Sign in to follow this  
Floyd3124

Adding your own face to ArmA

I remember with OFP you could add your own face to the game. Can you still do that with ArmA and if so how do you go about puting your face into ArmA to use. Thanks

But in my experience for other people to see your custom face, you have to put the face in a .pbo and make sure everybody has that .pbo

But in my experience for other people to see your custom face, you have to put the face in a .pbo and make sure everybody has that .pbo

No no.

You place it in your documents/ArmA Other Profiles/Karazy folder. A regular JPEG named as Face.jpg. This will allow your to use it in the game, chosing 'custom face' in your player profile.

Just make sure its under 100kb (to be safe make it less than 90kb) when you use the 'Custom Face' method. Otherwise, it wont be used by the game and you'll run around with a completely white head and arms.

And to clear up the last part of the riddle Karazy:

The jpeg file will be transmitted when connecting to

a server so that others can see it too wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

...and u might see kicked from server message, because ur facefile is too big for the server...

Visit armedassault.eu for lot's of different faces in our gallery.

so i just need a picture of myself and i am ready to go?

I got a "kicked from server" message and my face.jpg is only 56k.

It's an 8 bit JPG with meddium compression.

Any suggestions? crazy_o.gif

Go back to your profile and chose one of the original faces and rejoin the server. The server probably kicks everyone who has 0< KB custom files.

Sgt Gul,

You need a pic of yourself from front and side (top and back helps too) and some photoshop skills. Then use a template (have a look at speeder's link) to work your face into and you'll get the general idea from there.