Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire43560

Ok i got Unified Artiller mod andWGL 5.1

Now WGL 5.1 says they highly recommend the unified artillery mod so i got it. But that has its own launcher. Which launcher should i use?? I want to play WGL WITH the artillery mod but im confused.

You can copy the UA addons into @wgl5\addons or make a shortcut with multiple mod folders:

flashpointresistance.exe -mod=@wgl5;@coc

I copied the addons from the COC folder and pasted into both the WGL addon folder and the core addons folder but it didnt work sad_o.gif. evertime i try to launch a COC mission from WGL it wont load. Gives me an error about mising objects

You shouldn't need to move any files or have any of them in more than one place.

Should go like this:

1. Start with clean OFP Resistance 1.96 install, with nothing additional in the addon folders.

2. Copy in the @WGL5 and @COC folders into the main Flashpoint directory.  (Or run the installers if available which will create the folders.)

3. Create a shortcut pointing to:

flashpointresistance.exe -mod=@wgl5;@coc

This should work...

Probably want to reread the readme for both mods, just in case either conflicts with anything I'm saying.  Check specifically if either mod has any requirements for other addons.  I installed them so long ago I don't recall.

I doubt it, but it's possible COC UA does not need any other addons, but the example missions do?  (if so, likely other COC addons?)

If that still doesn't work, you may need to go get the editor103 addon.  Lots of addons need this one but don't mention it, because it's become more or less a standard thing that people tend forget about.

Good luck. smile_o.gif

Ok the target line in the shortcut properties for WGL is as follows:

"D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5

so what should it look like if i wanna add the artillery mod? What should i add to it? Thanks btw

no problem...

Make a copy of your WGL shortcut, and put this:

"D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5 -mod=@COC

Here's another syntax that achieves the same result:

"D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@COC

But the main thing is you've got to have everything in the right place, folder-wise, and make sure you aren't missing any required addons (or have any extraneous addons that are causing you conflict).  tounge2.gif

EDIT:

I haven't used WGL alot... maybe someone can answer this.  Does WGL specifically utilize the original version of COC UA?  If so maybe WGL is not compatible the latest version of COC UA?  No idea about this really, just a stab in the dark.

Ehhhh... the latter is definetly not true. Used WGL 5.12 with COC many times (Zeus games), and it has worked fine.

What's the addon that's missing? Maybe it isn't even included in the COC (v1.1 or what?).

Dragonfire - you started 3 pretty similar threads, in the wrong section. In future, please be careful where you post.

Also, questions should go in existing thread topics rather than creating new ones.

I will leave this thread open, but I'm closing the other two.

Major Fubar, may i ask you something?

Do you drink much? this goes in the OFP forum and not the ArmA part. biggrin_o.gif

Very odd - I could have sworn I moved this and the others to the OFP: A&M section.

And yes, I do drink a lot, but not tonight... wink_o.gif