Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

Quote[/b] ] Topic: ArmA is just ... awesome!, Share all your positive feedback here

14 pages...

Now granted a lot of these 53 pages are people trying to answer back at the critics, might I suggest your time would be better spent making the positive feedback thread look a little more lively instead of trying to argue against that which can't be argued against (opinions, people, opinions). For new visitors to this board the first thing they see is a 53 page negative comment thread and a 14 page positive comment thread, get things into perspective folks.

But you forgot to count the photography thread, video thread, and all the editing and modding sections of the forums. They have more posts than this thread nener.gif

Not everyone bothers with these dumb threads.

They're totally unrelated, what you've got here are people trolling on a blind crusade to prove others opinions are wrong, which is simply impossible to do. If someone doesn't like something you can hardly argue that they're wrong.

For new visitors to these forums all they'll see is one very short positive feedback thread and a long negative feedback thread, do you think they'll stick around to find out for themselves? Well I guess the answer is in the sales figures, hardly breaking any records is it?

Quote[/b] ]Topic: ArmA is just ... disappointing, Negative experiences and complaints

53 pages and counting.

Quote[/b] ] Topic: ArmA is just ... awesome!, Share all your positive feedback here

14 pages...

I think we can do without someone dragging this comparison up every 3 pages or so, yes? icon_rolleyes.gif

...and yes, unless you have something constructive to answer criticisms with, to help people enjoy ArmA, please keep your posts restrcited to the ArmA is Awesome thread.

Quote[/b] ]Topic: ArmA is just ... disappointing, Negative experiences and complaints

53 pages and counting.

14 pages...

I think we can do without someone dragging this comparison up every 3 pages or so, yes? icon_rolleyes.gif

...and yes, unless you have something constructive to answer criticisms with, to help people enjoy ArmA, please keep your posts restrcited to the ArmA is Awesome thread.

rofl.gif

Lets be honest though, its the best piece of evidence ever rofl.gif

53 pages and counting.

14 pages...

I think we can do without someone dragging this comparison up every 3 pages or so, yes?  icon_rolleyes.gif

rofl.gif

Lets be honest though, its the best piece of evidence ever  rofl.gif

Dissapointing has 234 different posters (including those who are there for troubleshooting and just stirring up discussions because they dont agree with something), Awesome has 133, then the difference is suddenly alot smaller, and considering whining is done faster then saying something is awesome i would say the evidence sucks ass. icon_rolleyes.gif

53 pages and counting.

14 pages...

I think we can do without someone dragging this comparison up every 3 pages or so, yes?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Well my apologies, I've been keeping an eye off and on the 2 threads since I got the game and I can't remember seeing it mentioned every 3 pages but maybe I just missed it icon_rolleyes.gif . My point was a constructive (believe it or not) suggestion for those that want to put a positive spin on the game to do it in the other thread instead of inciting arguments that can't be won in this thread. Help and advice on technical issues is fine but trying to argue against an opinion is just plain stupid.

Hello I am new.

My family is very poor.

My father and mother had to save and save to buy me a copy of Arma.

I ate 2 meals a day instead of 3 to help fund my copy.

I lost much face when my father saw the low quality of what I had asked for.

I feel disillusioned and let down as my only other game is Hello Kitty Island Adventure that my sister plays.

Do you live in South Park by any chance? Post screenies of Hello Kitty Island Adventure plz ^_^

Do you live in South Park by any chance? Post screenies of Hello Kitty Island Adventure plz ^_^

My fathers drinking habit takes the money we could use towards cable tv and I have only heard about south park at school when other children talk about it.

I hope to one day afford cable tv and watch Nick at Night. I saw it while staying at my cousins house, when my mom and dad were taken to the jail for domestic violence.

53 pages and counting.

14 pages...

Well my apologies, I've been keeping an eye off and on the 2 threads since I got the game and I can't remember seeing it mentioned every 3 pages but maybe I just missed it  icon_rolleyes.gif . My point was a constructive (believe it or not) suggestion for those that want to put a positive spin on the game to do it in the other thread instead of inciting arguments that can't be won in this thread. Help and advice on technical issues is fine but trying to argue against an opinion is just plain stupid.

Just don't bother and drop it efefia; it's not worthed and it's long ago proven this is a Sisif's work here.

TO be honest my hearth is in pain to see ArmA on my PC running ! .

First of all the feeling aint there !!! . I like OFP more then ArmA .

But ArmA is also fucking up OFP .. There are no servers or no players left for OFP !!

ArmA is runnig slow , laggy and shitty on my pc . and i have enouf hardware power to ensure u .. !!8800GTS for god sake !

I am disapointed in this game . I read the news of a Codemasters OFP 2 and i will be trilled to see what they will make of .

I played 6 Years of OFP and tonight am giving it up.

I had enouf of this big bullshit .The game is not good enouf for me and a bunch of people

OFP was old , silly , Easy to fly but that was fun ! . The gameplay was fast ! thats gone in ArmA .

OFP will be in my hearths forever but ArmA will soon be forgoten .

Towars Codemasters i would say ! i hope they will keep the gameplay and give us a NEW OFP !

Thankjs

My fathers drinking habit takes the money we could use towards cable tv and I have only heard about south park at school when other children talk about it.

I hope to one day afford cable tv and watch Nick at Night. I saw it while staying at my cousins house, when my mom and dad were taken to the jail for domestic violence.

Nick at Night is overrated man.

ArmA needs punkbuster end of story the C43373|25 are ruining the game.

Consider yourself PRd indefinitely for spam, until you can give us a good reason to let you post again.

To all those who responded to the spam, please don't contribute to this sort of thing. Report it to a moderator then ignore it.

I'm not going to get into a debate about this here, but it's a simple, proven fact of business that you are far, far more likely to hear from a disappointed customer than a satisfied one.

The disparity in the sizes of the "Arma is Disappointing" and "Arma is Awesome" threads really isn't necessarily the conclusive evidence some of you seem to think...

...now can we please drop this particular line of discussion, as it is not the purpose of this thread. Feel free to air your grievances about the game, but let's drop the whole "metaforum" discussion please.

I'm asking politely. Once. wink_o.gif

Fair enough.

The single player campaign is weak to say the least, system requirements to get the game running so that it looks like a game released in 2006/7 instead of 2003 are ridiculously high, AI is terrible (shooting 5+ npc's consecutively that all go prone in the middle of a road after the first goes down), the flight model is so bad it should never have been released in the state it's in. Kinda says it all when tanks fly more efficiently than the choppers and planes (it's a bird! it's a plane!..... no, it's a T72!wink_o.gif The one saving grace this game should have had was the multiplayer but of 4 people I recommended the game to only 2 of us can get it running at all and we both suffer inexplicable ctd's that no one seems able to fix plus if we ever did get everyone together on a multiplayer server from my experiences the fun wouldn't last long before some little kid with no life comes along and crashes the server with hacks due to the exclusion of any anti-cheat software with the core game.

To conclude, yes it's easy to bitch and whinge especially when you have so much ammunition to do it with. Ciao.

I became more disappointed yesterday, playing the campaign, got into a striker, drive drive drive, noticed about 20 enemies, switched to the gunner position and started taking them one after another. Some of them only managed to go prone, not even one had the idea to run to the nearby cover.

They did not have a RPG, so they were just looking at me, going prone and standing up, sometimes just walking 3-5 steps waiting for me to kill them. All 20 of them. How sad!

I have great fun playing ArmA online with friends. That said the more I play it the more I see how unfinished it is. A masterpiece in waiting possibly?

I have downloaded many of the community mods that are exceptional IMO but it still doesn't make up for the fact that the basic framework of the game still feels somewhat lacklustre.

Doors that do not work, Vehicles that although effective are extemely basic and have an unfinished feel about them.

I still enjoy the game a huge amount and it still has great potential for fun. Comparisons to VBS2 although a moot point are often brought up as simple things such as a loaders hatch in the M1 Abrams and the tracer rounds all show what the engine is capable (even if VBS2 was developed by BIS Aus?).

It's a great game and a lot of fun still but just not polished enough. The announcement of ArmA2 just make me feel that this was a giant Beta test and I am probably not that far from the truth either!

ArmA2? I see, so ArmA1 was just a resource gathering project for AmrA2. No more patches for ArmA in that case.

It is still fun to play, anyhow.

So I dont go off topic: I just experienced that bridge problem. Had 5 abrams in a mission, they were supposed to cross a bridge, but they just could not make it...

Have no fear though, they just drove down, in the river (BIG river), and managed to get out on the other side. Self learning engine? smile_o.gif

Serious bugs:

-Some vehicles cannot pass over bridges.

-AI in large groups cannot pathfind properly from one WP"A" to another WP"B"

-Too much 'clipping' in between many objects.

-Targeting in turret equipped vehicles is done with main hull/chassis of the vehicle causing poor visual effects.

-Due to lack of feedback from the developers, it has not been established exactly 'which hardware' will run Armed Assault in 'Very High' settings.

-Visual quality is effected by seemingly 'opposite of intuitive' settings i.e.: Setting resolution higher makes the game run better.

-(More of an annoyance) Some commands and options in editing ArmA do not work, or have been disabled.

Well armaVidz,

Theres a saying, from where i come from "better take youre hourse from under the rain" Because it aint stopping soon.

fortunatly Bohemia struck a gold mine, Made OPF the most versatil game ever, the best tactical/fps/simulation ever. ( VBS were sold to Security companies/ and probably government security agencies around the world as training simulators) people just dont throw money out of the window. the simulator/tactical/fps as to be worth something.

Yes they did it. but not before 9, or more, patches released to correct the issues. (Well this was the first of its kind, maybe i should go easy on this one).but Later on.comes ArmA.

Well everyone expected to be brilliant, And they threw it out to the "Opf" community as a payed beta testing version?, couldnt even run in most PCs. (i feel sorry for those poor b*st*rds who pre-ordered. i must say i was tempted.). It was a long wait till 108 patch, wich still doesnt come close to make it a stable game. (i cant play or edit missions for more than 30min without happening some "8007000e" ctd.

Im not asking to correct all gliches in one go, but buying a product like Software product, wich is a piece of engeniering as complex as... say... a 20 story high bulding (why not?). Would you buy a flat there with missing doors or windows, or part of the roof ! you cant take a leak without your umbrella, because its rainning there?!. it simply smells as money thrown to the fire.

Now we have a new player. Codemasters, I havent seen sh*t from them, execept that exceptional vague, very short, full motion picture... and Bohemia is releasing ARMA 2 just to be on some vague race! and what about us? the customers?

Us the costumers, wich by the way are the same community, wich are developing, not only freeware addons to make the game more interesting and apelling, but alot of your late to come corrections (the EVOLUTION MP Campaign even as an option to FIX THE HEAD BUG!!! for cry not loud!!wink_o.gif, and we are expect to buy "ARMA 2" a year from now?, being that what? ARMA with DX10 and 1.10 patch and running only on VISTA?

I know im not spreaking for everyone, i guess there are alot of us, who buy the dam thing just by its cover color.. donno...but i think there are some questions that should be asked!

How much is ArmA 2?

Are we expected to buy our own paches in the near future?

If so how much for the 1.9999 pach for Arma?

I like the game, but the frequent bugs, gets me fustrated.

I hope bohemia pays very good attention for there marketing policy.

Ventura.

Totally off topic and please don take this offensively but I love the way that Eastern Europeans and Russians use the English language, it's hard to describe, there's so many grammatical errors but it's still so easy to understand. I love you guys, I want to move to Eastern Europe, anywhere but then again I am slightly drunk yay.gif

we love you too and invite to Poland!

just kidding nener.gif

btw. what about patch 1.09? will it be relased or the game stay be shitty?

I'm not going to get into a debate about this here, but it's a simple, proven fact of business that you are far, far more likely to hear from a disappointed customer than a satisfied one.

The disparity in the sizes of the "Arma is Disappointing" and "Arma is Awesome" threads really isn't necessarily the conclusive evidence some of you seem to think...

Not been funny here, but what about the lack of people playing on the servers then? I think that shows how diappointed people are. Take CTF/DM for example, loads of people played these maps in Ofp, And no, its not because its old hat that they don't play this type of map anymore, you only have to browse these forums to see its all about the Animation/Transitions.

This game is ruined by silly player movements. I know this, because i know alot of people from Ofp who say the same thing.

You forgot the rest of my quote:

...now can we please drop this particular line of discussion, as it is not the purpose of this thread. Feel free to air your grievances about the game, but let's drop the whole "metaforum" discussion please.

I'm asking politely. Once. wink_o.gif

I have dropped my whole line of bitching about the many small things wrong with Arma.  Partly because that even got old for me, and partly because there are worse problems now.

Sure people have thier gripes.  But for those that put them aside and play, things are getting progressivly worse.  When a server is able to gather 20 players for a game, it becomes the target of "greifers."  

In OFP a cheater could be identified, kicked, and banned.  There would be a minor disruption, but normal play could resume.  The ability in Arma to halt play, and clear out a server is far more disruptive.

I play ArmA because the alternatives don't stack up.  But if I can't play on a decently populated server without constant game ending disruptions, the alternative is a locked server.

That option is less appealing because it reduces the poplutaion of players, and limits the introduction of new ones.

I expect that people are willing to put up with faults in a game, IF they are able to actually play it without some 12 year old coming along to ruin it.

You forgot the rest of my quote:

I'm asking politely. Once.  wink_o.gif

Major, why dont you yourself add something substantial to this discussion? We can all bitch 25 more pages but for what? Is this some kind of a free market research scheme? If so, let it be, but give us some feeling that we are being heard.

Therefore, since you are most probably working for BIS, can we expect another patch OR we will be forced to buy the expansion pack OR maybe even ArmA2?