Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF sound pack v1.1

Well, pretty low traffic on this topic, considering it is one of the best sound mods out there. As for me I use it as standard. After playing with it for the last weeks, I have to say it's outstanding. Weapon sounds are good, vehicle sound excellent.

@Goeth

- Are there any intentions to change the M16 burst sound?

- Are there any intentions to change the M249 sound?

- Could you please implement sounds for rolling (on the ground)

Are there any sounds for bullet impacts on vehicles and walls in this mod?

Are there any sounds for bullet impacts on vehicles and walls in this mod?

Yes

I need help installing this mod. I installed it and when I try to run it, it says it can't find arma.exe -mod=FDF_Sounds. What do I need to do to get this mod to play. Also, do addons work in multiplayer, mainly evolution?

Add -mod=FDF_sounds to your ArmA shortcut. Yeah it works in Multiplayer.

Just wondering if theres gonna be another version to come out or is this pack complete?

Well, pretty low traffic on this topic, considering it is one of the best sound mods out there. As for me I use it as standard. After playing with it for the last weeks, I have to say it's outstanding. Weapon sounds are good, vehicle sound excellent.

Well it continues the quality of the sounds in the FDF Mod for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance. I was totally amazed by the quality of the sounds in that mod. For example the assault rifle of the FDF had a sound that in my opinion was very close to the original (I guess the sound of at least that weapon was recorded for FDF Mod at a shooting range and not modified from existing sound clips). Realistic sounds have significant importance in creating an immersive experience. Must have taken lots of time and skill to do the sounds so well for FDF Mod. Luckily the same people are still around to work on addons for ArmA.

So Thank You Goeth and keep up the good work!

Just wondering if theres gonna be another version to come out or is this pack complete?

No, this is not completed. Already making a new version with some changed sounds.

ps. Thanks Baddo  biggrin_o.gif

Must give a shout out to you guys EXCELLENT WORK!

This is how the game should have sounded out of the box, keep up the good work.

Had a question about this mod- I just realized that the files for this had been sitting in my addon folder and I had created a mission with them there. Now for some reason the mission REQUIRES fdf_sounds to run...

I don't want the addon requirement, and I have no idea what is causing it. I looked through the editor and mission.sqm/scripts/etc almost line-by-line for any reason-- I looked through my triggers and don't see any music or sound effects.

Does anyone have an idea why this is acting up on me? It must be some object I placed in this specific mission because I know I had created other missions since then with fdf_sounds in my addonfolder-- and they don't have the same problem...

Ah well, thanks for any help. goodnight.gif

Hmm that´s strange berowe, could you find what unit or what object causes the fdf_sound entry to mission.sqm, it would help alot.