Sign in to follow this  
deady

Other players booting my AIs out of gunner seats

I'm not sure if it is intended behaviour or not, but if i drive something like a humvee and have an AI as gunner, if I pickup a human player, they can select "to gunner seat" and take over the gunner role, forcing my AI to the back seat.  I believe they can also hijack vehicles in this way too, if one of my AI are driving, by selecting "to driver's seat".

This is rather annoying, since an AI gunner is *way* better than most random players you'd find on a public server.  A vehicle can be transformed from a valuable asset on the battlefield to a useless heap of metal in seconds just by another player stealing the gunner seat from my AI.

The whole situation makes me rather unmotivated to pick fellow players up, because they'll just jump into the gunner seat and be stupid.  Sure, if the gunner seat is empty, feel free to jump into it, but if I have an AI in there, you shouldn't be able to replace him without the driver's permission.

Yes its very anyyoing as the gunners on the blackhawks the AI is much more better than a player and when you have 2 AI on as gunner and with a team full of players in the back they choose go to gunner and your like WTF my BH my AI gun and they dont give a fk. banghead.gif

Yes its very anyyoing as the gunners on the blackhawks the AI is much more better than a player and when you have 2 AI on as gunner and with a team full of players in the back they choose go to gunner and your like WTF my BH my AI gun and they dont give a fk. banghead.gif

The simple solution then is to never play w/humans.

Waa waa non-uber humans ruin the game....

That's not a solution, that's a work around confused_o.gif

Well when you push out an AI to sit in a blackhawk gun for example, yes you reduce the quality of the game because the blackhawk will now not provide any kind of support to troops on the ground, unless you call firing randomly into the air or at friendlies useful.

Were not against people having human gunners, we just would like a choice as driver/pilot.

I wouldn't mind a player filling a place in my vehicle, but mostly they're like enthusiastic monkeys that joy-shoot the miniguns empty before the chopper even gets to the hot zone, or commandeer the driver seat of my perfectly parked tank and start driving like retards to god knows where.

One thing I've noticed in virtually all players that man a gunner seat: they just HAVE to fire that burst out of honest joy that they actually get to ride in a vehicle and blast enemies and all that kind of cool stuff. They just have to. help.gif

Maybe you shouldn't troll so much. I agree with the OP. I don't want my character's life threatened because an inadequate (75% + on public servers) player stole the ai's spot. One thing that would make it easier is being able to see easier who is in what spot in the vehicles.

As a work around, maybe scripting in individual missions could work, but it would be time consuming. For now, I kick/ban any players that do that or ones that waste vehicles unnecessarily. But that's a whole other discussion.

yes having a human "gunner" who only knows how to empty the gun b4 getting to target area is very very annoying

join a clan and roll with them

Thanks for the tip man, I wonder why I never thought of something as simple as that!

The only person that should be able to kick an AI out of it's spot is it's leader.

It is a sad fact that many people online play like complete retards. It only takes one idiot to ruin a good game.

Worst part is they will happily shoot the ground for no reason, but they will often not engage enemies properly.

I mostly play with people I know, but I have had this problem when I've played on random public servers.

When you have (or are) a human gunner on voice comms, then things are much better smile_o.gif

I'd go so far as to say that anyone in the same squad as the AI should be able to bump it.

I agree that it is supremely annoying, though. Last night I played Evo and had repaired a small convoy of vehicles, which I was using to gaurd the FARP at the front. Any enemy that came close was toasted, and the area was as secure as any landing site in a combat zone could get.

Within 5 minutes, _all_ of my vehicles got jacked by players bumping the AI. All of them were dead within the same timespan.

Very annoying.

It is a sad fact that many people online play like complete retards. It only takes one idiot to ruin a good game.

"Hey man it's supposed to be a game and fun. You should relax and not take it so seriously."

^^ I didn't mean that but that's usually the answer I get when TK'd/ vehicle stolen/ ammo wasted/ position given away/etc

Well I play Multi Player to Play with Humans, not AIs. (yes I know AIs are in Coop)

If I want to play with AIs I play single player.

Whats the Point of Multi play if the Humans cant play where they want? when they want and in which capacity they want?

And who cares if a player buggers up a mission? they are only Human!(I do not mean Hacking a game etc).

tounge2.gif

Well I play Multi Player to Play with Humans, not AIs. (yes I know AIs are in Coop)

Whats the Point of Multi play if the Humans cant play where they want? when they want and in which capacity they want?

And who cares if a player buggers up a mission? they are only Human!(I do not mean Hacking a game etc).

tounge2.gif

Because when they act like idiots and ruin the game, it defeats the point in playing with humans.

Because when they act like idiots and ruin the game, it defeats the point in playing with humans.

True, but unfortunately there will always be people who are unwilling or incapable to play as a team. The only truly effective way to avoid playing with 'tards are private servers.

solution for editors:

Check if unit in vehicle is AI or human player and lock the vehicle when player jumps into vehicle. Unlock it when the player leaves the vehicle again.

Probably worth a try would be to add a BT suggestion that you can manually lock a vehicle via action menu when you are in, while I do already see the complaint thread that players decide to go Rambo alone in their vehicles and ruin the mission for others while doing that.

Easy: Because it only takes one stupid human to ruin the game for several other humans. At the very least, this one human is causing another human (you) problems.

We're not saying that all gunner positions _have_ to be filled by AI. We're just saying that we would like the ability to make sure that humans don't bump our AI out whenever we've got them in a position for a reason.

Besides, if they really, really want to gun...they're free to go to the same trouble you did to secure a vehicle of their own to do it in.

i agree too about it.

i was flyin a cobra solo with manual fire turned on, had made like 3 or 4 sorties killing alot of tanks and bmp type vehicles using the hellfires & never got touched.

i come in to rearm, and while im rearming, joe blow comes up and gets in gunner. i didnt really want him to get in but i didnt say anything.

so we took off and headed back and of course, hes firing ffars and even shot 2 hellfires off with no target. still i said nothing.

so we get to where the action is and i target him a brdm. 2 or 3 seconds go by and he is doing nothing. meanwhile i start taking small arms fire so i get out of there and he ejects. dying immediatly and then bitches me out for it. and leaves the game.

well, i equate that whole problem to the idiot not firing at that brdm.

so,I think that manual fire should overide the gunner so that he is just a passenger. that way if a pilot sees an imbicile in his gunner seat, he can just take away control.

+1 for manual fire overriding the gunner. If nothing else, it'd keep the useless monkeys from burning all the ammo in a UH-60.

tounge2.gif

I have played a few games now, and yes it happens.

But please dont come crying to the Devs to change the game.

The Devs already thought of a fix, its very simple, you want no fools on ya server then Lock it and pass out passwords.

wasting their time with changes that are not required by most of the player base is not something I want to hear about.

I have played a few games now, and yes it happens.

But please dont come crying to the Devs to change the game.

The Devs already thought of a fix, its very simple, you want no fools on ya server then Lock it and pass out passwords.

wasting their time with changes that are not required by most of the player base is not something I want to hear about.

So not being able to kick someone else's AI out of a seat is going to ruin the game for you? Having this minor change is going to help some of use enjoy the game more, so I don't see why it should be ignored.

I also like King-Six's idea with manual fire in choppers. Since it's the pilot that has to aim FFARs and Hellfires, it makes no sense that he has to rely on someone else to fire it. Of course the cannon I understand, since the gunner needs to aim it.