Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

A question:

Will it consume less fps than now? I know that its almost impossible cause your effects eat almost nothing (about 50mb ram in beaten dog) but with my still low-end pc even 50mb is a lot xD

Well, I dont like addons, I have about 5 and few repalcements, but yours is one of them^^

It gives life to ArmA

keep doing great job

A question:

Will it consume less fps than now?...

Most effects have a much lower particle count now. FPS hit shouldn't be much different to standard ArmA. I did quite a bit of work in that area smile_o.gif

could you perhaps increase the animation speed a bit because some effects seem a bit slow.

(note: my point isnt the slowmo but the way it bursts really fast in the beginning and then slows down)

and um could you do something about being able to see bullet impacts hundreds of meters away?

could you perhaps increase the animation speed a bit because some effects seem a bit slow.

(note: my point isnt the slowmo but the way it bursts really fast in the beginning and then slows down)

and um could you do something about being able to see bullet impacts hundreds of meters away?

Nice suggestion, but this will be a fps killa.

Nice suggestion, but this will be a fps killa.

No it wont wink_o.gif

Bullet impacts have all had changes. I toned down and tweaked the ground effect a bit. It's a bit better looking now.

I'm not going to do anything major now. Just tweaking mostly and finishing it up. Later tomorrow I'll probably release it. I've got other stuff to work on, I'm sure some of you know about the ACE mod whistle.gif

New version released

Check first post for info and download link.

New in 0.7:

*Significant optimisation. Effects now shouldn't impact performance much differently to the standard effects.

*New, redone rain effect by MadDogX

*New explosion flashes. No longer a slow fireball, now a quicker fiery flash.

*Unguided rockets, AT rockets and missiles have different explosions. The missiles make the biggest flash.

*Explosive rounds impact effect changed.

*All bullet impacts changed. The amount of smoke, sparks and blood from bullet impacts is affected by how powerful the bullet is.

*Ground bullet impacts tweaked, better looking now

*New firing effects for 20-30mm cannons.

*Particles from chopper cannons are blown down and dissipated when the engine is on.

*Vehicle explosion changed a bit.

*Fixed visual glitch with the fire particle where objects would show through it.

Maddmatt I really like your work!!

I've testing some dogfight with newly added plane in SP and I see your effect ( fire and smoke tail ) on shotdown plane..

Did u plan to setup to enabling this working in MP environment ?

Did u remember my last question if u enable bot smoke from double AH6 gun smile_o.gif

WE ARE READY TO TEST AND INSTALL YOUR NEW RELASE

AS DMSMOKE I really Like and take a look at new features somethimes ... and I feel happy when I see news smile_o.gif

Thank you from me and from my Lanparty friends

Thanks! Downloading now..

EDIT: DAMN man! You outdid yourself! This looks A LOT better than the other versions! I am especially liking the new flash for the explosions, very nice. Looks especially great when tearing up the ground with an A10 or an attack heli  biggrin_o.gif

Nevermind. Mouse bat was dying. DL works just fine.

Can't wait to see the changes. Thanks Matt.

love the mod madmatt, just one thing...

might want to change the signature?

Quote[/b] ]ArmA Effects mod - Version 0.6 released 21/03/2008

Improves just about all effects in ArmA including explosions, weapon firing effects and rain.

other than that, an exelent mod, thank you for your effort to make it for us notworthy.gif

thanks , i keep Maddmatt's effect as a must have in my Arma directory smile_o.gif

I've testing some dogfight with newly added plane in SP and I see your effect ( fire and smoke tail ) on shotdown plane..

Did u plan to setup to enabling this working in MP environment ?

I haven't made any changes to it so that effect still wont work properly in MP. It should be the only effect with that problem.

Did u remember my last question if u enable bot smoke from double AH6 gun smile_o.gif

I haven't done that yet. I still plan to though.

love the mod madmatt, just one thing...

might want to change the signature?

Haha thanks. I changed the date but forgot about the version number. Fixed it after I saw your post tounge2.gif

Those who didn't like the rain in the last version, check out this one because you might like it now. MadDogX did a good job improving it (he basically re-did most of it). It looks much better now smile_o.gif

And thanks for the comments. Glad you guys like it.

I fucking dont know how you did that... With your effects I got more fps than with BIS ones Lol... infuckincredible! O_O

Thanks a lot maddmatt.

Just a question. I love your mod but the only effect I hate is that white fog when firing with rifles.

Is there a way to disable it in the .pbo?

Could you please tell me where and i'll do it by myself.

Thanks

Just a question. I love your mod but the only effect I hate is that white fog when firing with rifles.

Is there a way to disable it in the .pbo?

Could you please tell me where and i'll do it by myself.

Thanks

The weapon firing smoke? Yea I realise I overdid it, although personally I don't find it too bad.

'Bullet.sqf'(rifles, MGs and so on) and 'BulletS.sqf' (SMGs, silenced weapons, pistols...) control the smoke as well as the dust that gets kicked up over the ground.

Modifying it yourself will break the signatures, so signed servers will block it.

I'll tone that smoke down a bit in future versions. I saw some real videos recently that gave me a better idea of what it should be like.

I'll tone that smoke down a bit in future versions. I saw some real videos recently that gave me a better idea of what it should be like.

Yeah i had been meaning to make a post about that. The smoke should be less of a puff coming out of the barrel and more of a thinner bit of smoke dispersed 180 degrees outwards towards the direction of the muzzle.

Also, the way it currently is is it slowly grows into a large puff, the way it should be is it all appears instantly and then drifts away and dissipates.

In short, it should appear instantly and should not be in a circular "puff" shape. If the ArmA engine allows that without major modification...

Also, when firing weapons while prone, the dust kicked up should be more like you are shaking the ground really hard rather than blowing wind over it.

Hope this helps biggrin_o.gif

WOAH! What an improvement in .70!!!

BTW i found this effect while i was practicing my dumb bomb and FFAR skills.

If you shoot the FFAR or a bomb into shallow water it creates a giant water spurt biggrin_o.gif It is so cool, it looks like it also has the sonic boom flash there too! Could you try doing that in random bomb drops or all bomb drops that would be cool!

(Kinda looked like those giant sea mine explosions in the Navy)

Would be awesome mate!

pistols.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Also what are the Helicopter cannon effects??? Is it the AH-1Z Cannon that you changed??? Anyway i like it, any way you could make the smoke blow when you fly through it with a helicopter and jet like in real life because of the vortex??? Also would be good that if your in helicopter the smoke from the FFAR gets blown donwards not directly behind it thumbs-up.gif Good Job MadMatt