Sign in to follow this  
maukings

m107 recoil crazy unrealistic in game

proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtzk8HNPzHY

I don't see his weapon aiming at the sun after each shot  icon_rolleyes.gif

Ugh..why do soldiers always post their, "Cool Guy," videos on Youtube?

Its not about coolness, it about a realistic recoil.

ArmA - "the ultimate combat simulation" should use realistic recoil values.

Instead of the ones it used at moment.

I highly doubt those guys posted that video on Youtube so we could reference it for ArmA.

Anyways, I agree that the weapons generally have a stronger than normal recoil, but imagine the people who would criticize even that?

"Weapons have too much recoil!" would turn into "Weapons don't have enough recoil!" You know?

Well in case of BI, i would rather reduse the recoil.

There is always a option to do it right or wrong.

Redusing recoil is not much work and is the right thing.

And no real veteran soldier would criticize this step.

Only little 18 year old boys, which never fired a real bullet, think a AK74 can break your shoulder. tounge2.gif

proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtzk8HNPzHY

I don't see his weapon aiming at the sun after each shot icon_rolleyes.gif

Ugh..why do soldiers always post their, "Cool Guy," videos on Youtube?

Its not about coolness, it about a realistic recoil.

ArmA - "the ultimate combat simulation" should use realistic recoil values.

Instead of the ones it used at moment.

In ArmA when soldier fires M107 he doesn't need to fix forexample his elbow back to correct spot and build good bodyposition after each shot, like in that cool vid... wink_o.gif

Yeah, it's nice to see "proof".

And oh yes! We are having this "the ultimate combat simulation"-debate once again yay.gif

Also smoke effects ala WGL are missing for the 50cal sniper... wink_o.gif

About recoil animations in ArmA: They are way too slow. It simply doesnt look real.

Tracer and how they work in ArmA: crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

my point is that this is something that should and could be fixed easily.

Which will be one of the Many Things the community will change as time goes on. I'd rather BIS spent time to add a feature or fix more bugs than tweak things that are always going to be criticized and can/will be changed easily by the community in up coming Mods that will promote more realism than you can handle. "You want Realism! You can't handle The Realism!".

AK74 was most stable weapon because of it's gas brake on the end of barrel

now much better is AN94 ABAKAN

but BIS made AK74 more kicking than US weapons which is not true and not realistic, thats why people who create addons and mods make their own recoils

in real life there is no comparision between very light and kicking M4 and heavier AK74

in game M4 is better than AK74

recoil is not the only one not realistic thing

in game US weapons have better accuracy and longer AI distance of fire

real effective fire range for M4 is about 350 meters in game 400

real effective fire range of AK74 is 500 m, but in game 400

in game AKSU74 has the same characteristics as AK74 which is not true

many things to improve to addonmakers wink_o.gif

@Gecko1969

I rather have 5 correct working weapons instead of 100 more or less buggy ...

New features won't make the game much better, only tweaks and fixes.

Btw... how much mods were played online in OFP.. and how much mods are played now in ArmA?

The way I did it was to hit the ground, zoom in on the target, place the right dot on the right spot, lie still, press "v" to remove sight, and then shoot!

cause then your scope falls exactly down on the target again and you can THEN again zoom in.

@Gecko1969

I rather have 5 correct working weapons instead of 100 more or less buggy ...

New features won't make the game much better, only tweaks and fixes.

Btw... how much mods were played online in OFP.. and how much mods are played now in ArmA?

Uhh OK. If you feel new features are not important then I can respect your opinion, but I think you will find yourself in the small minority of people.

Of all the features in VBS2 that are not in ArmA even some of the smallest would have more people wanting them added (especially if this would be something very hard or impossible of the Mod community to do) compared to issues about recoil that do not break the game by any stretch of the imagination.

I understand if it's too hard for you to cope with having to compensate for excessive recoil and if that ruins the game for you then I do feel poorly for you.

Big picture though. Most folks would love to have more VBS2 type functionality, better FPS, smoother graphics, etc.

Not sure I follow what you are asking in the last part about Mods. As the US release is just now going out the door I would say it is rather amazing how many mods there are for ArmA now and it will only get better and more variety once the tools are released. And many of the Mods are coming from OFP and many rock!

about those recoils, every person has a different amount of recoil. For some it will be greater, for others less. Just depends on the way you handle the gun and have muscles, the way you are standing. Every person is different, and so also the recoil.

It's a simulation, not reality, so if they choose to let your aim go up 2cm higher or less it's their decision. Now if the developper shot that gun for the first time, he doesn't know how the recoil behaves, and such it would be bigger.

The recoil effects in ArmA may have been chosen partially for game balance.

I agree about balance - if the M107 dIDN'T have massive recoil when crouched/standing, then it would become essentially an ubercannon- like a rapid-fire version of the railgun from Quake 2. Combine that with the crosshair view and it would be pretty much unstoppable. It's already kind of ridiculous at close range while prone/crosshair-viewed.

Balance should be left as the concern of map makers. If the anti-materiel cannons have ridiculous recoil for balance, why does SLA have weaker tanks and cars than USA and why is the SAW such an übergun?

Balance should be left as the concern of map makers. If the anti-materiel cannons have ridiculous recoil for balance, why does SLA have weaker tanks and cars than USA and why is the SAW such an übergun?

Indeed, just call some artillary/air support on that guys head.. tounge2.gif

Also, theres no difference in characteristics between the G36A,G36K,G36C. Which seems hard to believe tounge2.gif

And yes recoils are way over the top, if you even just narrowed it down a little bit BIS you'd have a winning recoil unlike most games over the top no recoil. tounge2.gif

That's not for you to decide.

My reason for bringing it up was that the realism argument isn't going to do any good if the balance issue is an essential component of their decision making process.

Not to mention the lack of standing SAW Recoil... smile_o.gif

That's not for you to decide.

My reason for bringing it up was that the realism argument isn't going to do any good if the balance issue is an essential component of their decision making process.

And thus the question in my post after the opinion part.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ May 04 2007,06:17)]The way I did it was to hit the ground, zoom in on the target, place the right dot on the right spot, lie still, press "v" to remove sight, and then shoot!

cause then your scope falls exactly down on the target again and you can THEN again zoom in.

OMG... That's something...

Does it really work?? Have to check it myself...

i love it that all weapons have so noticable recoil compared to other games so it makes that i have to think and not only ramboo shoot spray even though i love ramboo shoot spray i feel much better when i burst n spray lill here and there in arma and get that long term tense feeling in a long fire fight. smile_o.gif

only thing i miss in arma is more different boats ships and civilian stuff and general stuff i can design out the enviroments around me. Also a Addon greatly missed is the Jam addon and add all a.i's with jam hd both mine and friendly watch a long firefight when the shoots doesnt always kill with 100% accuracy smile_o.gif