Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

This mod is AMAZING on Evo Coop multiplayer!

It adds a WHOLE NEW level of gameplay, and a whole new depth!

Seriously, well done to the mod team, you have done really well.

I think that somebody needs to make a version of Evo Coop that's got all the new features in, so far it's only got the HMMWV with the radio, but it's unuseable as we can't get any grid coords without the Stryker or Laser Marker thingy crazy_o.gif

That's some funky ACU you've got going there. The vest is a tad green for my liking, but I'm sure you guys have been putting in a lot of work on this one, so congrats on the release.  smile_o.gif

Funky isn't the word. Wacked is more like it. The XAM ACU color scheme is more akin to some sort of arctic camo, when it should resemble something more along the lines of your addon. Another inconsistency is the American flag on the Marine Corps personnel wearing the MARPAT uniform. All in all, it's a neat mod with some great features.

The ACU aspect keeps me from fully enjoying it.

acu4.jpg

Love the mod guys, adds a great new element that really involves you in the battle. Two questions though.

First, can you "kill" some one and have them not die. I walked by an OPFOR I thought wa dead and he was making thease moaning and gurgling sounds. Whne i shot him again they stopped.

Second, my HUMMVW radio olny has the "Radio" button and the option to select air or artillery, I haven't found a way to place in grid coords, and when i send a radio message, it get no response. Is there something I'm not getting?

Love the mod guys, adds a great new element that really involves you in the battle. Two questions though.

First, can you "kill" some one and have them not die. I walked by an OPFOR I thought wa dead and he was making thease moaning and gurgling sounds. Whne i shot him again they stopped.

Second, my HUMMVW radio olny has the "Radio" button and the option to select air or artillery, I haven't found a way to place in grid coords, and when i send a radio message, it get no response. Is there something I'm not getting?

About the air/arty support: you have to be around (5km maxi) a command and control Stryker to ask for support through radio.

Though, i'm still working on the manual translation.

Poor old ruskies, there always forgotten about. Can you guys make a version for them? So we can then have a balanced playing field. I feel they would get smashed otherwise......

You mean the arty support? The BRDM features the same radio as the hummer.

Just a little example about the arty/air support and coordinates system:

Create a map for training and put:

- A target

- The player (you)

- A hummer (empty) and a command and control stryker (AI) at less than 3km from the hummer.

- Ammo crate (Special)

Now, go to the ammo crate, take a laser telemeter (and a battery just in case). Go to a place where you can see the target. Turn on your telemeter and aim the target (left click). You'll see the coordinates + distance appears. Then jump in the hummer and call for the support you need on radio. Fill the support box with the coordinates the telemeter gave you.

Note: 30 seconds before impact - 10 mn before the next arty support and 15mn to wait for the next air strike.

There's another way to get the coordinates, i'll post it soon.

Edit: I really don't know if i'll have enough time to translate the whole manual before I'll go in vacations (Russia + Belarus tounge2.gif ) on august 6th. So I prefer give you some tips for now. I keep an eye on the forum to help you.

wink_o.gif

Just wanted to say that i dled the link and when i tryed to install it i got a message "invalid data".

Thanks, I will NOT Download 1.785,238 KB (1.7GB) <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>For nothing</span>. mad_o.gif

Think I'll wait until this thing goes on a diet before trying to download again.  I too got truncated file and install error invalid data.  Keep us informed about when it's slimmed down please guys, and if the .rpt errors are anything to go by in other's posts it looks like this mod needs some work to make it finished and stable yet.

Just wanted to say that i dled the link and when i tryed to install it i got a message "invalid data".

Thanks, I will NOT Download 1.785,238 KB (1.7GB) <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>For nothing</span>. mad_o.gif

bollocks to that.. me too banghead.gif

bollocks to that.. me too banghead.gif

Where did you download the file ? Looks like the file from a server is corrupted. Then we'll need to contact the hoster real quick.

Bravo 6 strikes again tounge2.gif

It's no ones fault. Did you use a download manager capable of resume?

Unless the hosted file actually is corrupt...

There is possible to visualize a crosshair? Only press V can I zoom in to the arma.. any idea? I've insert a mod "crosshair.pbo" but it'sn't visualize nothing..

Bravo 6 strikes again tounge2.gif

It's no ones fault. Did you use a download manager capable of resume?

Unless the hosted file actually is corrupt...

i strike as many times its needed. biggrin_o.gif

I've uploaded it to my ftp. If it's not ok, I'll remove it - or you could just simply ask a mod that's on to edit my post.

XAM 1.3 english.

(Location: sweden)

this was the source of my download.

NOTE: Im not blaming noone for this error. Things happen. Im just saying that I will Not download another .EXE file, count me out to test this .exe mod.

It looks great guys, I can't wait to figure out the true potential of this mod. Will there be a mission pack or campaign soon? I've also noticed that some addons no longer work with the mod installed, even if I move the pbo's to the xam folder, is there a way around this? I was really looking forward to using the sight adjustment addon with the laser tellemeter.

Python1

if someone could tell me how to edit the evolution map, i would gladly put the new units in it and try to balance it....

Well it took me two tries, and over 5 hours on the one that worked but I got it; and really really happy that I did.

Everything works fine (except the uh60 radio, I can't hear it) and it makes even simple battes in the editor much more realistic. No longer am I having to send men into a town untouched by arty support.

For the co-ordiantes I usually just place a spotter and make him playable, the strykers gunner and make him playable and then my team.

Really good mod guys, thanks a million

Does anyone know the classnames of the Laser Telemeter / Ammo?

I tried the normal Laser Designator but it's a different object.

Is it my imagination or have all the ak74 models had their magazines replaced with metal ak47 style mags instead of the modern plastic ones?

My first post and all I can say is "SUPERB WORK" biggrin_o.gif

This mod, is a great addition and have been enjoying updating/editing a few mpmissions to include the Snipers and Spotters.

couple of requests if someone could assist:

1. Windage + Elevation Mod - Anyone got this working with XAM yet? - If so how?

2. Evolution - First person to Mod Evolution to include XAM and all it's additions is a legend in my books.

Nice work guys!!

Go on MP and put XAM in the name bit of the search filter, there's a few evo xam servers.

@Lt Dan- I'm waiting for the same answer about the windage and elevation addon.

Also, would someone be so kind as to translate the laser tellemeter dialogue.

Allumer Module Telemetre

Eteindre Module Telemetre

coordonees non-diponibles

I think I get the gist, but it is the English version after all.

great mod, thank you very much

not too fond of the metallic sound the cartridges do with every shot. doesn't quite sound realistic. otherwise awesome gun sounds

We need an option to remove that damn death music in 1.4 crazy_o.gif