Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

The Olympic Hockey Tournament!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Feb. 19 2002,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AND WHY THE #### WOULD SALO EVEN TOUCH THAT FUCKING PUCK, FIRED FROM THE REDLINE?!?! IT WAS SO HIGH ABOVE THE GOAL THAT IT SHOULDNT HAVE LANDED YET IF HE´D ONLY LET IT BE!!!!! IT WOULD STRUCK SOMEONE ON BENCHROW 302 IF HE´D JUST COULD CONTROL HIMSELF!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

It looked like Salo ducked for the puck!!!!!!!!!biggrin.gif:D:D:D

I would probably have done the same thing, but this - the, at least at some times, arguable best goalie in the world gets afraid of the puck!!!!!biggrin.gif:D:D:D

That CANT be true!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Feb. 19 2002,23:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S_Z @ Feb. 19 2002,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only way I can forgive the Swedish hockey team is if Belarus takes the gold... and we all know how big that chance is<span id='postcolor'>

That chance is just as big as the chance that Belarus would beat Sweden...and we all now that that is a FUCKING BIG CHANCE!!!

In a way I´m glad that Foppa was missing - atleast we have ONE hockeyplayer with his honour intact. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah.. but this is so typical for Sweden… look at the other Swedes in the OG (especially Elofsson )…we are normally good but when it really counts we suck!!

I don’t think that any of the other countries that are left will lose against Belarus.

nice game against the US, we never even dreamed about getting that far! smile.gif Dont think people in Germany are frustrated with that result. They did a good job, yes they did!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Feb. 20 2002,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice game against the US, we never even dreamed about getting that far! smile.gif Dont think people in Germany are frustrated with that result. They did a good job, yes they did!<span id='postcolor'>

I don't have a TV sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Feb. 20 2002,02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Feb. 20 2002,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice game against the US, we never even dreamed about getting that far! smile.gif Dont think people in Germany are frustrated with that result. They did a good job, yes they did!<span id='postcolor'>

I don't have a TV sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you should be happy about that. Seriously, what do you miss? And you got probably nice weather while we live in the mud here!

Congrats to Canadian team..

You deserved a place amongst the four.

Now mods, please delete this thread : (

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (S_Z @ Feb. 19 2002,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don’t think that any of the other countries that are left will lose against Belarus.<span id='postcolor'>

Neither do I. But I hope...

This is ridiculus. I´m sitting here at work and the only thing I can think of is that Sweden lost against Belarus yesterday. I cant really concentrate on anything else...

World is fucked up, huh?

Sandman:

I feel empty too..

Like that tournament was the most important thing in the world but still..

Don't know.. I don't feel sad or angry.. just empty

I wish I could say something to make you feel better : (

I wish I could think of something to make ME feel better..

If they just released "Jedi Knight Outlaw" already, I would dive deep into SW universe and forget about anything else.

Just a thought..

Swedish television is sendnig a reprisal of the match, and I just heared this, after the outcomming of the match even more, classical commentary again.

Freely translated Swedish TV commentary in 12:th minute of 1:st period (Belarus leads with 2-1):

"Salo have had a couple of smokers at his head now, so HE should at least be awake"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Feb. 20 2002,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Swedish television is sendnig a reprisal of the match, and I just heared this, after the outcomming of the match even more, classical commentary again.

Freely translated Swedish TV commentary in 12:th minute of 1:st period (Belarus leads with 2-1):

"Salo have had a couple of smokers at his head now, so HE should at least be awake"<span id='postcolor'>

Looked more like he just had a smoke or two...and not regular tobacco...

I thought of another thing...

The Belarus player Igor Matushkin (he plays and lives in Sweden) said after the game that the Belarussian players already had booked their tickets for the flight home and now they didnt know what to do with the tickets...I say: Give them to the Swedish team. They could go for a trainingcamp in Belarus (would be even better in Siberia)....

Furthermore I think that we should greet our Swedish team at Sergels Torg in Stockholm as usual - dont forget to bring the tomatoes tho....

Sports are more serious than you think sometimes...I didnt believe that I would react this way. I feel empty. I couldnt even get angry last night...I just felt as somebody just had died...pain and sorrow...

Anyway, I want to congratulate the Belarus Hockeyteam - they were great, (Matushkin nearly excused himself in Swedish Television) it was the Swedish team that played real bad. I wish Belarus all the luck in the future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Feb. 20 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looked more like he just had a smoke or two...and not regular tobacco...<span id='postcolor'>

They don't have any tobacco in Utah, it's like the Vatican of the Mormon world. It would probably be easier to find a hooker in the Vatican City than to get weed in Utah.

Word

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Feb. 20 2002,14wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sports are more serious than you think sometimes...I didnt believe that I would react this way. I feel empty. I couldnt even get angry last night...I just felt as somebody just had died...pain and sorrow...<span id='postcolor'>

I know exactly how you feel…I feel the same sad.gif

I was so looking forward to the game on Friday…I could never even imagine that we wouldn’t be in that game against Canada or Finland sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the F word @ Feb. 20 2002,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They don't have any tobacco in Utah, it's like the Vatican of the Mormon world.  It would probably be easier to find a hooker in the Vatican City than to get weed in Utah.

Word<span id='postcolor'>

Is it true they don't have coffee either?

This would make it h*ll on earth sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Feb. 20 2002,11:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it true they don't have coffee either?

This would make it h*ll on earth sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

These "Mormon" people who live there can't drink coffee or anything with cafiene, so no coke pepsi mountain dew. I tell you, these mormons sure know how to make life boring.

As for there not being any coffee there, I'm sure there is some, it's not banned or anything, just most of the people there don't drink it.

-=Die Alive=-

I watched it on TV once, they originate from Germany and Switzerland and they have kept their linguistic roots throughout the decades. So they still can speak German, but there is no way I can understand it, no way! Sounds like someone from Texas speaking polish! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 20 2002,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...can't drink coffee or anything with cafiene, so no coke pepsi...<span id='postcolor'>

Have'nt the cocacola company tried to prevent such ideas?

Here in Sweden they saw a big problem in that we drink 'Julmust' at some holidays like christmas; and told some Swedish brewers to stop making 'Julmust' or their cocacola license would be withdrawn. Cocacola had to start their own production here then since we like our 'must'. smile.gif

Ok, I'm not 100% this is the correct story, but the CocaCola company dont seems to like areas with low consumption of their products...

Sweden beated Finland in the bronze match!

Lets just hope that the Swedish men dont have to meet these (mostly teen) women; they would be crushed! The 15 year old Swedish goalie queen makes Salo look like an amateur biggrin.gif

Great job by the Swedish girls!...now we atleast have a medal in hockey smile.gif

It feels even greater that it was the Finnish team they beat! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Feb. 21 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oops, Canada 2 vs USA 1

how is it gonna end, well..?<span id='postcolor'>

Women's hockey don't mean dick. biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 21 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think some people here need to take sports a little less seriously.<span id='postcolor'>

Then U should see the Swedish papers yesterday. They had published some of the e-mails they´d got from angry readers.

One of them was something like this (freely translated):

-"The Swedish loss is for Sweden what 11th September was for the USA"

THATS taking it serious...