Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

@Kroky:

Thanks for the extensive tests mate, good to have some new anchors to research :-)

@Matt:

I finished creating alternate versions of Pack1 and AI-M to utilize the getVariable method.

1 slight let down: they are case sensitive so people must take care of keeping proper case etc.

I wanted to make multiple objects because:

[*] I don't wanna walk against some magic wall again with reaching some limit

[*] One could delete all variables of a certain component and either leave removed or reconfigure while not leaving any trace. A simple deleteVehicle would do the trick, where as when you have 1 SIX_Logic, you do not have this possibility or you would need to rebuild the complete logic to get to a same effect

[*] It groups the scripts/functions of a module together, same named functions or scripts that do other things in different modules do not overwrite eachother, and as such unique names are not nececairy as you specify from which module you would take the function. E.g. SIX_Tracer_F getVariable "fCreate" and SIX_Aim_F getVariable "fCreate" etc. etc.

I hope we can make a quick decision on this point, as the release is just a click away :-) The faster I know if I should keep to multi-objects, the better wink_o.gif

I hope we can make a quick decision on this point, as the release is just a click away :-) The faster I know if I should keep to multi-objects, the better wink_o.gif

I don't think it would make any difference to have 1 or several game logics. If you have a use for more than one, then go ahead. Considering what else would be going on in a normal mission, a few game logics shouldn't make much difference.

Maybe a mission editor could check what mods are enabled by checking for the existence of their game logics.

DeleteVehicle on the game logics could be used as a way for mission editors to disable certain mods if they want. It would still leave behind the eventhandlers though.

Quote[/b] ]# I don't wanna walk against some magic wall again with reaching some limit

Lets hope that doesn't happen tounge2.gif

your doing faster new versions than I can play biggrin_o.gif

I would not go to far with reducing global vars, BIS is working on it and 240 is a lot number when you avoid "wasting"

if other addons or missions pushing 230 global vars into the engine, it is their problem

QuietMan

6thSense.eu "Pack1" v0.1RC8

RC8 Changes

SIX_Misc

[*] Switched to using objects for storing variables, functions and scripts as opposed to using arrays. (String names keep code easier readable than numbers and even less Global Variables are used)

[*] Switched to using only 1 source for scripts and functions instead of 2

SIX_CRDS

[*] Switched to using objects for storing variables, functions and scripts as opposed to using arrays. (String names keep code easier readable than numbers and even less Global Variables are used)

[*] Moved a few Global Variables into Arrays.

SIX_Tracers

If all gathered are as pleased as I am, then im going to rename this one v0.1 Final ;-)

@Matt:

In future versions I will probably move more into the Objects.. I guess for now, there's many saved already :-)

@Quiet-Man:

:-) Since the scripts run for every mission, I think keeping the Global Variables usage down to a minimum isn't a bad idea smile_o.gif

BIS Should resolve the issue of course, but that could take a while and I'm not a man with much patience biggrin_o.gif

goodnight.gif

So final version 1.0 is close?

Maybe you going on with working title 0.2 RC1 (for testing) ? wink_o.gif

I played online for several hours today with RC8, they worked perfectly as far as I could see. Haven't checked the SP save file to see the variable count though.

I guess you can call it V0.1 final, or even V1.0 smile_o.gif

I played online for several hours today with RC8, they worked perfectly as far as I could see. Haven't checked the SP save file to see the variable count though.

I guess you can call it V0.1 final, or even V1.0 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So final version 1.0 is close?

Maybe you going on with working title 0.2 RC1 (for testing) ? wink_o.gif

Hehehehe

v0.1 Final will make it in this week, im sure of it.

v0.2 will start with Beta. You won't see me using RC anymore until i'm kinda certain I don't have to rewrite all of the code 20 times :-)

@Matt, there are still many variables that are left in Global Variable Space. For the v0.2 and onwards I will continue to bring back the amount and use the getVariable methods on the objects.

I'm kinda proud of the current solution, I like it very much ... except for the damn method of writing:

[blablablalbalba] call (SIX_Misc_F getVariable "fNetSend");

arghhh..., but I guess it's simply getting used to lol biggrin_o.gif

I could of course write a function for it, like:

[blablablalbalba] call ("fNetSend" call SIX_F);

hmmm

@Matt, there are still many variables that are left in Global Variable Space. For the v0.2 and onwards I will continue to bring back the amount and use the getVariable methods on the objects.

Good, it seems to work well and when opening the save files I can see a difference. The more variable space saved the better smile_o.gif

@sickboy

Will you include in the next version, the new smoke effects from DM and the new blood effects from SNKMAN?

And even more interesting: Can you include the GroupLink II script in the @SIX mod please?

6thSense.eu "Pack1" v0.1RC9

Aww, yeah... Another RC :-) (Fixed small SP issue @ 23:52CET)

I guess it might not come to a shock to you if I decide to hop over to v0.2 Final as soon as this one is more worked out :-D

v0.1 RC9 Changes:

SIX_Misc

[*] Added SIX_fMisc and SIX_fMiscSet functions to read and write variables to the object

[*] Moved more variables from Global Space into Object Space

SIX_Blood

[*] Added OFPEC Blood Addon, full rewrite to SQF. Thanks to SNKMAN for letting me use his ArmA Convert.

SIX_CRDS

[*] Added SIX_fCRDS and SIX_fCRDSSet functions to read and write variables to the object

[*] Enabled check if SIX_Blood is present, if it is, it will disable the Bleeding functionality of CRDS

SIX_Tracers

[*] Added SIX_fTracers and SIX_fTracersSet functions to read and write variables to the object

If you have the Blood Addon and the Misc Addon installed, Blood will automaticly be enabled for all units.

Configuration Options for the Blood will come... For now, you can manually set all the blood settings in an init.sqf in a mission if you have to!

I am planning on improving the Blood logics aswell as the CRDS.

Especially reducing the Global Variables etc, as this Blood Addon uses quite sum :-)

ATM I decided to keep Blood and CRDS apart, so people can choose to use either, both or none of them. CRDS does not have any visually added blood effects, which might make it better suitable for kids (LOL).

@Kroky, not even an hour waiting and here's your favorite Blood Addon ^^

About the GroupLink, nope. It's SQS and I have my own rewritten SQF version.

My AI-Manager project gets priority again after my Holidays (~2 weeks), then you will see AI Expansions and updated Manager by me :-)

About DM's Smoke...

I got his permission, but he's finishing up some settings and stuff. Might be added soon!

I got RC9. The Blood is cool, but I get some errors.

When I start up any map, I get an error message.

arma2007-07-0217-37-43-12.jpg

When I shoot somebody and they bleed for the first time, I get this error

arma2007-07-0217-37-49-67.jpg

How can I fix this?

wow that was fast!!

One question you write when the blood addon is installed then CRDS bleeding is disabled.

Does it mean when the OFPEC blood addon is installed or the SIX blood addon?

And does that mean that I can only run OFPEC blood or CRDS, or does it mean I can use both?

Or the simplest way to ask: Is it possible to have the OFPEC blood effects AND the bleeding effects from CRDS simultanously?

@Zootia:

Fixed the Error, updated the RC9 Package at 0:13 CET.

SIX_Misc.pbo was updated

About the model error, please redownload the package, updated it at 23:51 CET for this error in SP.

SIX_BLood.pbo was updated

@Kroky:

Hehe, ur a funny man... You want to loose health (get dammaged) by the SIX_CRDS AND the SIX_Blood ?? smile_o.gif)

Hold ur horses matey... Only the blood dammage effects of CRDS are disabled when SIX_Blood is installed. Which means you get all the super cool effects of CRDS, and all the super cool effects of Blood, you just dont have DOUBLE dammage of bloodloss :-)

aaah that's nice!!

I noticed the SIX_Misc.hpp file included in RC9 is older than the one in RC8. Should I overwrite the .hpp file from the 01st July with the one included dated from 20th June or is it simply the wrong file included in the RC9 package?

Man, sickboy you're kinda genius....

Remindes me of @SLX for OFP (made by Solus)

It seems everything is possible for you!

Yes. I updated everything like I always do.

I deleted all addons first and then reinstalled.

Never had this problem before

Yes. I updated everything like I always do.

I deleted all addons first and then reinstalled.

Never had this problem before

Resolved at 0:13 CET, please redownload :-)

Thanks for the report

@Kroky, thank you very much for your kind words mate!

I am not done yet, but 2 weeks Holidays soon and then AI-Manager should be back on track :-)

I will also include Blood Configuration for SP and for Missions just like the Tracers, but this is planned for soon.

I tried your AI manager but, this is something usefule for a mission maker.

I would wish to have a package similar to the @SIX package that has an impact on every mission played without the need of editing it. That would be a great AI manager!

PS. I'm glad I having my vacation next week. So I can track your work as soon as I'm back from my vacation too. Otherwise I would lose track, since you're working on turbo mode smile_o.gif

If anyone has alternatives for the settings found in the SIX_Blood\s\Init.sqf: http://www.pastebin.ca/600525

Please let me know :-)

@Kroky:

Hehehe thumbs-up.gif

When I work on my AI-Manager, I will think about what I can do to keep the AI Enhancements as a module, so I can hook them either in AI Created by the AI-Manager with mission maker presets or automaticly enable enhanced AI with default presets, created in a way that they do not break missions.

That's going to be tough cookie, probably smile_o.gif

N8 goodnight.gif

Wow that was a quick fix!

However, the startup error is still there. (I dont get an error when I shoot somebody now, though)

The message is slightly different this time

arma2007-07-0218-28-45-68.jpg

don't experience any errors, here everything goes smooth.

Although I'm sad to see that when SIX_blood is enabled, the medipack from CRDS are gone!

@zootia

Did you put the 2 .hpp files in ArmA/dta folder?

EDIT:

No I just saw that the medipacks are not gone!!

Strange I got shot, was all over with blood and did not have the option to use medipacks, then died switched to another character got injured by a grenade and had the option to use small/big medipack. Hmmm!

Will do more testing

Yes, I did. I've been using sickboy's tracer mod since beta RC1, so I'm pretty sure I have everything in the right place. I have the sprocket version, if that makes any difference.

Images

@Zootia, Package Updated @0:43CET...

Sry for the hassle confused_o.gif

@Kroky, checking it also

About the hpp file, you dont need to overwrite it. The date is probably newer on your file, cause you changed settings, possibly.

Really strange.

Tested now 3 missions with RC9 and everything goes smooth...

Maybe sickboy knows more

Another question sickboy, I tried to open the six_blood.pbo with ArmA PBO archive unpacker and with cpbo and both don't unpack it. What tool did you use to pack it?

The purpose is that I would like to reduce the blood particles in six_blood.pbo (IMHO they're too much)

Another question sickboy, I tried to open the six_blood.pbo with ArmA PBO archive unpacker and with cpbo and both don't unpack it. What tool did you use to pack it?

Used cpbo by Kegetys mate.