Sign in to follow this  
JdB

INVASION 1944 now officially CLOSED

Invasion 1944 has decided to close once and for all. Unless several miracles happen, the mod will not return.

TheEnd.gif

As of the middle of 2005 we have not been able to recruit nearly as many new active addonmakers as we had hoped and needed in order to complete our projects. We had hoped that the release of Armed Assault would see a renewed interest in the subject of World War 2 from both addonmakers and players, however this proved to be a miscalculation on our part when planning the Wacht am Rhein project. A [survey] conducted by us has shown that there is still a large fanbase for this theme, so we would like to wish other WW2 mods the best of luck in realizing their plans.

We got requests from two teams a while ago to allow them to use the "Invasion 1944" name. Since we feel that this name is largely the ownership of former mod members such as (but not limited to) Marcel, Jojimbo, Sussmori and Ashkaban that have shaped the mod, unlike many others that have led us down over the years with nothing more than empty promises, we cannot allow anyone the usage of the name. OFP content can be used and/or converted without contacting us, as long as "Invasion 1944" is credited for the used items. Please do not ask us for any content other than what you've been given in the Oosterbeek Alpha release, we simply do not have anything else than what is included in that release.

We would like to thank everyone for their interest and support since the beginning of the Market Garden project, and on those projects started by team members before our personal participation in the mod.

We do want to continue working on mods (not necessarily WW2 themed) for Armed Assault with a majority of the members we have left, probably by joining another mod, but as of yet we have no idea which mod this will be, we'll see where the future takes us.

Winters (Mission/campaign-maker)

Canukausiuka (Scripter)

JdB (2D/3D)

Mr. Penguin (Mission-maker)

Joffre257 (Mission-maker/researcher)

Good night, and good luck wink_o.gif

The Invasion 1944 Team

I would also like to request a moderator to close the current work in progress thread located [here].

Posted to OFP.info/Armedassault.info first, thanks for all the support Cervo + others notworthy.gif

So if I understand correctly... You stopped working on the minimod "wacht am rein", but you will still make addons for arma with the same modteam?

Oh no, you was one of my favorites in OFP times.

Good luck for the future for all of you

Sad to see it end like this...

Remember the times as mod on the i44 forums...

Hope to see more work in the future from the talented team!

Thanks for everything! thumbs-up.gif

It's sad but its true, guys. The few of us left just can't make a mod all on our own. sad_o.gif

If anyone does desire to convert the OFP I44 to ArmA, please let me know. I'm more than willing to help on such a project from a code/script perspective.

Canukausiuka (coder/scripter, occasional mission maker/voice actor)

I wish you all good luck in future

And a note that I also helped I44...my friend/boss Sussmori (sp?) was not mentioned.Can't forget him

Oh the ol memories (wipes tears from eyes)

No you can't do that huh.gif.

I hope a team will be able to have the same talent than yours one in Arma.

Regards,

my friend/boss Sussmori (sp?) was not mentioned.Can't forget him

Thanks, I knew one was missing, but I couldn't come up with the name though I've mentioned him inside the team so many times.

I'm really sad to read something like this, about a MOD I once joined, which grew to one of the largest MODs around the OFP scene. My thanks go out to the guys who still tried to keep this mod alive and going! I know you guys did your very best, and I know how hard this can be...

For me, this was (and still is) a big chapter in my life which I will never forget... goodnight.gif

Goodbye to everyone

Marss911 out*

I44_Breakdance_3.jpg

Football_ofpgamezone2.jpg

Shorttrack_Anim.jpg

damn sad_o.gif

Sad to see you go as I really enjoyed all your work!!

Lots of respect from a fellow former (small-time) addon maker notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I (as Mr. Penguin) hope that once the tools are out the mod can start anew. I had a blast working on ofp campaign and I wish greatly to see it through into arma. The guys mentioned are fantastic and thanks for all the work smile_o.gif

nooo damn thats sad i liked the ww2 demo you made and hoped for more content. confused_o.gif oh well hope someone else takes the lead and continues with the spirit.

I HATE MY LIFE!!!

i was really waiting and hoping for that mod =(!

banghead.gif

Such a shame huh.gif to hear this news, but im sure we shall not hear the last of the Inv44 members, good luck too all of you in your future projects smile_o.gif

JdB I wouldnt give up so fast on the mod just yet. Armed Assault had only been released in the U.S. this month, which is not nearly enough time to expect new members. I don't think you should just call it a wrap so easily. I'd at least keep it around and launch a recruitment campaign, it will take some time.

JdB I wouldnt give up so fast on the mod just yet. Armed Assault had only been released in the U.S. this month, which is not nearly enough time to expect new members. I don't think you should just call it a wrap so easily. I'd at least keep it around and launch a recruitment campaign, it will take some time.

I've already explained someone that talked about something almost identical on the Armedassault.info forums, so I'll just quote that:

Quote[/b] ]The project announcement was 6 months ago, 0 progress has been made since then, 2 recruitment attempts have not even yielded PM's showing interest, let alone given us new members, and we had 1,5 addonmakers left (one having little time). The mod wasn't going anywhere (hasn't really been going anywhere since early 2005), so it was only wasting my time as well as the less than handfull of other active people that were in the team.

We just got to a point where we saw no other alternative that had even the slightest chance of success, after 6 years of constantly changing projects and constantly changing teams the mod has just reached the end of the line.

After reading alot of comments on armed-assault.de about Invasion 1944 only having released a demo, and having worked since 2001 on the same mod and still not having released: we started the Market Garden "Phases" project in mid-2004, and released an Alpha of Phase 1 - Oosterbeek [in German], [in English].

Misinformation has been just one of the many problems over the years, as well as a constant annoyance...