Sign in to follow this  
aozyaman

1.08 field of view issue?

It is good to finally have Armory available for us 1.05 users smile_o.gif But I seem to have a problem with field of view and not quite sure if it is just a perception thing. The default infantry field of view seems to be wider, as in zoomed out more than how it was in 1.05 (somewhat like in full zoomed out view when driving/piloting vehicles). I'm having trouble seeing objects farther away and zooming in takes longer time it seems. And when I try to set a comfortable FOV with TrackIR zoom in/out, the FOV just plays back and forth, making it somewhat uncomfortable. I tried TrackIR center function but for zooming in/out, it is not very stable. It is particularly problematic with iron sights and the new g203 sights (a great improvement). Wider FOV is great for urban combat but in 200m+ firefights, it is an inconvenience.

Anyone else has a similar issue?

It'd be nice to have the ability to adjust a default value for FOV i think.

sounds very much like you set the zoom out function to some controlls always giving "zoom out" signal

check your assignments for zoom out

QuietMan

The issue you describe sounds like the issue in 1.07Beta, where if you reset the controls, but did not set the Track-IR Axis back on the zoom-in/zoom-out, then it would act this way.

If you have trouble with ur Track-IR and find no resolvement, turn Track-IR Application itself off, but leave the Axis and stuff configured in the ArmA Controls; this should put the FOV back to normal.

Thank you for replies.

I rechecked my key assignments, (all concerning zoom in, zoom out, reveal target, zoom in/out etc), nothing seems at fault there. I messed with toggle zoom out to see if that was it, but it doesn't appear so.

I also took Sickboy's advise and turned off TrackIR application, leaving in-game axis assignments, and tried running the game like that. No change. The view is way zoomed out, with or without TrackIR.

I haven't heard anyone else having this problem, so something's probably wrong on my end, but what?

Thank you for replies.

I rechecked my key assignments, (all concerning zoom in, zoom out, reveal target, zoom in/out etc), nothing seems at fault there. I messed with toggle zoom out to see if that was it, but it doesn't appear so.

I also took Sickboy's advise and turned off TrackIR application, leaving in-game axis assignments, and tried running the game like that. No change. The view is way zoomed out, with or without TrackIR.

I haven't heard anyone else having this problem, so something's probably wrong on my end, but what?

Post a screenshot, that way we can tell if it's just you or if there really is a problem. Is your aspect ratio in you video options set correctly?

Remember when you post a pic here, if you use img tags then make sure the pic isn't over 100kb or the mods wont be happy tounge2.gif If it's bigger, then just link to it.

Have you tried resetting all keys to default? Just in case it's some non-obivous key you've changed causing the issue. If a reset to default fixes it then you'd need to add your rebindings one by one until you break it, at which point you know whre the problem is.

btw, not many know this i think

if you double tap the numpad - key, it will widen your view, ideal for urban shite.

you can double tap the + key to set it back to normal.

the effects are very noticable when you're in 'iron sight' mode.

I also noticed a more zoomed out FOV in 1.08 from 1.05. Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought BIS changed it in one of the recent Betas.

Just to elaborate a little, I can bring up the scope and zoom the scope in as before but the scope seems smaller/further away than it was in 1.05. Aspect ratio normal, keys fine, no Track Ir.

Actually i thought i too noticed a FOV change, my subconcious told me :P

but i like it and see no issue with it!

I have a similiar problem, it seems like the definition at long distance as been lowered.

Now below 200 meters I can't even reconize if the soldier is enemy or friendely, I just see something moving in blur, I can't even recognize the color of the cammo, besides that, the patch is amazing.

I've tried everythig possible and the problem persists, it's sad cause if you wanna use your iron sights say like to fire at 150/300 meters you just can't, cause it's very hard to spot the enemy, I don't even know which side he's facing.

I have a similiar problem, it seems like the definition at long distance as been lowered.

Now below 200 meters I can't even reconize if the soldier is enemy or friendely, I just see something moving in blur, I can't even recognize the color of the cammo, besides that, the patch is amazing.

I've tried everythig possible and the problem persists, it's sad cause if you wanna use your iron sights say like to fire at 150/300 meters you just can't, cause it's very hard to spot the enemy, I don't even know which side he's facing.

That's why you can zoom in.

Ok, this is what I mean:

screen shot 1

and with G203 sight:

screen shot 2

When I press V to switch to sight view, this is the default FOV I get. Then, I have to zoom in (Num +). Non sight regular view is wide too, but it's hard to tell from screen shots.

I've reset my key assignments to default, and no change. Just to remind: this issue started after 1.08.

as i posted before, double tap the bloody numpad + button and it will be fine again. if double tapping numpad + doesnt work, try double tapping numpad - (minus). and your problems will be over.

as i posted before, double tap the bloody numpad + button and it will be fine again. if double tapping numpad + doesnt work, try double tapping numpad - (minus). and your problems will be over.

You think I haven't tried that? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok, this is what I mean:

screen shot 1

and with G203 sight:

screen shot 2

When I press V to switch to sight view, this is the default FOV I get. Then, I have to zoom in (Num +). Non sight regular view is wide too, but it's hard to tell from screen shots.

I've reset my key assignments to default, and no change. Just to remind: this issue started after 1.08.

reduce fovtop and fovleft in $arma_player.cfg

1.0 => 0.75 and adapt fovleft regarding fovtop value for conserve a 1.3333 aspect ratio. in this way , your sight in thinner.

i had this exact problem in 1.07 - and it looked just like your screenshots.

it turned out i had deleted the trackIR setting from zoom. manually put the trackIR assignments back and it should be ok. at least it was for me.

Ok, this is what I mean:

screen shot 1

and with G203 sight:

screen shot 2

reduce fovtop and fovleft in $arma_player.cfg

1.0 => 0.75 and adapt fovleft regarding fovtop value for conserve a 1.3333 aspect ratio. in this way , your sight in thinner.

Thanks mate! That did the trick  yay.gif