Sign in to follow this  
Grodin

Trees & Bushes >:(

I got the same problem with my x1950 though. I'd put it down to the bad coding in the game. Arma was clearly not ready for release and is still in that boat with the massive dish of bugs and glitches; it's clearly a BETA product - which I might add is a real shame since it has so much potential. Todays hardware struggles with the issues you have or the game crashes with memory surface errors.

Fingers crossed for the next patch of fixes and new bugs smile_o.gif

Hehe yeah indeed.

However im not saying its a bad game, its best in its class, just needs _a bit_ more love from the devs.

Everything else is fine, i have no other issues with it, no crashing, great FPS, havent ran to any serious bugs either after the patches.

Its just the damn trees!

I know it may seem very minor problem, but it really makes it unplayable for me, it could just as well CTD every time i see a tree instead of taking my fps down by 75%!

What resolution you play ArmA with?.

I have 7900GS and with 1280x1024 i have probs with vegetation within small distance even if all settings are on Low.

But with 1024x768 I can play smoothly with some settings on high or even very high.

So I would say any other resoulution then 1024x768 will kill your PC.

I have found balance. I've set Image Settings in drivers to High Quality or Quality and ingame AA, AF and Textures are on high with 1024x768 reslolution. Though I have 17' LCD this reso is not nice but you have to give up on something to gain something.

edit: typo

Is there just no way to replace the damn bushes and trees with something else? Would be just perfect if someone knew how to make sahrani use ofp:res trees and bushes instead. Everything would be so much better!

And please stop telling me about shading level, thats not a damn option.I shouldnt have to live with worse ground textures than doom 1 has just because i want to remove these bushes and trees!

Having the shading level normal or low doesnt make a damn difference, it must be at very low make it playable. If fps goes from 75 to anything under 50 just because the bush is too complicated for todays computers is completely unacceptable, and really hurts the experience!

easy fix, just make post nuclear blast sahrani, where all the leaves and grass are dead tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]But with 1024x768 I can play smoothly with some settings on high or even very high.

I would lvoe to try this resolution, but whenerver i do, everything goes blocky like its in a Very low resolution mad_o.gif

what i would love to see is tools which allows us to completely see and rewrite/change all tree/bushes/vegetation shaders / code etc.

that way optimized / nicer stuff may be done similar what community done with Oblivion/STALKER

What resolution you play ArmA with?.

I have 7900GS and with 1280x1024 i have probs with vegetation within small distance even if all settings are on Low.

But with 1024x768 I can play smoothly with some settings on high or even very high.

So I would say any other resoulution then 1024x768 will kill your PC.

I have found balance. I've set Image Settings in drivers to High Quality or Quality and ingame AA, AF and Textures are on high with 1024x768 reslolution. Though I have 17' LCD this reso is not nice but you have to give up on something to gain something.

edit: typo

1440x900x32

No, it doesnt kill my pc. Resolution has no effect how the game runs in my case.

Lowering it down to 1024 something would make it look absolutely horrible anyway with my screen tounge2.gif

Only problem is the shaders, can run everything else with max settings as long as the bushtree shaders dont come and ruin everything :<

you might wanna try this

@PROPER_VegetationReplacement

Quote[/b] ]This addon replaces all ArmA vegetation (trees and bushes) with the one from

CWC and Resistance.

Some people prefere more FPS or do have problems with ArmA vegetation

in general.

Why not just half the total number of tree's and bush's on the island as a whole? for the time being until the tools are released, I mean there's more than enough vegetation on the island to get away with this.

Surely this would give everyone a good performance boost.

Edit; Dwarden if some one where to do a good replacement pack that boosted performance and still looked good once the tools where released, would BI be willing to replace there's with the other person's work in a roll out patch across the board?

what i findt ferry desturping = enmmy soots tru trees whit m16. enmy see u tru busses. grass is in ur line of site