Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Totmacher your back?

We could use your amazing skills, wanna join up?

and btw sorry, I am not disrespecting your earlier OFP RHS work, but if you try version 2 you will understand how different things are, at this moment I think we may be using 10% of you work if such.

Bionic already started replacing things and making root weapons for us, step by step we are implementing an entire new brand of weapons, in Vr2 you will understand it, as I said before I think all weapons have been changed like 80% each, all the new weapons (more or less 30) are entirely new so I think you understand me.

However as Steve said we did mentioned you in the credits on Vr1 and we will certenaly mention you again in Vr2.

But, it would be better if you would join RHS again, your skills are gold to ARMA my friend biggrin_o.gif

I mentioned something similar in the RACS thread. I love these weapons, but not the tracers. Don't Russian weapons use green tracers? These ones are bright orange confused_o.gif . Could you make these just inherit the tracers from BIS weapons? That way they are also compatible with the 6thsense.eu tracers mod, which looks so much better than the BIS style ones.

Also about the cobra optics: Could they be made to work like the aimpoint on the SLX weapons? I don't know much about weapons, but I assume the reticule works in a similar way to the aimpoint. 6thsense.eu weapon pack also does the same thing on their aimpoints. It makes the dot appear further away, and not just a texture inside the barrel. More like the real one. Don't know how else to explain it, have a look for yourself if you haven't already.

Anyway great job on this addon. Great to have some Russians in ArmA.

Since the new tools are out, do you guys plan to make new models for the infantry? That would be pretty cool.

Quote[/b] ]Don't Russian weapons use green tracers?

I remember you asking about it, I gotta check that with the advisors and I always forget, can anyone confirm this please?

Quote[/b] ]Could you make these just inherit the tracers from BIS weapons? That way they are also compatible with the 6thsense.eu tracers mod, which looks so much better than the BIS style ones.

That's more complicated since we use custom ammo, I'll see what I can do but no promises here.

Quote[/b] ]

Also about the cobra optics: Could they be made to work like the aimpoint on the SLX weapons? I don't know much about weapons, but I assume the reticule works in a similar way to the aimpoint. 6thsense.eu weapon pack also does the same thing on their aimpoints. It makes the dot appear further away, and not just a texture inside the barrel. More like the real one. Don't know how else to explain it, have a look for yourself if you haven't already.

I know what you mean about the cobra, but I think the reticle in this case is static unlike the aimpoint but I'll check it again with the advisors.

Quote[/b] ]Since the new tools are out, do you guys plan to make new models for the infantry? That would be pretty cool.

That's something that we have planned but we still don't know if it's for Vr2 because if it is than it would delay the release a long time so... we have it planned and we are deciding when, now or in Vr3?

ty Maddmatt wink_o.gif

On a video of the KORD mg the tracers looked red / orange but may be different on smaller stuff in Russia.

That's more complicated since we use custom ammo, I'll see what I can do but no promises here.

I have NonWonderDogs Reallistic Ballistic using 6thsense tracers. I remember you using NonWonderDogs work for your weapons, why is it complicated?

Quote[/b] ]Could you make these just inherit the tracers from BIS weapons?
Quote[/b] ]I have NonWonderDogs Reallistic Ballistic using 6thsense tracers. I remember you using NonWonderDogs work for your weapons, why is it complicated?

Unlike NonWonderDog I am not using BIS ammo and I didn't check 6th tracers carefully but I'm supposing it's ment to work with BIS ammo? So it should be easy to implement to people using BIS ammo which is not my case.

Nevertheless, the most important thing, I like my tracers, changing color is one thing adding a new model for the tracers is another biggrin_o.gif I've been using this tracers since my Racs and I'm happy with them wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Could you make these just inherit the tracers from BIS weapons? That way they are also compatible with the 6thsense.eu tracers mod, which looks so much better than the BIS style ones.

It's not that hard. I could even do it for you if you needed it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Since the new tools are out, do you guys plan to make new models for the infantry? That would be pretty cool.

That's something that we have planned but we still don't know if it's for Vr2 because if it is than it would delay the release a long time so... we have it planned and we are deciding when, now or in Vr3?

I understand, I know it's a lot of work. Maybe save it for Vr3 so we don't have to wait so long to get the weapons tounge2.gif

As for the tracers, well I'm not sure myself. I always thought they used green tracers. I had a look on Youtube and found this. It shows russian heavy machine guns firing red tracers. Maybe lighter weapons use a different colour? I don't know. Still, I think the SIX tracers look much better than the standard ArmA ones which look like weird lines.

Thanks for the reply.

Tracers:

Many people asked us to implement 6th tracers and than many actually like the ones we use... .

Personally I like our tracers... But I can implement 6th tracers it's just a question of studying how they did it, than ask for permission and than test them to see if there is any difference in FPS.

There is a second option, tpM will release a new version of our RHS_Mags on the day of the release, Tracers and Sounds are inside the same (5 mbytes) file so.. I'll ask him to implement those tracers in his version and at least you guys have an option, but I gotta talk to Steve and sickboy first to see their opinion.

Also, yes I confirm Russian tracers are green, some people have pmed me about it, so ours will be green to.

Soldier Models:

This is something we are talking about now, wait and make new models which will take a long time or release Vr2 and save the GRU for Vr3 ?

A request to all of you:

Bionic is starting the SV-98 at this moment and he needs pictures of the weapon, all sorts of pictures are welcome.

So can you guys please spam our thread with pictures or links of the SV-98 so Bionic can surprise us again with his amazing work?

ty people wink_o.gif

Tracers:

Many people asked us to implement 6th tracers and than many actually like the ones we use... .

Personally I like our tracers... But I can implement 6th tracers it's just a question of studying how they did it, than ask for permission and than test them to see if there is any difference in FPS.

There is a second option, tpM will release a new version of our RHS_Mags on the day of the release, Tracers and Sounds are inside the same (5 mbytes) file so.. I'll ask him to implement those tracers in his version and at least you guys have an option, but I gotta talk to Steve and sickboy first to see their opinion.

You only need to change the RHS Ammo to normal BIS Ammo, 6th Sense Tracers are dependant on these.

Personally, I'd say wait to make the new models. I am biased since I'd like to see Vr2 sooner rather then later. But from the pictures I've seen so far they look fantastic. Plus, that gives us something else to look forward to in Vr3.

For one thing, if you wait until Vr3 you can learn all the ins and outs of the tools with out trying to make up time to get Vr2 done. Second, you've worked this long and hard on Vr2 I don't think any of use will complain that you didn't create new models.

Regardless, it's not up to me and whatever you decide I'll be grateful that you guys spend your personal making this game a better experience fir us. Just my thoughts on the matter

Quote[/b] ]You only need to change the RHS Ammo to normal BIS Ammo, 6th Sense Tracers are dependant on these.

Yes I know that's exactly what I don't wanna do, I like to have my own ammo biggrin_o.gif

Also I don't want our work to depend on other people's work, I don't wanna release a 400 mbytes modification and than wright

"You need to download this to play with our work".

Maybe implementing them directly in our config, but i don't know if sickboy allows that and also I don't know if everybody on the team agrees on changing the tracers so... .

The best option is probably to release a second version of the 5 mbytes file, and join 6th tracers file with our pbo files, but than I don't know if missions will work from one version to the other because they would have different ammo... . confused_o.gif

It's not that easy trust me, the problem is not implementing them, the problem is what I will loose because of the tracers, I promise I will study the situation.

Quote[/b] ]Some close ups of the stock, barrel and scope on this site wink_o.gif

http://club.guns.ru/eng/sv-98.html

Thanks mate that's a start wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I'd say wait to make the new models. I am biased since I'd like to see Vr2 sooner rather then later. But from the pictures I've seen so far they look fantastic. Plus, that gives us something else to look forward to in Vr3.

For one thing, if you wait until Vr3 you can learn all the ins and outs of the tools with out trying to make up time to get Vr2 done. Second, you've worked this long and hard on Vr2 I don't think any of use will complain that you didn't create new models.

Regardless, it's not up to me and whatever you decide I'll be grateful that you guys spend your personal making this game a better experience fir us. Just my thoughts on the matter

That's my opinion too, let's wait for more wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You only need to change the RHS Ammo to normal BIS Ammo, 6th Sense Tracers are dependant on these.

Yes I know that's exactly what I don't wanna do, I like to have my own ammo biggrin_o.gif

Also I don't want our work to depend on other people's work, I don't wanna release a 400 mbytes modification and than wright

"You need to download this to play with our work".

Maybe implementing them directly in our config, but i don't know if sickboy allows that and also I don't know if everybody on the team agrees on changing the tracers so... .

The best option is probably to release a second version of the 5 mbytes file, and join 6th tracers file with our pbo files, but than I don't know if missions will work from one version to the other because they would have different ammo... . confused_o.gif

It's not that easy trust me, the problem is not implementing them, the problem is what I will loose because of the tracers, I promise I will study the situation.

You do not need to use the BIS ammo. All you need to do is make sure you inherit from whatever BIS ammo that your weapons should have the same tracers as, and remove the "tracercolour..." lines from your config. All other properties of your ammo will stay the same. People who don't use the 6thsense.eu mod will see standard BIS tracers, and people running the mod will see the 6thsense tracers. It wont make your addon depend on the mod.

You could release 2 different configs if people really want your custom tracers though.

Ok i'll check it I promise wink_o.gif

Now some SV-98 pictures would be nice please smile_o.gif

Thanks for the pictures thats a good start if you find some more you can also write me a PM to keep this thread clear. The more Details i can see the better the model will be so every picture is welcome (big Breasts preferred) biggrin_o.gif

greets

Hi all,

If you want,

I've one model of Sv-98 from one good friend

it looks a good model smile_o.gif

untitled1zb4.jpg

SD version i think

//EDIT : from RHS we will use bionic model smile_o.gif

maybe this is not the right thread , but how can you distinguish Oxygen light and Oxygen 2 weapons?