Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Non Blinding sun/ Damage textures upgrade

Okay I got it together I think. This isn't a beta but it probably isn't the final version. Please read the readme if you are unfamiliar with .pbos, I think I did an okay job of explaining it.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror : DOWNLOAD Non Blinding sun/ Damage textures upgrade [10,4 MB] from FTP#1

Download @ www.armed-assault-zone.com

Download @ Armaholic.com

hdr1.jpg

dam4.jpg

If you can't get it going please don't flame me! lol  inlove.gif

(first to reply yay)

AWSOME YOU'RE JUST AWSOME!!

sorry for caps...

Love you're work, can't wait for the other releases!!!

Edit/ Quick question, how many vehical models does this replace?

Yeah, nice job Sakura-chan....I like the sun glare thru the trees!

smile_o.gif

OOHYAY!

i cant wait to get out my job and test it thumbs-up.gif

i will upload to to RS for the sakes of stable dl smile_o.gif

update equal crappy RS mirror:RS link

Edit/ Quick question, how many vehical models does this replace?

none, it just replaces the damage textures. BTW I forgot to mention that this should work with all full versions of Arma.

Well, I like the current BIS effects for the sun, so I'm not changing them, but I must say your damage textures are a shiteload better than the BIS ones, all respect to them. Finally, the vehicle hit with a few grenades doesn't become a relic soaked in salt water for 20 years.

The new foam looks quite OK too, a little bit more realistic.

downloading now ! these look really nice, is there any way to have just the damage textures without the new sunflare. when i first played , the original sunflare it annoyed me but now iam used to it. .

great work, they look and work perfect, they even fixed a bug by me, earlier the burned out textures disapeared all the time, they don't do that anymore thanks...

I don't know how complicated it is to do, but it would be great if they burned out in time, starting with your textures and at the time the fire stops the veichle will be totaly burned out, that would be a great effect.

weeee yay.gif

thank you! smile_o.gif

"Note: this **DOES NOT** give you "uses modified file" messages in multiplayer" (me like it)

edit: Fecken A!! tested and its great! i only need to test the "streak glow" now!.. i like what i see!

inlove.gif

The sun effect is excelent no doubt about it!

I just think that while the vehicles are on fire they should get that burnt effect after a while and they don't (yet).

Can you fix that?

Thanks a lot for this addon!

I extracted the ca.pbo and done the file changes. I just can't find a tool to repack the pbo. The cpbo by Kegetys does not work at all in my system. Can someone point me to a tool to repack the ca folder? Thanks.

cant i just throwm the folders in the .zip into a mod folder only or do i need to cpbo ?

This is really great work. I am definatly going to install this enjoy this a lot

Thanks!! thumbs-up.gif

great, but can you provide screenshots with the difference between '6star' and 'streak glow'?

i also would like to know what the seafoam textur changes... i havent noticed it ingame.

great idea, but does not work for me.

i have tried both ways - addon and editing the original, but no change from stock.

i am running the new 1.07.5157 build.

crazy_o.gif

Works fine here even with 1.07.5157 build. smile_o.gif

Great to see vehicles without concrete wheels smile_o.gif

well, if you are using the beta, better to unpack the ca.pbo from beta folder, replace textures, pack it and overwrite ca.pbo in beta\addons or make a new mod folder, remembering to add the path to the beta launcher, placing the new modfolder after "mod=beta;...... -nosplash

will try the streak later on, the 6 star is fine wink_o.gif, the sea foam makes the white foam less visible, i like it.

Quote[/b] ]well, if you are using the beta, better to unpack the ca.pbo from beta folder, replace textures, pack it and overwrite ca.pbo in beta\addons or make a new mod folder, remembering to add the path to the beta launcher, placing the new modfolder after "mod=beta;...... -nosplash

That's what I did smile_o.gif (but without a modfolder, works fine)

Here is a small vid to show you the difference between the 2 sunflares :

http://www.mediafire.com/?09yeoc1g0bn (4Mb)