Sign in to follow this  
Kendo J

Pebble Island Raid

A reconstruction of the classic SAS raid on pebble island airstrip during the Falklands\Malvinas war of 1982.

Made on OFP 1.96

Addons Needed

Falklands Mod

http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk/Release/FalklandsMod.rar

JAM3

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM3_FIXED6.rar

+ editor upgrade 103 included in FLK mod + CoC UA 1.1 (AVALIABLE at www.flashpoint1982.co.uk) and recommended FLK addond

Synopsis...

In the early morning of 15 May 1982 45 men of D squadron 22 SAS were landed by Seaking helicopter 6 km from the small airstirp on Pebble Island of the North coast of West Falkland.

What followed will be remembered as the most classic SAS raid since WWII.

By Kendo

download here

Mission UPDATED 06/07/07

http://operation-trident.net/xmb....pid=681

note; this does not include intros or outros.... just the mission also there is no voice acting instructions to the other SAS raiding party members are done by handsignals.

Mission Updates include CoC UA artillery and Illumination, More bad guys a surrender style script and loads of script errors fixed.

Do you have a direct donwload link for the mission, the one you provided takes me to the ofpec.com home page.

all i get is config jamcav_sm72lawlauncher huh.gif

you can download it in the mission section of the forums on the OFPEC site, I can't play it though as it says im missing EditorExtra102, which sounds like you have an older Editor extra addon installed and have used that one instead of the EditorExtra103 that comes with the falklands mod D:

I may have used the old editor 102 but I am sure I didn't... I don't understand why this happend If I used the old editor upgarde and you had the new one it should still work. If it was the other way around then it should not...  will check that out, sorry folks....

I don't understand why the Jam_m72 lawlauncher didn't work... it is Jam 3 and I almost always use Jam3 for all my missions and have had no problems so far.

Regards

Kendo

p.s.

I usually post on ofpec cos it is easy for me... If you are not a member or are not logged in you should be.... they have a great mission/editing depository and always have, OFPEC Rocks!

Just played the mission. A few things:

- Would be nice if one could give the arty and the other two sections the attack signal. That way one could sneak up to the planes and place the explosives.

- I gave all my guys three satchel charges and that's enough to blow up all the planes. But not enough to blow up the ammo and fuel dump too. Exchanging more ammo for satchel charges is no option since I already have so little ammuniton. The point is I don't have enough explosives to destroy all targets.

Besides that it's a really nice mission. thumbs-up.gif

Same with me. Editorupdate102 is missing thoung it is in my falklands-folder:

editorupdate102.pbo

(181 KB)

afrogaphix... what do you suggest i do with the explosives then? the ammo crate at the OP has extra ammo and 66mm law's if you need more....

the reason i made the artillery set off regardless of your attack is because it takes about 180 seconds for CoC UA to fire after a command is given... the timing is too far off if after you attack the arty starts three minutes (at least) late...

this can be changed if it is a more popular method... please reply with your ideas on this..

regards

Kendo

Sry, didn't notice the ammo crates at the OP. But even with those it's difficult because it's critical to get in, destroy the planes and get out again as fast as possible so that you don't get overrun by the enemy reinforcements.

Perhaps make the destruction of the fuel and ammo dump optional. If you have enough time and strength to reequip with explosives, you can destroy them if not you can exfil and still end the mission.

Or hide some explosives in the barracks near the airstrip.

About CoC artillery. The time delay is something that always bothered me too (perhaps it's realistic, i don't know). I usually handle this problem by using the timed bombardment or the fire on command thingie. If the arty is ready to fire it takes a few seconds from the fire-command to shells hitting the target.

I prefer this because I like as much freedom as possible as player. But the way you did it's ok too.

Sry, didn't notice the ammo crates at the OP. But even with those it's difficult because it's critical to get in, destroy the planes and get out again as fast as possible so that you don't get overrun by the enemy reinforcements.

Perhaps make the destruction of the fuel and ammo dump optional. If you have enough time and strength to reequip with explosives, you can destroy them if not you can exfil and still end the mission.

Or hide some explosives in the barracks near the airstrip.

Ok I did have satchels in the Argie ammo crates.... BUT someone didn't like that so I removed it.

I like the idea of making the ammo and fuel optional.... I could have two different endings for this as The SAS destroyed these and a radio tower.... The best ending if you can blow them up... a lesser ending if only the planes are destroyed.

Should I add a radio messege on the classic 0-0-1 style to begin the Artillery strike? An Action menu command? Or just have artillery start up when the attack is detected?

I hope you are enjoying the mission? I would like to update this one more time with some intro's outros and final bug fixes... Because I am working on a realistic as possible (some artistic/gameplay changes made) Battle of Goose Green in a 3 mission campaign... first mission is almost done... but it is very hard to make... at the moment I simulate two British companies A and B, Coy, 2nd battalion, Para's....

If you like freedom I have a WIP, Platoon on Platoon engagement simulation with company support on the newish CoC CE lite... I made it to be used with the GRAA mod pack.. send me an IM if you want the PBO or mission editor file in about a week it will be ready for playing....

Kind Regards

Kendo

Quote[/b] ]Is there still a place to download this from?

You might try the beta missions forum on OFPEC. Kendo has posted most of his missions there. You'll need to register to login.