Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

No major LOD problems here (pretty much the same as 1.05) but the enviroment shadows are not rendered when set to "high" or "very high", but they do work when set to "normal".

The fog bug with the 8800 cards that was blamed all the time on Nvidia is gone with 1.07 and I don´t mean the distant one, but the one at closer range as well.

I´ve had 3 or 4 Stop BSOD errors in the 4h that I tested the patch.

C2D, 2GB and 8800GTX (165.01), XP Pro with SP2

hum 165 beta? i wonder if it fix the problems, and a BSOD, can you isolate the problem?

things is started to driving me go fu#kin crazy now crazy_o.gif

No the BSODs appeared pretty random but it seemed like they would appear when the LOD system was hard at work, swapping textures. The previous versions of ArmA were tending to CTD with the memory error in situations like that but I didn´t have that one with 1.07. I´ve had BSODs with ArmA before but they were quite rare, like once a week, so four of them in four hours did surprise me.

Still, the patch is worth it, even if it lacks stability. :thumbsup:

it seems we could put it simple, that 8800 is a piece of junk

i would try to isolate some problem other then texture lod crash blah blah blah to see if they really is the problem of my setting or a real bug

ATI here i come

crazy_o.gif

ATI here i come

crazy_o.gif

I don´t know if I would go that far, maybe you´ve had more problems with yours but I wouldn´t switch to ATI if I were paid. ArmA is the only game that had LOD related issues but by now its at least toleratable (for me) and every other game I can play with 16AF and 16AA smoothly well above 60fps.

ATI here i come

crazy_o.gif

I don´t know if I would go that far, maybe you´ve had more problems with yours but I wouldn´t switch to ATI if I were paid.  ArmA is the only game that had LOD related issues but by now its at least toleratable (for me) and every other game I can play with 16AF and 16AA smoothly well above 60fps.

nah i just tries to be a bit uptight tounge2.gif

anyway i will try to low some of the settings like AA to see if it improve things more(AF never cause me any problem BTW)

No major LOD problems here (pretty much the same as 1.05) but the enviroment shadows are not rendered when set to "high" or "very high", but they do work when set to "normal".

The fog bug with the 8800 cards that was blamed all the time on Nvidia is gone with 1.07 and I don´t mean the distant one, but the one at closer range as well.

I´ve had 3 or 4 Stop BSOD errors in the 4h that I tested the patch.

C2D, 2GB and 8800GTX (165.01), XP Pro with SP2

hum 165 beta? i wonder if it fix the problems, and a BSOD, can you isolate the problem?

things is started to driving me go fu#kin crazy now crazy_o.gif

No the BSODs appeared pretty random but it seemed like they would appear when the LOD system was hard at work, swapping textures. The previous versions of ArmA were tending to CTD with the memory error in situations like that but I didn´t have that one with 1.07. I´ve had BSODs with ArmA before but they were quite rare, like once a week, so four of them in four hours did surprise me.

Still, the patch is worth it, even if it lacks stability. :thumbsup:

karl write down the BSOD code and google it to find out what's wrong. It's probly not the game, u got some driver or hardware problems...

( biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif with 1.07 a miracle has happened, 8800's get loads of lod bugs, and we happy crappy HW owners get 40-90FPS and play without trouble. Maybe u need to roll back on the hardware smile_o.gif )

very what u can say happy now...dl patch installed abc for dummies ..patched got a error on campain.pgo or what ever its called..game looks more smotcher sharper ..had some few cdt etc but iam happy..so Bis good work keep it up champs...

1week left to by high end system is gtg inzanety to get a high end system but then again iam sexy

Note for everyone with missing weapons problem:

Remove any custom addons/mods and 99% some of them are cause for this.

I may be wrong but shouldn´t the "Blood, sweat and tears" mission be coming with the patch ? I am unable to locate it and even unpacking the campaign didn´t make it pop up.

My patch log is thus far:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Sprocket online verze

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.05...

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (4c660143!=b1662f28)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.05 to version 1.07...

I have the softwrap/Sprocket download version and that's what I picked. I don't think I changed ca.pbo... anyone know why it's having a mismatch? I picked "ignore" and continued the installation.

I downloaded the 1.05 (UK) version from Sprocket as well and I got that same error message.

I activated the new liscence for this patch and when I try to launch the game I'am getting this error...

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums....m-1.jpg

I've tried reinstalling the patch again and again and the same error comes up. It gives me this error and doesn't launch the game.

Has anyone from the Sprocket downloads had success installing the patch?

for the 8800's bugs:

In your ArmA.cfg modify the HDRPrecision from 8 to 16

smile_o.gif

i am using 32 right now, didnt test it on 16 through confused_o.gif

For some reason both humans AND AI, when disembarking a vehicle, from the gunner position, get injured by just getting out... huh.gif

WarWolf @ May 11 2007,10:36)]For some reason both humans AND AI, when disembarking a vehicle, from the gunner position, get injured by just getting out... huh.gif

issus has been addressed, dunno if it is on the BTS through

Houston, we've got problem.

This is error when my ArmA starts:

error1kd8.th.jpg

And second error in menu crash ArmA...:

img520....th.jpg

My specs:

AMD X2 3800

7900GS

1 GB RAM

ArmA version: Polish 1.05

Houston, we've got problem.

This is error when my ArmA starts:

error1kd8.th.jpg

And second error in menu crash ArmA...:

img520....th.jpg

My specs:

AMD X2 3800

7900GS

1 GB RAM

ArmA version: Polish 1.05

remove your addons

I may be wrong but shouldn´t the "Blood, sweat and tears" mission be coming with the patch ? I am unable to locate it and even unpacking the campaign didn´t make it pop up.

Probably not in the beta version:)

Removed addons....Problem still exist...

Quote[/b] ]Probably not in the beta version:)

Damn the version differences pistols.gif

Just rechecked and it´s mentioned in the 1.07 proposal by Maruk, but than again this isn´t 1.07 but 1.07 beta. confused_o.gif

Can anyone pm me a link to that mission ?

AMA 1.07

8800 GTS

driver 165.01

vista 32

i did this smile_o.gif as snake22000 wrote

Quote[/b] ]for the 8800's bugs:

In your ArmA.cfg modify the HDRPrecision from 8 to 16

and it looks perfect like before biggrin_o.gif

now off to do some testing. biggrin_o.gif

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,18:39)]Help? I installed the 107beta as before, no errors on installing. Have the 505 UK version DVD, ATI graphics Asus 1950Pro. Latest drivers on that.

When I run the beta with the shortcut it gives this error and won't run...

'arma.exe - Unable To Locate DLL'

'The dynamic link library XINPUT1_1.dll could not be found in the specified path....etc.'

The DLL is NOWHERE to be found on any of my disk drives. What is it? Where can I find it? What is it a part of?? Nor can I find and similarly name xinput* dll on disks either.

Help?? help.gif PLease don't tell me that it's XP or Vista only... I run Win 2000......

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

The Problem is that he uses Windows 2000 (as I do). I get the same error and I get similar errors with other games, that are not compatible with Windows 2000.

I would have a question considering this. Can we expect that w2k compatibility will be restored in the final version or not? I know w2k users are probably a small minority these days so I understand if developers don't bother about it. But I just wonder what we can expect if anything.

that prob has been fixed check out [WWS]WarWolf post on page 15

ah ok thanks. Totally missed that. But the second link with the fix doesn't work. I'll try to find it on the net.

Removed addons....Problem still exist...

you need to reinstall the patch

Graphics don't work with my sprocket update (did the @mod "beta" instead of the .exe in the beta folder, sprocket wont work with that), everything is all blue with a white line in the middle.

Please take a note on AA, AF and Shadows!:

Allthough those are different bushes it's same effect on both. FPS varies in ~3 frames from shown here and there!.

Settings (High): http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2117/podesavanjaze3.jpg

12211617tl2.jpg

15135228ma0.jpg

38656647tc6.jpg

On the other hand huh.gif

Settings (Disabled): http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4986/podesavanjalowve7.jpg

1lowgz6.jpg

2lowzv6.jpg

3lowoc3.jpg

cpu: AMDVenice 3000+ (@2.5GHz)

mbo: Gigabyte 8KNF9

gpu: Galaxy 7900GS 256MB(@570/790)

ram: 1GB Kingstone 2x512MB

-------------------------------------

All latest drivers, defraged, clean win.

Drivers 93.71, Image Quality on Performace all otpimizations ON, Super and Multi sempling OFF

EU 1.07+

Ohara said:

Quote[/b] ]Drop of FPS in vegetation is caused by overdaw, it means that grafic card is not able to draw so many pixels that scene needs. When GC draw scene, it automatically cut hiden pixels, BUT only if this pixels are not alphatransparent. Vegetation is builded from polygons with some opacity textures, so this cuting (early Z test on HW) not work here. There is no simple solution, better performance will be with low shading detail settings (simplified pixel shader), but overdraw is still there. Also using of worst LODs will not help so match, because less polygons means worst tree shape aproximation and final surface (what is most important for overdraw reduction) will be similar. We are still woring on some research in this area.

huh.gif

I say, every other resolution then 1024x768 will eat you!...since I have LCD 17" any other res. then natieve one looks ugly as hell.

turn shading to normal or low, it greatly reduce lag around bushs

That post processing on High pic is correct imho. It is simulating you focussing thru the scope view on whatever object. Anything close to you outside that scope view will indeed be blurred. That is not fugly imho, it is freaking cool and ingenius.  Just my op of course.

i would agree with you...if the view inside the lens would be focused, which isnt crazy_o.gif