Its a Big Mission and is now a Co op 30, with massive battles including a Elite Guard with between 50 and 100 Tanks, and some support units. I have made it so the number of AI differs each mission.

I 'd like to thank TJ72 for his support on this as well as Kiljoy,Foxhound,and the SES crew for letting me test on there Multiplayer Server.

LINK RSS coop mission for 30 People

Please leave any comments or possible recomendations on the following forum please (for the Mission Only not Airlift)

Coop30 Rss.sara mission Forum

TJ72 I'd like to thank you for all you effort on this Airlift script a great piece of work you done here. Keep up the good work mate.

Mort.

TJ,  Still having issues on Multiplayer with Airlift option disappearing, also not getting text update as Helo is in route??

Seems to work fine until respawn a few times then disappears? Using with Revive Script from Norrin.

Is script still being updated?

ok guys updated the mission again to version 3.10

RSS coop mission for 30 People

RSS coop mission for 30 People

Kiljoy has been helping me for a good few hours and i have added some additional features with his help.

Hope to add a possible ranking system in the future simlar to Evo.

I hope you can all give it a go and give me some more feed back. I am using this great script form TJ72.

Airlift.

So please try this mission

Mission forum is here

Rss mission forum

Thanks to Armaholic.com.

Morticus

Glad that you guys are still liking the scripts. Im sorry for all the lateness but I really am close to an update. However Ive had more than one request for a tracking marker on the heli pos enroute to LZ. My current release doesnt have it. But I must admit its a good idea that would have helped a bit with some testing early on. I suppose I will try to make a quick script to address this before releasing unless it takes to long to make or I get feedback otherwise. Also vengeance1 mentioned he would like a "closest chopper first" mode in case your choppers are in dif areas of the map. This may take a bit longer though but it seems like a good feature to add. Hopefully by this weekend anyways ( I mean it this time! smile_o.gif )