Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

Real Looking Island?

Hey I'm making a movie. But I need to an island that has grass, good looking trees, small, and large towns.

I'm using Lock On for the planes. But OFP FFUR SLX for ground.

Can someone help? I tried using OFP.INFO. But it seems to be down.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. Maybe something that is modernized European?

Are there really any islands for OFP with grass? I only know about some kind of grass script.

Anyway the original Sarugao island is my all time favorite for a real looking custom island. Excluding the small desert regions, it features the Everon flora.

There are small and big villages/towns.

Another interesting island could be a US desert scenario with railways, skyscrapers, pipelines, habour... but I've forgotten the name.

What about, "Linker Split's Tropic HD Island?"

Has anyone played on this one?

Looks real. But maybe laggy.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Hello MilitiaSniper,

Linker's island is definitely a nice location.But you

are right about it being hard on a system.It's more

suited to close quarters play with low visibility.At

least on mid to low end machines.

Mind you,OFP is still capable of slowing down even a

very powerful machine,especially on a map like

this,with high view distance.

smile_o.gif

What about Laura Island by the HDS project? Its very small but HIGHLY detailed. When OFP.info is back up search for it... [HIGH] is the HIGH quality tounge2.gif

Novajev is the best & most realistic island I ever saw in OFP. Pretty small download too as it uses mostly OFP objects, apart from some new vegetation & buildings which are all included in the download.

Novajev is the best & most realistic island I ever saw in OFP. Pretty small download too as it uses mostly OFP objects, apart from some new vegetation & buildings which are all included in the download.

In my opinion Novajev simply sucks. This island looks like half-cooked. One half is different than other half. Vegetation is miserable, no grass. Forget about industry and airport stuff.

The very good two islands I`d recommend for you are superb - Mapfact Nogova 2 and OFman Saria Island.

In Nogova 2 you have everything you want. Great vegetation, detailed towns, lots of industries, highways and causeway, genuine mountain textures, scripted airfields. Yhmm what else, I cant remember all of the stuff that comes with this island.

Saria island is very interesting. It is based on some ideas from Arma (terrain Shape, very nice bridge, volcano). Vegetation and towns are well made. It is worth seeing.

In my opinion Novajev simply sucks.

Good job on the opinion man, really.

I say Novajev is great because the village layouts are simply realistic, nearly every building is enterable, the gardens and roads are realistic and the towns are logical and, well, realistic.

There are a few factories, a few farms, a realistic number of each considering the island size. Not much in the way of military structures to be sure but calling the map sucky because it doesn't tick all your boxes is quite stupid smile_o.gif

I find the two island halves pretty compatible with each other actually, one half is rather more sophisticated agriculturally if that's what you were struggling to put across wink_o.gif but I think on the whole the entire island has a reasonable variance in terrain types without seeming artificial.

The whole island is pretty well put together, there's a million little places to hide, ambush, scout, camp, base etc.

Oh, but no airfield so I guess the whole thing sucks.

Anyways, small download, try it out smile_o.gif

"Realistic" How, If you go into further detail I can give you a link for an Island