Sign in to follow this  
EvEnLeaSe44

The A-10

The OFP addon A-10 by I think it was Deseil, was far better in terms of balanced weapons.  It may not have been as perty, and the cannon may have been too powerful....

But at least it carried a realistic assortment of weapons.  No bomb's on the A-10 is like a girl with two different sized boobs.  Having a big boob in one hand and a little boob in the other...its all out of ballance and it ruins the whole experience!

The OFP addon A-10 by I think it was Deseil, was far better in terms of balanced weapons.  It may not have been as perty, and the cannon may have been too powerful....

But at least it carried a realistic assortment of weapons.  No bomb's on the A-10 is like a girl with two different sized boobs.  Having a big boob in one hand and a little boob in the other...its all out of ballance and it ruins the whole experience!

well hope they change that, anyway you could just put so many things on an A10, i wish it is possible to change layout within mission so that you dont need to have a Anti tank missle version, 2 mixed loadout CAS version, all bigass bomb bombardment version etc tounge2.gifxmas_o.gif

I heard in some movie they can empty the drum, if they need to, in less than 17 seconds.

(@3900 Rds/min it would take about 20 seconds).

And the loadout is not 1350 Rounds, just 1000 (according to FAS.org), which will reduce the time to 15 seconds).

Someone said jamming/overheating will occur after 3000 rounds ?!

A 2 second burst fires 130 rounds, in Arma this is reduced by a multiplicator by 5.

So the actual amount of bullets is, you may guess, just 13 and 26 respectively.

If I am wrong please correct me. My knowledge is based on a web search.

After testing the a-10 a few times seems there's nothing wrong with the gun 1 or 2 run wiht the gun and any armor is destroyed.

The only thing that may be done for the looks is import the gunsmoke

[imghttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/EvenLease44/a10.jpg[/img]

^^^^^ Once again wrong, they can also put bombs there, not just drop tanks....

but, back on topic, this is not about the fricken bombs, its about the crapy 30mm that bis/atari totaly screwed up.

*Psst*, the middle hardpoint isn't used in that picture. Just the two hardpoints on the left and right of it. wink_o.gif

we need a fighter pilot like this one

pilot.jpg

looks better in the A-10 smile_o.gif

Weapons:

The aircraft has 11 stores pylons, providing an external load capacity of 7,260kg. There are three pylons under the fuselage and the loads can be configured to use either the centre-line pylon or the two flanking fuselage pylons.

+ up to ten Maverick air-to-surface missiles.

+ the Sidewinder air-to-air missile.

A10 is capable of deploying a wide range of ordnance:

LDGP Mk 82 226kg, 500lb general-purpose bombs, BLU-1 and BLU-27/B Rockeye II cluster bombs and the cluster bomb unit CBU-52/71.

+ armed with GAU-8/A Avenger 30mm cannon (can fire a range of ammunition incl. API) magazine: 1,350 rounds and firing rate of 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute.

A10Strafing.jpga10_01.gif

how about a hidden model that only show up when pilot is entered? also makes the O2 mask to follow head anime movement?  icon_rolleyes.gif

The pilot model we have now should be changed in its entirety. The helmet is that of a "general" helicopter unit, not a fighter pilot. Adding a mask onto this model would look silly.

The pilot model we have now should be changed in its entirety. The helmet is that of a "general" helicopter unit, not a fighter pilot. Adding a mask onto this model would look silly.

thats why we should model them on to the A10 itself

i know its kind of BF2 ish but with Arma we could do 10 times better then that

+ armed with GAU-8/A Avenger 30mm cannon (can fire a range of ammunition incl. API) magazine: 1,350 rounds and firing rate of 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute.

You sure? I read that the gun was limited to 3900 rds/min and the loadout only includes 1000 rounds of ammunition. I could be wrong, but this is what I found the most on trustworthy military sites.

thats why we should model them on to the A10 itself

i know its kind of BF2 ish but with Arma we could do 10 times better then that

Ohh, I see what you mean now!

Yeah... the pilots model is sort of a let down. Having a true "fighter pilot" model, complete with oxygen mask, sun visor and G-suit would be brilliant.

You sure? I read that the gun was limited to 3900 rds/min and the loadout only includes 1000 rounds of ammunition. I could be wrong, but this is what I found the most on trustworthy military sites.

there is 2 speed for the GUA-8/A 1,800RPM and 3900RPM

I may be confused, but I do believe I read past accounts saying that the Low Fire Rate mode was disabled at some point in the A10's lifespan.

Quote[/b] ]According to some sources, the GAU-8 fires 1,800 rounds per minute, with the higher 4200 rd/min rate having been deleted in the 1980s. However, the A-10 can only fire in high rate, which is 3900 rounds per minute. Low rate went out with the use of the batelle gas diverting device, and although the A-10 no longer uses the batelle device, the limit on high rate only has remained, since it made no tactical sense to fire in low rate and have to spend that much more time on final to get the same number of rounds on target.

This is the excerpt from fas.org about the firing rate.

Is it even possible to add ingame shakyness when firing the weapon? I can imagine it being used for loads of different things.

Wiki reports 1167 rounds usually loaded, and both 1800 and 3900 rpm firing rates.

BTW for those using FAS.org... although very reliable, it is NOT a military source. Same goes for GlobalSecurity as far as I know.

Of course, but I trust more on FAS than on any wiki entry...Too many incompetent people write things they barely know.

I don't say everything is wrong, but it is not verified.

I'd rather ask a former A-10 pilot if I only knew one, before I trust load-outs mentioned on some internet pages.

On this page they mention 1350 rounds and a selectable firing rate.

I try to find someone who should know for sure biggrin_o.gif

As I said, usually loaded.

Quote[/b] ]The magazine can hold 1,350 rounds, although 1,174 is the more normal load-out

Propably to improve reliability or weight issues (one 30mm round weights over half a kilo, API projectiles lone being 425 grams), not sure; "half loading" is more usual in traditional magazine fed guns, though.

Ok, once the mod tools are out, ME... i will try to learn how to do this, and i will fix the damn plane my self, maybe add a couple more loadouts that can be changed in mission and not in editor...

But, it just makes me mad to think BIS/ATARI or any one would do this to its arma community..... Not finishing half there products in the game, A10, weapon sounds, all sounds infact, no MI24 hind??? thats a fricken joke.... No 7ton truck.. nothing... wth?