Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Geforce 8800 gts help needed

I am hoping a few people with a geforce 8800gts can help me out here. I didn't know, untill i ordered my card a few days ago, that there was so many problems associated with this card and the game.

I havn't received my card yet, but fingers crossed i don't suffer any problems.

What i want to know is, are people still having problems with there card, even after the latest patch 162.18...that came out on the 26/07/07 and if anything has this patch done any good.

Can somone also tell me what the main problem with the card and this game is. I just don't want to spend money on somthing thats going to cause me more hassel then good.

Would also be good to hear from those who dont't have a problem with the card.

The card i have purchased is the PNY Geforce 8800 gts 640mb.

Wrong thread but I will answer for you.  

I have 8800gtx and I wouldnt trade it for nothing even though it has problems with the only game I play.  

This problem will be fixed.  Ive read where there is a problem withany graphics card that has more than 512mb of ram.

For some reason the video ram isnt flushing on its own.  Not sure if its drivers or BIS.

Here is a Workaround untill a fix.  Everyonce inawhile type left SHIFT + minus(numpad) then type the word F-L-U-S-H.  

This will clear the Video ram.  

I have Riva Tuner.  Its a program that you display information in game from Fan speeds/temps, cpu temps, and gpu temps, FPS, and even Video Ram.

I watch the video ram and when it reaches too high I know to flush it.

Hope this helps.

I have an eVGA 8800GTS 640MB, latest drivers(XP)

I just get the occational CTD or cant create texture crashes. Though I think there have been less since the latest drivers.

(1)Wrong thread but I will answer for you.  

(2) Here is a Workaround untill a fix.  Everyonce inawhile type left SHIFT + minus(numpad) then type the word F-L-U-S-H.    

(3) I have Riva Tuner.  Its a program that you display information in game from Fan speeds/temps, cpu temps, and gpu temps, FPS, and even Video Ram.

For some reason the video ram isnt flushing on its own.  Not sure if its drivers or BIS.

(1) Yes wrong thread, sorry, hope an admin puts it in the right one before i lose my money on buying this card.

(2) When you say "type left SHIFT + minus(numpad) then type the word F-L-U-S-H" where do i type all this? and do i type FLUSH or F-L-U-S-H

(3) Where do i get the Riva Tuner from, do you have a link please.

Btw, is this definitely going to be fixed, and does the flushing happen in other games. I ask this because if BIS are to blame for the problem, well its been 9 months since this game was released, so what makes you think they will fix it. Also how many times do you have to do this flush thing in the course of 1 hour, its just i think it would bug the hell out of me. Thanks!

2) In Game - Press and hold left shift + Minus(num pad) then let go and type in FLUSH

3) Here!

Yea what claw said, I usually do it every 10min or so. It may be BIS fault or nvidia fault but really what matters that it gets fixed. Just google rivatuner and check there forums on the proper way to fix it up. flushing solves all my CTD, I can usually see it coming. LODS start messing up and things start blinking.

Yea what claw said, I usually do it every 10min or so.

That has just convinced me, to cancel my geforce 8800 gts and buy the new ATI card 2900xT.

i got some solutions for the 8800GTX which helped me to get rid of most problems:

download latest beta drivers:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

set prerender limit to 1 (connceted with vsync) solution for mouselag !! i did it with nHancer

get ntune (google it) and overclock the bitch, search the net for stable oc results. with this tool you can also overclock the cpu.

add maxmem as ArmA doesnt like more then 512Mb on cards, you got 640, not sure doh, but seems to work better for me, less crashes. ending should look like this:

ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -maxmem=512 -world=empty

in big maps i need to have high texture and object settings, on normal or lower i have texture errors.

good luck...

lol, cancelling a good card to buy something that is worse.

and i'm almost guaruntee the 29XX series has all the early problems that Nvidia have allready started dealing with.

Good luck with that

Yea what claw said, I usually do it every 10min or so.

That has just convinced me, to cancel my geforce 8800 gts and buy the new ATI card 2900xT.

lol yeah, You dont need to do it every 10 minutes.

I play for hours without crashing or using the FLUSH command.

Just dont alt-tab from the game.

Every time you alt-tab it uses more and more memory untilll it gets the error.