Sign in to follow this  
an_enlarged_stomach

Did anyone notice

Welcome to the internet. Would you like to buy a clue?

The AH-1 in ArmA is the AH-1Z. The AH-1Z has 4 rotor blades. Thanks for wasting our time being ignorant.

Welcome to the internet. Would you like to buy a clue?

The AH-1 in ArmA is the AH-1Z. The AH-1Z has 4 rotor blades. Thanks for wasting our time being ignorant.

Very rude >:l

banghead.gif

when i run out of ammo i throw answers like that to the enemy ... crazy_o.gif

Did anyone notice that theres smoke coming from the Air Filter on the HMMWV's? lol... Sad part is that there is a muffler modeled on the bottom, An its was like that in OFP too. Or am I wrong?

Did anyone notice the M4A1+M203 only fires in single/burst mode? nener.gif

...that the US officer is in a marine outfit? yay.gif

...that the US officer is in a marine outfit? yay.gif

That can be extended to basically every US soldier in the game, excepting the one without headgear (the captive). He's the only one wearing pure US Army gear. whistle.gif

well, i though they all were marines, aftherall, the us army don't use harriers, neither does the usaf, just the marines, isn't it the same for the cobras? thought the army just used the apaches now....

Actually guys, this is me being serious for a minute - I was mucking around just then and noticed the SAW (Minimi) takes 30 round magazines as well - how cool is that! whistle.gif

Before I get heckled, I know the real SAW takes 30 round magazines - I was actually qualified on the real one once... wink_o.gif

yeah, that is nice, isn't it?    that way, even if you're out of belts (ammo boxes) for the saw,   you can still get mags from other soldiers, and continue your fighting,   though, you'll need to change mags a bit more ofthen then tounge2.gif

as to the acu,   ohhh, didn't know that,    but that seems like a minor error,  afther all,   having one error to the us side in the equiptment department is better than having mulitple?

i'd say, go for the marines.  

btw, how do the marines sf dress?

edit :

altough, i guess the stryker is missplaced too then.... since the marines uses the AAV-7A1 (formerly known as LVT-7).

edit2 :

but didn't they say, in the campaign, that the strykers was left there by anothr bunch of troops?

that would meen that there had been some usarmy presence in sharani, but that they are withdrawn, and just the marines are left, and that could also explain the acu, if they could use their strykers, why not, when wasing their own gear, use the left behind acu's?

Actually guys, this is me being serious for a minute - I was mucking around just then and noticed the SAW (Minimi) takes 30 round magazines as well - how cool is that! whistle.gif

Before I get heckled, I know the real SAW takes 30 round magazines - I was actually qualified on the real one once... wink_o.gif

US Army SAWs don't, but that's besides the point (they have the magazine feed removed).  wink_o.gif

EDIT - Marine Force Recon units usually wear what normal Marines wear - MARPAT (either desert or woodland, depending on terrain). They get some leeway, of course, but usually SF troops wear basically what regulars wear.

instead of tripple editing the last post :

maybe we're an Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) (wikipedia link) that's been working with the sharani goverment?  icon_rolleyes.gif

edit,   have we just hijacked this tread? pistols.gif

No, it's just a bad mix of units...

If you want some correct stuff, please pay 1500USD smile_o.gif

EDIT:

edit, have we just hijacked this tread? pistols.gif

Nope, we are just whining.

This could be placed/merged with this thread perhaps?

instead of tripple editing the lsat post :

maybe we're an Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) (wikipedia link) that's been working with the sharani goverment?  icon_rolleyes.gif

edit,   have we just hijacked this tread? pistols.gif

Somewhat. And the US troops aren't a MEU, they're an Army Stryker Brigade, as can be seen by the lack of air support (and Marine vehicles) until the Marines themselves arrive.

actualy, it seems thay are a meu,   bikilink

although, not sure who put it there

That was just a random suggestion by someone, he/she could aswell filled out information about a norwegian troop if he/she wanted.

not likely, we're not so well supported, unless you go for sf

Well, no, because like I said, the Marines only show up later (with their vehicles) in the campaign to save the Army guys. The infantry troops are an Army Stryker Brigade, hence the Army pattern uniforms.

The only vehicles used exclusively by the USMC are the AH1Z and Harrier, the others listed have been used by the Army at least once AFAIK.