Sign in to follow this  
NonWonderDog

Realistic Ballistics

Very nice addition  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif I lvoe this, now you actually feel that you are sniper. pistols.gif

Now i enjoy sniper missions are even better. Except i dont get what those buttons do on range card, add and reset? Is this so you type in distance and its gives you MOA? Everytime i type in distance its always +0....

Very nice addition notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif I lvoe this, now you actually feel that you are sniper. pistols.gif

Now i enjoy sniper missions are even better. Except i dont get what those buttons do on range card, add and reset? Is this so you type in distance and its gives you MOA? Everytime i type in distance its always +0....

Hi USSRsniper smile_o.gif

Info from gmJamez SightAdjustment:

Quote[/b] ]

To create your custom range card:

1) Aim at a target and adjust the elevation until the rounds hit exactly where you aim at.

2) Select the "New" link within the range card.

3) Enter the distance into the edit control next to the "enter distance:" line.

4) Select the "New" link within the range card and push the "add" button. Your current configuration will be added to the range card.

5) Repeat steps 1-4 for all distances you wish to show on the range card.

6) Select the entire text within the text control below the "copy range card data here:" line and copy the text to your clipboard.

7) Create a new text file within the directory where the range cards are stored (default "your ArmA directory\@GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addons").

8) Paste the text and save the file as "rangecard_XXX.txt" where XXX can be anything you choose (for example indicate the gun, ammo, ...).

e.g. for an M24 range card you could save it as: rangecard_M24.txt

9) Open the file "rangecard_list.txt" within the directory where the range cards are stored (default "your ArmA directory\@GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addons") and add...

, "XXX"

... at the end without adding new lines. XXX is of course whatever you chose when saving the file just before.

10) Within the range card push the "reload" button - the new range card can be selected (no need to restart the game).

Hope this help you smile_o.gif

Cheers

I've given this thing a pretty thorough looking over and I'm totally blown away. There's no way I could play ArmA without this now. You've ruined me.

Something you may want to check out... in the couple of shoots that I set up with the ksvk, the rounds seemed to be landing more to the left of the reticle than the right. It may just be random chance, but I wanted to propose that that sight may not be totally lined up. The windage 'knob' was neutral.

Thanks. You might be right about the scope. The scope images are not scaled correctly in the game (they're scaled too big), and I had to offset all the crosshairs two pixels to the left and two pixels up to compensate. I'd need to make model edits to fix this, and I can't do that.

For now, the reticles might be a little bit off. The KSVK shouldn't be off any more than the others, but I'll look into it a bit more.

The KSVK does have the most dispersion of any sniper rifle, as I've simulated it as using standard API rounds straight out of machinegun belts. 12.7x108 mm sniper cartridges are incredibly rare.

ArmA needs wind to affect bullets now, because I shouldn't have been able to make that 1300 m SVD shot. I might actually be able to script that, but I still don't know how to load a script without interfering with other mods. There's no point in loading a wind script if it overrides gmJamez' windage adjustment. There aren't many wind cues in the game, though.

NonWonderDog, how to estimate correct ranges with your bino reticle? i guess it is in MIL standart (westside)? And i found this explanation how to calculate the distance:

Range Determination.

now in arma, i count 6-7 mil in hight for a soldier at 200 meters, who is probertly 1,80m tall. when i put this now in that formular:

1,80m / 6,5MILs * 1000 = 276m huh.gif

a weird thing is, if i take a t-72 (about 6,8m long) instead

it matches!?? I count about 35 MILs and the calculation looks like this:

6,8m / 35 MILs * 1000 = 194m i dont get it banghead.gif

whats wrong here? your reticle or ingame scale? any clue?

One question. I have not tried this addon yet, but it sounds very promising. Does it also change gun and tank gun ballistics?

NonWonderDog, how to estimate correct ranges with your bino reticle? i guess it is in MIL standart (westside)? And i found this explanation how to calculate the distance:

Range Determination.

now in arma, i count 6-7 mil in hight for a soldier at 200 meters, who is probertly 1,80m tall. when i put this now in that formular:

1,80m / 6,5MILs * 1000 = 276m   huh.gif

6,8m / 35 MILs  * 1000 = 194m     i dont get it  banghead.gif

Take a look:

200mjw5.jpg

I would estmate his height as 9 mils, which would give me 1.8*1000/9=200 m. It's a miracle! smile_o.gif

Hi.

I use the MIL-DOT Range Calculation from the Scope. Not so easy all the time since the damn soldier are sacking like hell. I like to find a way to make him not sacking like that when his crunch position.

It's to much sacking even if u use M24 with pibod. In my opinion i think the soldier are sacking to much when he are in crunch position.

Back to MIL-DOT Range Calculator:

size of the object in meters x 1000 / size of the object in mils = Range in meters

example: 1.8 meter x 1000 / 2.5 mils = 720 meters

(low quality)

MIL-DOT.jpg

Download MIL-DOT high quality

Cheers

I have another problem, for some reason my range card are messed up. Where i have to adjust positively by range card, on actual rifle in game i have to adjust to negative number.....

I have another problem, for some reason my range card are messed up. Where i have to adjust positively by range card, on actual rifle in game i have to adjust to negative number.....

Hi

Did you use NWD's finished range card that was included in his last update?

Just copy all his .txt files into @GMJ_SightAdjustment/Addons/

You can't mess those .txt files wile you are in game.

Or are you making some new rang card for other weapons?

Hi

Yes i do, but the range cards don't match the ones in the separate JPG file on first page...

Hi

Yes i do, but the range cards don't match the ones in the separate JPG file on first page...

Hi.

Ok now i think i maybe understand what u mean. You mean your adjustment don't match this Range Card?

qvcaeyjnag.jpg

I did an test with the SVD and the Range Card are correct here. And i did a test with M24, and it's correct too.

Can u please explain what you set your elevation in MILS for SVD at 1000 meters? Can u kill a man with 12.5 MILS same setting from the Range Card?

I haven't any problems with NWD's Range Card, i have only tested it with M24 and now SVD, and the elevation from the Range Card are correct.

Have you installed gmJamez last updated?

GMJ_SaightAdjustment v.0.4 Beta

Have you installed NWD's last update + patch?

Download under the first picture on first page, 3 files to download.

Cheers

Maximus-Sniper

No.

I installed GMJ mod first, then this with patch and scope fix.

Here is my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment

In GMJ_SightAdjustment i only have range cards, txt file. Is this what it should have?

Maximus-Sniper

No.

Here is my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM;@NWD_Ballistics;@NWD_ScopeFix;@GMJ_SightAdjustment

In GMJ_SightAdjustment i only have range cards, txt file. Is this what it should have?

Hi.

Yes, under the @GMJ_SightAdjustment, you have a folder name "Addons" and inside that one, you have GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and all the txt files from NWD.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

..\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

...................................\Addons\

..............................................\GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo

..............................................\rangecard_XXXXXXX.txt

Yes... you only need those txt files. They are made finish for NWD_Ballistics

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Cruzifer @ Aug. 12 2007,02:12)

Range Determination.

1,80m / 6,5MILs * 1000 = 276m

6,8m / 35 MILs * 1000 = 194m i dont get it

Take a look:

I would estmate his height as 9 mils, which would give me 1.8*1000/9=200 m. It's a miracle!

i found the problem...

TrueView messes up the bino setting! pistols.gif

NonWonderDog, is it possible to change anything that we also can use trueView whit your GORGEOUS MOD?

cheers cruzifer

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Cruzifer @ Aug. 12 2007,02:12)

Range Determination.

1,80m / 6,5MILs * 1000 = 276m

6,8m / 35 MILs * 1000 = 194m i dont get it

Take a look:

I would estmate his height as 9 mils, which would give me 1.8*1000/9=200 m. It's a miracle!

i found the problem...

TrueView messes up the bino setting! pistols.gif

NonWonderDog, is it possible to change anything that we also can use trueView whit your GORGEOUS MOD?

cheers cruzifer

Hi.

I think you have to edit TrueView.pbo and edit the file CfgWeapons.h and remove at the bottom:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Binocular : Default {

opticsZoomMin = 0.085;

opticsZoomMax = 0.165;

opticsZoomInit = 0.165;

};

Cheers

amazing stuff! Would be nice if NonWonderDog or/and gmJamez could release an little "learning/training mission". Maybe some good advices/hints for all who like to hit the target with the 1st shot - in ArmA. smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

No.

Here is my shortcut:

Hi.

Yes, under the @GMJ_SightAdjustment, you have a folder name "Addons" and inside that one, you have GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and all the txt files from NWD.

..\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

and i don't need this .pbo file?

Maximus-Sniper

No.

Here is my shortcut:

Hi.

..\@GMJ_SightAdjustment

and i don't need this .pbo file?

Hi.

Yes u need that .pbo file.

You need to put the GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and all the .txt files here: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@GMJ_SightAdjustment\Addons\

And if you have done that correct, you will see the new Range Card files in the game.

You can see in this pic. how i have installed GMJ_SightAdjustment and NWD_Ballistic:

NWD_GMJ.jpg

for some reason i can´t use 6thSense tracers and GMJ_SightAdjustment at same time...does anybody know a solution?

cheers Cruzifer

for some reason i can´t use 6thSense tracers and GMJ_SightAdjustment at same time...does anybody know a solution?

cheers Cruzifer

Hi.

Strange, i use 6thSenseMod with GMJ_SightAdjustment, NWD_Ballistics ... . .. . . . .. . And i haven't any problem with the tracers.

Are u using his Mod or just the tracers?

whole mod.... huh.gif

i´ll try some things...

thanks for quick reply smile_o.gif

Hi.

Are u using his last version to (v.0.94) and remember. Version 0.94 includes NWD_Ballistics(fist release), so u need to delete them from @6thSenseMod/Addons and just make @NWD_Ballistics as a mod.