Sign in to follow this  
KorpeN

What after patch 1.08?

What I find a little too easy/unrealistic is taking to the air with an attack helicopter, finding and locking on 8 enemy tanks from far away, and cleaning those up before actually moving in for an attack run.  How did it differentiate foe from friendly/civilian vehicles/metallic structures?  The heli should require recon to verify target or come in closer to actually see what it's firing a missile at.

What attack run do you have in mind? Attack helicopters don't make any "attack-runs" on armor, they use pop-up tactics from as far as possible. That's why they have advanced optics (or radar in some cases) so they can identify and attack tanks from safe distance (depending on the terrain, weather conditions, etc.).

And you don't need a positive ID in every case; you get information on whereabouts of friendly forces so in certain situations you know whether there should be enemies in front of you or friendlies. It all depends on the situation, ROE, etc.

I thought this over again.

BIS needs to release some more missions

I dunno..

Dont we already have the 'latest' patch 1.08?   confused_o.gif

I would doubt they would release a newer 1.08 with an expansion. Doesnt make any sense.

It looks to me (hope it is anyway) that the Queens Gambit will sit separately from the main game - It being just a few campaigns and multiplayer missions.

Engine patches will hopefully be released to everyone - whether you have the expansion or not.

Can anyone really expect us to pay for an expansion to fix engine issues that were present in 1.0? crazy_o.gif

#C

I read on a german site an interview with Marek Spanel where he clearly stated that the expansion won't have to do anything with patches.

This means the patches will be released seperate from the expansion pack.

But he also stated that the latest patch (1.08) will be included in the expansion. So anybody who didn't download the latest patch will have updated ArmA to 1.08 automatically when buying the expansion.

And I doubt we will see any patches before the expansion. Maybe, maybe a beta patch with the worst bugs ironed out...

Why release it with 1.08, all the 8800 users that buy it (alot not knowing the maxmem) will crash and get pissed off, and insane to release it without having that problem fixed...

My 8800 isn't having any problems but the hummer and stryker M2 not reloading past their current magazine and the inability to manually reload said magazine instead of firing it dry are still a pain in the ass.

offtopic: I have 8800gts and i dont have any problem.i am very satisfied from this card. notworthy.gif

Why release it with 1.08, all the 8800 users that buy it (alot not knowing the maxmem) will crash and get pissed off, and insane to release it without having that problem fixed...

That one of the main issues IMO.

How many players that dont visit this forums, just stop playing ArmA cause of this.

errorna2.jpg

IMHO what BIS does now will have a large impact on the future of thier games.

1.08 patch brought Arma into a very good state.

but now lies the task to tweak it into a great state. these are game engine things.

things like built-in suppression and AI reaction to it (yes i know about seconds script) and more 'believable' AI ability.

tweak airplane flight model.

AI using buildings as cover in CQB plus different tactics when in CQB

AI tactics for helicopters.

AGENT AI. PLEASE!

more performance streamlining (i often get 18-21 FPS pretty much independent of resolution and the only effect in raising settings is more dips into low FPS).