Sign in to follow this  
gmJamez

SightAdjustment (windage+elevation)

So wind do affect bullets in Arma?huh.gifyay.gif

Is it really true?

How'd you make the card? In-game or just record numbers and make it with a program?

I recorded the mils and holdover data out of arma. did all the calculations on paper and made up the card in photoshop. I.m sure it could be added in game. but it's best to just print it out and have it at your side.

That is what I thought you did. Are you going to release your M24 card too? If not I'd like to PM you to see what you got smile_o.gif

Has everyone seen the new XAM 1.3 mod? It adds snipers in ghilley suits and spoters + laser range finders and the ability for snipers to call in air strikes and artillery barrages. This takes sniping to a whole new level, the first person to make the sight adjustment addon work in xam is my new hero inlove.gif

Can anyone confirm that wind affects bullets in Arma, or is it all wishful thinking?

Can anyone confirm that wind affects bullets in Arma, or is it all wishful thinking?

Don't know, try it smile_o.gif

Plop a sniper down somewhere, give him several targets around the compass points at say 400m or so, set the weather to poor, preview the mission & get the wind direction & strength using above script, & see what happens when you try to hit the targets.

I'll prolly try it later myself.

Can anybody post installation instructions in layman's terms tounge2.gif?

I've downloaded the .pbo file in the OP, and place it in my AddOns folder - what am I missing?

Thanks.

Is it possible at all to save your rifles settings in a config somewhere so they load when the game loads, so If i spend time zeroing rifles to a range I prefer, I dont loose those settings when I shut the game down.

Don't know, try it smile_o.gif

Plop a sniper down somewhere, give him several targets around the compass points at say 400m or so, set the weather to poor, preview the mission & get the wind direction & strength using above script, & see what happens when you try to hit the targets.

I'll prolly try it later myself.

Be sure to be on completely flat ground when you do that.

Is it possible at all to save your rifles settings in a config somewhere so they load when the game loads, so If i spend time zeroing rifles to a range I prefer, I dont loose those settings when I shut the game down.

The next version will include a range card that'll show you the proper adjustments for certain ranges.

However I won't add the necessary code to load these settings automatically. As I've said before - I'll provide the tools to set up good shots but it needs to be a challenge still. That challenge will be, that you'll at least need to look up the values on your range card and dial them in manually.

Regarding the incompatibility with XAM - I'm already looking into that. Seems odd that it doesn't work though...

I've downloaded the .pbo file in the OP, and place it in my AddOns folder - what am I missing?

Thanks.

Any help?

Thanks.

Any help?

Hi

U need to change the name of the pbo file from GMJ_SightAdjustment_03b.pbo to GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo and put it into your addons folder in ArmA or make your own mod folder.

Quote[/b] ]Regarding the incompatibility with XAM - I'm already looking into that. Seems odd that it doesn't work though...

Thanks gmJamez......it's driving me nuts having to choose between the two. banghead.gif

I downloaded the latest version, changed the name, but when I play it says the 'click' sound is missing. I went into the cfg and this is what I found under sounds

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {};

class GMJ_SightAdjustmentClick

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"\GMJ_SightAdjustment\sound\click.ogg", 1, 1};

titles[] = {};

};

};

I put click inbetween the name="" part, but it still gives me the error, what did I forget?

I downloaded the latest version, changed the name, but when I play it says the 'click' sound is missing. I went into the cfg and this is what I found under sounds

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {};

class GMJ_SightAdjustmentClick

{

name = "";

sound[] = {"\GMJ_SightAdjustment\sound\click.ogg", 1, 1};

titles[] = {};

};

};

I put click inbetween the name="" part, but it still gives me the error, what did I forget?

Hi smile_o.gif

It's seems to be right those codes. So the problem most be in another place.. i really sure it must be some mods u are running that make that error. No one else have the sound error. Can u please, disable all your "MODS" and just copy the GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo into your ArmA/Addons/ folder and just start default ArmA.exe without other mods. ?

Cheers

private ["_v0", "_key", "_v2", "_v3", "_adj", "_val", "_handled"];

_v0 = _this select 0;

_key = _this select 1;

_v2 = _this select 2;

_v3 = _this select 3;

//_adj = (1 / 1600) / 10;

_adj = 0.1;

//player sideChat (format ["%1, %2, %3, %4", _v0, _key, _v2, _v3]);

_handled = false;

if(SightAdjustmentIsOpticsMode) then {

switch(_key) do {

// W: huh.gif, S: huh.gif, A: huh.gif, D: huh.gif

case huh.gif: {

SightAdjustmentElevation = SightAdjustmentElevation + _adj;

_handled = true;

};

SightAdjustmentElevation = SightAdjustmentElevation - _adj;

_handled = true;

};

SightAdjustmentWindage = SightAdjustmentWindage + _adj;

_handled = true;

};

SightAdjustmentWindage = SightAdjustmentWindage - _adj;

_handled = true;

};

default {

};

};

if(_handled) then {

playSound "SightAdjustmentClick";

hint format ["%1/%2", [sightAdjustmentElevation] call SightAdjustmentGetText, [sightAdjustmentWindage] call SightAdjustmentGetText];

};

};

_handled

Not work for left hand!!!!! banghead.gif  banghead.gif  what numbers for czech keyboard ?

... code removed ...

Not work for left hand!!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gif what numbers for czech keyboard ?

First of all - you're using an outdated version of this mod.

Secondly - it seems you're trying to switch to a WASD layout. If so, get the latest version and change the key-configuration within "SightAdjustmentConfig.h". If the provided keycodes don't work, just uncomment the line...

//player sideChat (format ["%1, %2, %3, %4", _v0, _key, _v2, _v3]);

... within "SightAdjustmentOnKeyDown.sqf", build the pbo, run the game and you'll see a message for every key pressed, including the number assigned to it (second parameter). Once you got your keycodes, you can comment the line above once again and change the lines within "SightAdjustmentConfig.h" according to the keycodes you got using your keyboard.

Preview of the range card:

rangecard.jpg

The data is loaded dynamically, ie. it's loaded from files outside of the pbo, so the data can be edited easily (all you need is notepad) and will be reloaded even without restarting the game.

The data is loaded dynamically, ie. it's loaded from files outside of the pbo, so the data can be edited easily (all you need is notepad) and will be reloaded even without restarting the game.

Woowww gmJamez tounge2.gif Can't wait to your next release, hehe

This sounds great..good work mate.

Cheers

I've added the version 0.4beta to the first post - now featuring an ingame range card biggrin_o.gif

Two sample range cards (M24, M4SPR) are included, however keep in mind that the setup will vary depending on the kind of mods you've loaded.

An explanation on how to create your own range card can be found within the first post as well (no modding skills required - all you need is notepad).

Also, since 0.3beta seems to work well, it's linked as latest stable version.

Enjoy!

PS: Unfortunately I've had no luck with the XAM incompatibility yet - it seems the init function just isn't being called confused_o.gif

Amazing! THanks gmjamez. Range card looks awesome. can't wait to get back to my PC...

GREAT! now we need to creat some range card for basic bis loadout, and a mission that teach ppl how to hunt!(i wish i could have more time to do these stuff) sad_o.gif

Great addon!

Now only if we could have realistic meter adjustment for iron sight rifles. (100, 200 ... 600m)

This meter adjustment would be best to do for NonWonderDog's realistic ballistics mod. Not for default ArmA.