Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

Hmm, well that's what did it for me. The game wouldnt start - Id double click the shortcut and then watch the process start in Task Manager and then after 5sec turn off. Thats when I figured that out.

Are you guys sure your PC is powerful enough to run the game? I had this with BF2 on my old PC, it'd start but then turn off straight away.

PC is fine ran all the other versions just fine.

Speaking of securerom, I can't even find it in my Application Data folder.

Are you guys sure your PC is powerful enough to run the game? I had this with BF2 on my old PC, it'd start but then turn off straight away.

Do you think that we are complaining having shitty computers?

Have you bothered to read the PC specs in this thread?

All of us had ArmA running, either 1.05 or 1.06, depending on the country.

I can fucking assure you that my PC can run arma without any problem, with and average of more that 30fps.

We are not complaining about a new release game that doesn't run, we are complaining about a fix(1.08) that screws the game for many of us.

So before posting silly comments take your time to read what is this about, because we are enough irritated to have also to read nonsense comments from those who have not problems with the fucking patch!

I can fucking assure you that my PC can run arma without any problem, with and average of more that 30fps.

We are not complaining about a new release game that doesn't run, we are complaining about a fix(1.08) that screws the game for many of us.

So before posting silly comments take your time to read what is this about, because we are enough irritated to have also to read nonsense comments from those who have not problems with the fucking patch!

Hey, screw you guy, I was just trying to help. I aint got the time to read through 8 shitty pages. I just posted what I had a problem with and how I fixed it.

Hey, screw you guy, I was just trying to help. I aint got the time to read through 8 shitty pages. I just posted what I had a problem with and how I fixed it.

Settle down now...

You have to understand that most of us, including me, in this thread can't play a game that we paid for and that we love.

We are getting no answers from BIS or Securom regarding the issue. Our other versions worked fine, yet most of us have spent hours upon hours trying to fix this issue, troubleshooting everything we can, trying every possible angle, most of us have reinstalled several times and some of us have reformatted.

Thanks for your suggestions and I am glad they worked for you, but when you brought up the "Is your PC good enough" that would tick a lot of us off. Since I think I can say 100% of us in this thread could play 1.01-1.07b just fine.

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help and sorry for any aggression towards you, we are all just a little high strung in this thread with very valid reason.

[soF]Max©

Its kool Max :-)

And I'd just like to mention that my game wont work either - I cant even get the bloody thing installed let alone started.

I cant patch it without at least 6 errors. I've been working for about 4hrs now trying to get it solved..

And I'd just like to mention that my game wont work either - I cant even get the bloody thing installed let alone started.

I cant patch it without at least 6 errors. I've been working for about 4hrs now trying to get it solved..

That stinks...

I want to play so bad, but I am so tired of reinstalling and patching from scratch with the same results. Now I am waiting patiently hoping BIS or securom can figure something out.

That stinks...

I want to play so bad, but I am so tired of reinstalling and patching from scratch with the same results. Now I am waiting patiently hoping BIS or Securom can figure something out.

You shall wait a very long time my friend. I've tried to find some sort of contact for them directly, but I cant..

Sorry if I was too rude dude, I understand that you want to help, but as I told you, to provide help you should now about the problem, not just give possible solutions away without knowing the cause or the nature of the problem, in other words, just guessing. We tried all "possible solutions" from securom and even from other securom related problems without luck, and posting here that the cause might be that your computers may be rubish definitely does not help at all.

Don´t take it too personal, it is just that it´s been a week without news from devs, securom support it´s been useless and we are still fucked up, not being able to play this damn game.

Ye I understand, it was a bit uncool of me to post that in the 1st place. I only just woke up and wanted to see if anyone found a fix to my prob and I wasnt thinking.

I really dont know what to suggest..

On a good note, I managed to find a fix to patch the game ^^

I've just sucesfully patched it to 1.5. Lets see how 1.8 goes :-p

well, I have bad news.

The only solution to get it working that I found was to install XP PRO SP2 (I had XP HOME)

- installed XP PRO 2 in a specific directory (not /windows) so I may start again XP HOME and copy some files.

- installed xfi drivers

- installed nvidia drivers

- installed arma 1.04

- installed arma 1.05

- installed arma 1.08

Launched 1.08 and it works. Then, I have downloaded all updates and fixes from microsoft update. Still working.

So here's the sacrifice: re-install all other softwares and licenses on the new windows.

It didn't work for some people (maybe the windows updates must be processed AFTER the installation of ARMA - anyway try to launch 1.08 just after graphic / sound drivers and before installing new software).

Looks like Securom has a bad entry somewhere in the registry (I just hope it is not due to the beta patch 1.07 released by BIS)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SECUROM !

pistols.gif  goodnight.gif

Fuck that, I get the same shit. Sometimes Arma starts, and sometimes Securom does not my find my original Arma DVD.

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGG

band.gifband.gifband.gifband.gifband.gif

I had 1.08 working fine for weeks until this morning when i closed it with Alt F4 as I had to go out in a hurry.

Arma has since failed to start.

It wasn't the securom problem, it was the "tickboxes and then nothing" issue.

A previous post put me on the right track to fixing it, someone said it worked without sound, rather than disable the sound I updated the OpenAL, 5 seconds later and Arma 1.08 now starts everytime.

Stranger than Fiction eh ? biggrin_o.gif

Just my 2c worth, probably won't help anyone who has never had it running

confused_o.gif

I'm not having any issues, but my brother is having the securecom 7001 error issue after installing the 1.08 patch.

He uninstalled the game, deleted some registries related to ArmA, reinstalled the game and it worked unpatched.

However, patching to 1.08 brought the problem back. Last he downloaded the US version of 1.08 instead of the international version. I'm waiting to hear if it fixed anything yet.

One thing he told me is that he was getting something about emulation software. The only thing I can think he has like that on his machine is for his Logitec keyboard. I'm just trying to see if there's something in common here, and if others are using this programable keyboard that are having this problem.

I dont know if this will work for you guys but it worked for me:

-Right click the ARMA.exe shortcut and select 'Run as'

-Leave the 'Current user...' box ticked

-Untick the 'Protect me computer...' box.

-Click OK and it should work.

Does NOT work for me confused_o.gif

Fuck that, I get the same shit. Sometimes Arma starts, and sometimes Securom does not my find my original Arma DVD.

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGG  

band.gif  band.gif  band.gif  band.gif  band.gif

Typical Securom problem in no way related to Arma.

Pro evolution Soccer 6 offers the same problem every now

and then and is also protected by Securom copy protection.

~S~ CD

maybe its just me but, what i find annoying is that we shouldn't have to fix this game by ourselves. or at least this sort of issue. we paid good money for the game to actually boot up. that fact that those having a problem are forced to figure a way around this problem is absurd. really, how hard is it to drop by and let people know that you are aware of the this problem and are working to fix it. my worst fear is that this particular problem will get over looked.

Even worst is the fact that no one from BIS is saying a single word about this issue since patch 1.08 confused_o.gif

Even worst is the fact that no one from BIS is saying a single word about this issue since patch 1.08  confused_o.gif

Maruk already posted a reply about this problem that they

contacted Securom and for a first hotfix he posted Securom's

answer.

Now this came even on page one of that thread.

If there weren't that new trend that everybody feels the need

to open up a new thread for the same problems over and over again, you would have had luck and have seen BIS'

response.

Quote[/b] ]maybe its just me but, what i find annoying is that we shouldn't have to fix this game by ourselves. or at least this sort of issue. we paid good money for the game to actually boot up. that fact that those having a problem are forced to figure a way around this problem is absurd. really, how hard is it to drop by and let people know that you are aware of the this problem and are working to fix it. my worst fear is that this particular problem will get over looked.

Well, then you should change to consoles gaming because

there everybody got the very same configuration and

hardware and no other factors than the software could

be messed up if it's about bugs.

~S~ CD

Well, then you should change to consoles gaming because

there everybody got the very same configuration and

hardware and no other factors than the software could

be messed up if it's about bugs.

~S~ CD

Wow, this is the missing useless response. We're PC gamers so we should waste our time trying to fix what a incompetent has programmed. That's sound pretty logical mate! icon_rolleyes.gif

Let me tell you something. It is not the customer fault. It is all about BI and securom incompetence.

Because they have released a bloody half made buggy product, but wait, they charged us as if the damn thing was finish mad_o.gif

Ok, then, we are proper fans, we buy it to support them, fine. Now they start releasing massive patches(can image what people with slow internet connection think about this ....)

But wait! Why the fuck are they gonna test any of this? Those guys are tough PC gamers, they are fanatics, let them do it for free!! Ok, fine again, they take it all, without lubricant, who cares?. It seems that the game is fucked up for some of them. What do we do? Nothing, let them wait for another patch that maybe will fix that.

I'm sure that when you get some work on your house done you want it finish, and working. And if it doesn't, you call up the guy who did it and ask him to finish it properly. Even if you are a D&Y boy I'm fucking sure that you are not gonna finish it yourself. You are gonna complain about it and eventually you will get it fixed by the guy you pay. So now tell me why the hell should software be different.

I'm tired of people like you, that come to tell us that we shouldn't even complain, just be patient and shut the fuck up. Fuck off! I complain and I'm angry because I paid the same money that you did, I downloaded the same patches, I have a PC that is better than recommended but I can't play after installing last patch. That's all that it is.

OGM I JUST PLAYED FOR LIKE 2 HOURS, now back to the same thing..... Wow, just wow.

Well it was fun.

I keep clicking on my icon every so often just for the hope of it, and it started and worked fine. Now back to no boot no errors. That probably makes me more pissed than if it just never worked again.

Yeh there is an old saying for people that have no problems is that im all right jack how are you ,in other words fuck you thats wot that means,so ifyou ant been fucked in the ass before ,well this is how it feels. nice one guys that have no problems lol.

& i can get my game runnig but have some times have problems online but feel for all the the guys that have been riped of, as i said my game works.

but some people r still have big problems ,as it would be nice if for once some one can make a game that is universal & not fuck you im ok how are you lol.like i can play & dont really care if u can or not.

Ps im with you on that on brother [Zorasht] so fucking true & well said

Zorasht and G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

Both 48h PR for the f*** words and to give both of you time to cool down.

Yeh there is an old saying for people  that have no problems is that im all right jack how are you ,in other words fuck you thats wot that means,so ifyou ant been fucked in the ass before ,well this is how it feels. nice one guys that have no problems lol.

& i can get my game runnig but have some times have  problems online but feel for all the the guys that have been riped of, as i said my game works.

but some people r still have big problems ,as it would be nice if for once some one can make a game that is universal  & not fuck you im ok how are you lol.like i can play & dont really care if u can or not.

Ps im with you on that on brother [Zorasht] so fucking true & well said

I feel your pain, mate. And while I haven't experienced like issues in ArmA, I have in other games, most of them from major dev studios.

BIS is a very small company, even smaller than GSC that produced STALKER. They are aware of this problem you and others are having, and trust me, this fraction of individuals isn't small and is actually rather large.

They're working on it.

It is ok to ban us all if you like but all we ask is we get an official response at least from somebody. Hearing nothing makes people so angry and frustrated.

How do you think we all feel right now? having forked out $80 Aussie dollars myself to not play a game Woo good fun.

Even had a fresh install of XP on a brand new HD and it still wouldn't work, bloody rediculous.