Sign in to follow this  
heliosjet

Patch 1.08 doesn't boot thread

I'm opening this specific thread for people who cannot launch the game at all when using the patch 1.08. the other thread is a mess (vista errors, directX errors, VRAM errors, custom mods errors, securom errors...).

Assuming all patches were installed correctly and without any error message (full clean install without any addons), please post your full config here.

Note:

1/ securom fix (mounted devices registry modification + reboot - remove \\?? in SYSTEM\MountedDevices) doesn't fix the problem.

2/ changing openAL version doesn't fix the problem

3/ uninstalled the game, removed all arma config files and install dir then installed 1.04 DVD (working), 1.05 patch (working), 1.08 patch.

4/ sptd.sys removed (if any) doesn't help.

5/ arma_server.exe is working for some.

6/ specific to Windows XP.

7/ AnalysisLog.sr0 sent to SECUROM June 12 (no fix yet)

8/ Removed DVD DRIVE in the device manager and re-installed

9/ stressing the DVD drive in PIO mode do not work.

10/ new .EXE (June 20, 2007) from Securom: http://www.securom.com/support....rma.zip

May not work with European DVD version.

(securom fix tested successfully with german morphicon versions only).

11/ Switch to Windows2000 compatibility mode may help (right click on the arma icon)

12/ LATEST SECUROM .EXE FILE WORKS WITH EUROPEAN DVD FROM 505 GAMES. Same link. The file is dated June 22 instead of June 20

http://www.securom.com/support....rma.zip

FILE SIZE: 10 678 272 bytes

CREATION DATE: JUNE 22, 12:28

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Thanks to Securom for the multiple updates and very good email support

... what else? Nespresso?

Symptom:

When clicking on ARMA icon, the CD drive is spinning during 2 / 5 seconds then stop. Nothing else happens. no securom error message. nothing banghead.gif

505 Games European DVD version

default language: French

Windows XP SP2

4 GB Ram (3 recognized)

C2D 2.7 Ghz

8800 GTX tested with 158.22, 160.02, 160.03

Creative Xfi fatality

Motherboard: Asus P5W DH deluxe with onboard sound de-activated in bios.

Dvd drive: Pioneer DVR-A12 XBL

----

aggitated thread starter (that's me)

Removed contents on request of the extremely aggitated thread starter.

IF you get a securom 7001 error:

Click here -------------> - Securom error messages thread

Basically:

Quote[/b] ]NOTE: Make a registry back up before you try this. This MIGHT not work for you.

Thank you for your email. Please open the registry editor

(Start->Run- >regedit) and move to the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\ key.

Please delete all REG_BINARY entries of this key (all blue ones on the

left side). Afterwards reboot the machine and then the game should work

again.

Nobody in the thread you quoted are saying this.

They all had the securom error.

There's more on the horizon than that thread. The All Mighty 1.08 Troubleshooting thread for instance. I might be mistaken but I concluded from that thread with references to the Securerom thread that there were ppl able to resolve it by the info from that thread; If i'm wrong then i'm wrong, no need to pull me down.

most people who have the no boot issue WITHOUT AN ERROR MESSAGE at still stuck - please double check the main 1.08 thread.

Can you remove all your message so people can post their config here.

Hi Heliosjet.

Thank you for starting this thread. Yes I have the same exact symptom. ArmA:CO will not start for me nor do I get any error message, but it does spin up the DVD disc after the mouse cursor shows an hourglass for a few seconds. After that arma.exe disappears from the task list in task manager.

I have the US 1.06 DVD version. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice to no avail. I tried the SecuROM fix posted that suggested removing some registry entries at HKLM/SYSTEM/MountedDevices but that didn't work. Granted though, I didn't delete every last key because I can't have my Z: E: and other partitions moved by Windows to the default. Apparently that fix won't help if there are no duplicates and I have no duplicates in that registry key.

I also tried downloading two different versions of the US patch, that didn't work.

SecuROM does *not* like Daemon Tools. I had this nice utility installed, but uninstalled it in hopes of fixing this show stopper issue, to no avail. Still I can't launch ArmA to get even a splash screen or even the check boxes to appear.

Right now I can't play ArmA 1.08 and 1.06 works as well as 1.06 works (1.06 has many known issues and bugs). I feel like BIS is ignoring these forums and that we may not see an emergency patch to fix this and will have to wait until the next full patch which could be one to two months. Have anyone seen any response from BIS on this issue? Do they care? Are we left to fend and troubleshoot for ourselves?

banghead.gifhelp.gif

I'm using WinXP SP2 patched up to a couple months ago, AMD4200+X2, nVidia 8800 GTS320 with 158.22 drivers, a DVD-R/RW drive, 3GB of pc3200 RAM, SB Audigy 2 platinum, AVG-Free antivirus, Kerio personal firewall. Nothing is over clocked on my machine.

I've been a PC gamer for over twenty years and I've never had a problem with a game like I do with this one. For other games there are reasonable fixes somewhere out there on the Internet. This time, for this game and patch there is nothing, nada, zilch, zero to actually fix the issue. There have been some helpful people here in the forums but no real fix. Help us BIS! BIS don't forget there is an I inbetween the B and the S!

Thanks for bringing up this issue again.

There are quite many of us around who all suffer from the new SecuROM version implemented.

I still see BIS and Sony in charge here. Had my own conversation with the guys at Sony and they came up with the suggestion to remove the SPTD driver.

Let me put a quote:

Quote[/b] ]

It seems that a software conflict is causing this error. Maybe it' the sptd.sys device driver (usually installed with emulation tools like Daemon Tools or Alcohol120%).

Could you please remove it with the setup form the link below and then try again to start the game?

http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads

Of course I tried it and it did not really help. Same issue with the launch of ArmA remains.

In order to support Sony with digging out a fix, you all might want to send them support tickets and a system analysis as well.

To access the SecuROM Analysis Mode, right click on your ArmA Desktop reference and click on "Start Analysis". Then game will try to boot, crash but also create a AnalysisLog.sr0 file. This can then be sent over to them.

I got my reply after 2h - let's give them a change to fix their mess.

If anybody else found a proper solution or like to share feedback in a mature way, please post.

Thanks.

I have the same problem with my XP install of Arma as the rest of you, 1.05 EuroDVD works fine(with Alchol etc installed).

1.08 will not even start, have installed twice already, this is not good, I purchased this game to play it, not be restricted by security software dictating to me what other software I chose to install on MY MACHINE, which I paid for.

When will developers wise up to this infringement of peoples personal liberties, and please don't start with the Pirates are the problem, 90% of people will buy a game if it is worth playing especially if you need codes to play online.

PLEASE BI just sort it out.

Quote[/b] ]and please don't start with the Pirates are the problem, 90% of people will buy a game if it is worth playing especially if you need codes to play online.

rofl.gif

I wonder where you got your percent from.

If there where no copy protection, one guy would

rent a game in the videothek or buy it in a shop to

bring it back right after installation or burn it onto

disk - and then all his friends would suffer from the

very same copy of the game.

The codes to play online would be the easiest way

for them to sort out.

Why do you think companies making money with copy

protection and why do you think other companies paying

this money?

Ah - i forgot - it's only hysteria - the truth is somewhere

out there.

~S~ CD

Chris...if you cannot add anything constructive to this thread then just stay OUT of it. I too have this problem and I have not been able to solve it and as I have said in another threads...THIS IS NOT MY FAULT. We need answers to this problem...not your off the cuff ramblings. If your game works...then fine...go play it.....mine and others here does not...and we need to figure out WHAT has caused this and how to REALLY fix this....not just kinda sorta get it working with duct tape and bailing twine!!!!

I have the same problem. I paste here what I already posted on the main 1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

well, I contacted securom support and they told me the same that to everyone else.

Quote[/b] ]

Hello.

Thank you for your email. We are sorry you are having launch issues. We

suspect you are receiving this error message as a result of the use of an

emulation program that tampers registry keys.

To fix your registry entries please follow the instructions below:

Note: These tampered entries have NOT been caused by SecuROM?. Please also

note, you should only delete duplicate entries and not any others.

SecuROM? is not liable for any problems caused by using these

instructions. We provide them only as a service and to assist with

repairing the launch issue.

Please open the registry editor (Start->Run->regedit) and move to the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices\  area (by clicking on this

folder, you will see all the entries on the right side). Look at the

entries with an alpha designation (ie: \DosDevices\Letter_Here). You

should see one of entries with letters with duplicate entries. If you

delete the duplicate entry (right mouse click and choose 'Delete' from the

choices), you should be able to exit RegEdit and launch your program.

If the problem persists, please delete all REG_BINARY entries in this

folder (only blue ones on the right side). Reboot your computer

immediately, the entries will be re-established, and the game should

start.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

I have followed all the steps and the game is still not loading.

Also, be aware that that "fix" mess up all your drive letters configuration except C:. I have 9 HDD partition plus the optical drives, and I had to reassign everything as it was before.

So I think that for this problem there is not a "tweak" solution, so we will have to wait BI to release a hotfix or something.

It is a shame, I have clan games on Fridays, 1.08 is already the standard, and I won't be able to play. I hope they release the hotfix before then.  banghead.gif

Thanks Zorasht...I have a similar setup to you and I recieved the same email info as you did from Securom. I have yet to implement any of it as I do not think I should have to jeoparize my Windows setup to play this game. I am thinking I am going to wait and see if any more info will be forthcoming from BIS and or Securom.

5/ arma_server.exe is working. The issue is with arma.exe

...dedicated server is not working for me after applying the patch.

first time im happy about buying sprocket....

No worries tough, Im positive that BIS and Securecom are doing everything they can to solve the problem (Infact they are in a hurry to fix this because alot of ppl seem to be affected by this)

Chris...if you cannot add anything constructive to this thread then just stay OUT of it. I too have this problem and I have not been able to solve it and as I have said in another threads...THIS IS NOT MY FAULT. We need answers to this problem...not your off the cuff ramblings. If your game works...then fine...go play it.....mine and others here does not...and we need to figure out WHAT has caused this and how to REALLY fix this....not just kinda sorta get it working with duct tape and bailing twine!!!!

I'm sorry for you that you can't run the game and i would

be angry too - but still i wouldn't speek nonsense just

that doesn't make sense just to get rid of my angryness.

I'd try to keep it in a polite manner and not go blaming

into the wrong corner.

Sorry again if you feel upset about my behaviour but

to ignore the existency of software pirates doesn't

help either to solve problems.

About constructivity: at least i tried to inform the poster

who has the wrong opinion about the topic copy protection

to understand why it's there.

But you're right - i should have done it less sarcastic.

~S~ CD

Did not read about one fix attempt here for this specific non-startup problem with ArmA.

Please try the following steps; dont skip one:

-no need to uninstall Daemon tools; rather *update* it to latest version

(1.49 sptd) if you not already did that.

-uninstall ArmA completely, including deletion of its install folder(! )

-Follow securom removal instructions(again) for removing keys

from registry. (yes, even if you do *not* have error 7001)

Leave the keys with the driveletters alone, just delete all

the other ones. ( \??\Volume{.... )

-Do *not* reboot; open device manager.

-uninstall your DVD/optical drive from within device manager.

-shutdown your PC (do not reboot; shutdown)

-startup PC; DVD is detected automatically again.

(you may need to adjust drive letter, but it should key in right after your HDD letter)

-install ArmA 1.0x (and start it once; verify build number! )

-install patch ArmA 1.05 (skip, if you already have 1.06 US..

and start it once; verify build number.. 1.05.1536)

- install patch ArmA 1.08 international or US depending on your build.

-*before you attempt to start it*, add -nosplash to

ArmAs startup argument.

-What happens? smile_o.gif

Did not read about one fix attempt here for this specific non-startup problem with ArmA.

So please read it again specially my first post.

No fixes are working.

You introduced a new one (removing the DVD/CD from the device manager) however it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help anyway. Remember that 1.04, 1.05 and BETA 1.07 with 8800 fix and without 8800 fix are all working. the problem is just with 1.08.

I just got a new message from SECUROM:

Quote[/b] ]Thank you for your email. I've checked your analysis file, but will need to consult our developers to offer a solution. I will return to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com

or via e-mail: support@securom.com

Chris.....I speak no nonsense...nope.....no sireee.  I was able to play this game....using a "beta" version...yes that's is correct...beta. Now if this had happened to all of us with the beta patch we would have all said...."I guess this IS a beta version and stuff happens with beta". Now the "official" patch is out and I cannot play it.....so...where is the nonsense here? I am not pointing my finger at you I am pointing it directly at BIS and /or Securom...and one of them (or a combination of both) have caused this to happen and all I (and others) seek is a solution...plain and simple...not some voodoo magic, dance in a circle while tapping your head and rubbing your belly kind of solution...but  a real solution...or at the very least an explanation as to what they think is the issue..not some generic statement accusing me of having emulation software on my system!!! Yup I am a bit angry about this...but it is not life or death with me.....I will just be out $60 and life will go on...but as I said in another post this has become a alarming trend in the PC gaming industry...hence the move to gaming consules which is stuff for a whole other rant... wink_o.gif. Here's hoping for a quick fix...sans the dancing witch doctor.... yay.gif

I have the same problem and went so far as to wipe my hard drive (secure erase) and put a fresh XP install on it (SP2).  I updated Nvidia drivers (158.22) and installed ArmA (1.06 DVD).  It worked fine.  I then installed the patch (US version) and still no dice.  Just a spinning DVD and arma in the task manager for a few seconds then nothing.  I did the same with a Vista Home Premium install on another HDD and I get the same results.

There is nothing that could be messed up other than the patch.

I was running the 1.07 beta just fine also and the dedicated server exe does not launch for me. I get a generic error report about how Arma has encountered a problem....

I'm running on a Striker Extreme + E6600 with a 8800 GTS 640MB.

Chris.....I speak no nonsense...nope.....no sireee.  I was able to play this game....using a "beta" version...yes that's is correct...beta. Now if this had happened to all of us with the beta patch we would have all said...."I guess this IS a beta version and stuff happens with beta". Now the "official" patch is out and I cannot play it.....so...where is the nonsense here? I am not pointing my finger at you I am pointing it directly at BIS and /or Securom...and one of them (or a combination of both) have caused this to happen and all I (and others) seek is a solution...plain and simple...not some voodoo magic, dance in a circle while tapping your head and rubbing your belly kind of solution...but  a real solution...or at the very least an explanation as to what they think is the issue..not some generic statement accusing me of having emulation software on my system!!! Yup I am a bit angry about this...but it is not life or death with me.....I will just be out $60 and life will go on...but as I said in another post this has become a alarming trend in the PC gaming industry...hence the move to gaming consules which is stuff for a whole other rant... wink_o.gif. Here's hoping for a quick fix...sans the dancing witch doctor.... yay.gif

hmm - seems you misunderstood my post or you felt

accused of speaking nonsense - sorry if it came over

like that (english is not my native language).

I didn't mean you to have spoken this nonsense - i meant

more people who bring up solutions or who start getting

aggressive into a direction where it doesn't belong to.

I already said in another post that the copy protection

system being choosen by the publisher or distributor is

in no way influenced by the developer of the game.

There are even people suggesting BIS to release a NOCD

crack or patch but i doubt that's a sense making option

or that BIS in any way would have influence on the decision

of making so.

And if then one comes and says that software piracy is

not a problem then ... well. wink_o.gif

But again i say: i didn't mean you with speaking nonsense.

Look - i have had a problem when i first installed ArmA

back in November when it was released here in Austria.

My DVD simply wasn't recognized by my system.

I didn't put my angryness down to the developer, instead

i opened a thread with all information i could get together

to help others finding a solution.

Two days later i got my game to run because i've used the

meantime to read as many threads as possible and found

a solution - instead of telling BIS how angry i am.

Now i also got a problem with 1.08 which wasn't there

before but do you see me beating the devs because of

it?

I posted a reply into the 1.08 troubleshooting thread - note that i didn't open another new thread about it like many

of those i meant are doing. wink_o.gif

Now i must wait a little bit until somebody maybe find a solution or until i probably solve it myself.

That's the way to go and not swearing about how bad BIS

is developing or testing patches/games - that doesn't lead

anywhere and is rather unconstructive than helping anybody.

I hope that all those problems getting solved as soon as possible but everything needs it's time.

We all know how many different system setups are possible

they are endless and then there come people, moaning about

bad beta testing or so.

~S~ CD