Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: Tracers (Beta)

Tracer addon and Predator's sound mod seem to not like each other for some reason?

For some reason you maybe might explain what you exactly mean, which results you are getting etc...

I use both myself btw and works as a charm.

Never mind got it working now. PKT 1500 round mag seems to have no tracers? It is a standard BIS vehicle magazine.

EDIT: 1500 round ammo seem to work with some units (add-ons) and not with the others.

EDIT: 1500 round ammo seem to work with some units (add-ons) and not with the others.

This addon is ment to work with BIS default units.

It is not guaranteed to work with addons.

Never mind got it working now. PKT 1500 round mag seems to have no tracers? It is a standard BIS vehicle magazine.

If the addons have nicely inherited from the default BIS ammo classes then it should be no problem. If they are completely new classes you can configure them in the SP and Mission configuration.

If you let me know which addons I could even show examples.

If the Tracer addon would become some sort of standard, we might get others to add tracer properties to their ammo.

Quote[/b] ]If the Tracer addon would become some sort of standard, we might get others to add tracer properties to their ammo.

I see no reason why they should not. Huge improvement over the default or tennisball ones.

I investigated further with the mod not working on evolution. Its not a server thing. The first time I boot up my game and join any server, it does not work 100% of the time. If I disconnect and rejoin the same server, it works 100%. I asked some friends to do the same experiment and they all confirm. First load - no go, second load - go.

Seems like the mod does not load until the second time the map loads. Hope this helps

@Törni: Ty dude smile_o.gif

@Zootia:

Thanks for checking and following up on it. I will try to trace and resolve but it's possible I might not get a fix out before final v0.1 tomorrow.

As an aside:

Remeber B17 II? They had great tracers there. OK it's an old game of a WW2 scenario, but they still stick out in my mind as very effective. I think they must have used some sort of sprite method, as a proportion of the tracers had a particularly effective "wiggle" that I can only find on one tiny screenshot here:

ss_preview_ects05b.jpg

I can't imagine how else such an effect could be done. I imagine that the effect comes from the round tumbling in flight IRL.

Nope, the bullets fly straigth, or atleast on a smooth trajectory.

Actually the zig-zaggs of tracer come from the shake of camera. You should only see tme if you are the one firing (and quite extensive too). Try to look up some WW2 films on Youtube if you like these climates - pretty many of them.

@ June 15 2007,21:10)]Nope, the bullets fly straigth, or atleast on a smooth trajectory.

Actually the zig-zaggs of tracer come from the shake of camera. You should only see tme if you are the one firing (and quite extensive too). Try to look up some WW2 films on Youtube if you like these climates - pretty many of them.

Well I don't know about the camera shake thing, but I do know that some bullets tumble, and if tracer rounds only glow at one end then it might be possible smile_o.gif

B-17 FF II had the best tracers, loved that game.

The tracers look like shaken due to the winds and vibrations. You can see that on some videos from different planes, not the gun camera.

Saw that on modern tracers too, but they are larger in size. What did they fire? 37 mm and some .50 cals.

Earthbound, tracers tend to "fly straight", because there are no crosswinds and you don't fly with such speeds.

The tracer model they used in that game is inaccurate. Because of the low quality of 1940's guncams, the shake of the aircraft would result in the tracer light emitter appearing to 'wobble'. It's straight when you look at it with your own eyes. Round, even.

Sickboy, I wanted to come on and personally thank you for your mod. I'm using it in conjunction with Predator's soundmod and it has really brought the game to a new level. Once again, a huge thank you! -S.