Sign in to follow this  
«JTF-2» Col. Black

Coop Server

smile_o.gif Hello!

I am one of your newest member, and this will be my first post. Sorry for my english cause my native tongue is french. smile_o.gif

I have been playing online games for about 3 years I would say, so it makes me, and correct me if am wrong quite a noob in that field. I <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>ONLY</span> play games like this one. Mostly military, first person shooters.

I play this game since 2 weeks ago, and I spend most of my times when not working, playing this game, so it means for many hours a day, for 4 days a week. And I really have to say, that I am very <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>DISSAPPOINTED</span>, to see what I am seeing with this game like any other games, similar to this one. It's such a <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>SAD</span> thing to see, what I see with this <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>GREAT</span> game, online. But 3 years seeing that type of behavior and gaming is a very long time, isn't it?

Mostly <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>LONERS, RAMBOS,</span>and I don't mention all the <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>RACISTS, and IDIOTS</span>, we meet online with this game and any other games similar to this one. I can't believe that any of these players seen everyday playing this game, have ever played a sport that regroups mostly<span style='color:"DarkRed"'>TEAMWORK</span>. Specialy people leaving in North america, that play or have played those kinda of sports.

I am not saying by the way that there is no player using <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>TEAMWORK</span>, but mostly thats what we see with games like this one: <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>ME, MYSELF and I</span>. Individualistic behavior that we see mostly in the civilian nature. If players would just stop for a couple of minutes of their playing time, and thing how <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>TEAMWORK</span>, and working has a WHOLE would change their results and the satisfaction, of accomplishing something  has a <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>TEAM</span>, they would probably I guess adopt it, well I guess so.... :icon_conf

I see also a lot od advertising of so called <span style='color:"Navy"'>Elite Clan</span>, stipulating <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>using Real Life Tactics</span>, and so far, I did not se anything of that except for some groups of players, in rare occasion, that were demonstrating some sort of coherence, and teamwork, playing this game.

I am a former military that have spend half of is life in an Elite Regiment in both Forces. The Canadian Forces (10 years) and I have also served (12 years ) in the French Foreign Legion. With so many years in the military, one of the reason I am writing this post, is to ask anyone of you, where are you guy's or former military, that play this game with so sort of <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>COHERENCE and TEAMWORK?</span>

So where am I going with this thread? Well am fed up of course has you can see here, playing this game over and over, and seeing and earing what I see online.

But before quiting this game or any other games similar to this one, I was hoping with this post, in a last attempt, to meet some sort of players using and acting like a coherent group of individuals, working and thinking has a group, and for the group <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>ONLY</span>. So is my hope to <span style='color:"DarkRed"'>HIGH</span> guy's? Well I will be the judge of this I guess, in the next few days. So will I wuit the game or not? Hummm.......... time will tell. :row__593:

Thanks for reading me!

A friend,

Black

Its strange becuase i see the exact oposite. When i join a coop server people r usualy working togther and if they have TS all the better.

Only The odd times you see noobs coming in and destroying everything, not oftern bacause they r on CTF and that. So im not sure which servers you go on.

And yes most clans/squads like to play relisticly but this is not real life so they arnt that strick with military practices.

Its strange becuase i see the exact oposite. When i join a coop server people r usualy working togther and if they have TS all the better.

Only The odd times you see noobs coming in and destroying everything, not oftern bacause they r on CTF and that. So im not sure which servers you go on.

HI!

I ONLY play COOP. I don't play any of those TDM, CTF, games etc, etc,, gunning, running, and ramboing. The servers am joining in all of them so far do not display any teamwork what so ever. Trust me I know the TRUE meaning of TEAMWORK and COHERENCE, mon ami.

Thank you!

Black

Hello,

I'm sure there are many clans about that will suit your needs in the Arma community.

But, in the wilds of the public servers there are alot of different types of players from the casual FPS'er to the miltary doctrine type player. So its better to play on a private server (many of which you can access the password to by just regging on their forums).

I think "6th Sense" does this. (or def used to, and they all nice folks)

Also,

Have a look here for squads:-

Squad & Fan Pages

It may take some time for you to find a clan you like, but perservere and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with Arma.

I also sometimes get irritated on pub servers, but ive had quite a few cracking games too.

rgds

LoK

Its hard to use team-work etc through just by typing etc alone with random ppl on servers!

As Matt says far more team work being in a clan/ppl you know and with the use of Teamspeak/Ventrilo smile_o.gif

Lo there,

Slightly OT here, but even if you dont have a mic, you can still have a damn good game, even though it does slow things down a bit.

So if youre shy or dont feel like talking, voice comms are not essential. (in coop PvAI play at least)

But they do help alot, and i wouldn't want to be in a PVP against those with good comms.

But In normal Coop I rarely use TS etc, as I have no mic and usually have a blast.

Rgds

LoK

Still with no Mic its good to join TS anyways becuase you can still listen to orders and people shouting Helicopter NE 020 and such which they wouldnt type.

well before you leave armA for good wait for it to be released in America. Theres gonna be alot more players and more selection. I'm thinking more than all of europe combined. I'm not exactly sure what the sales stats were for ofp.

Also i completely agree with ur TEAMWORK stance.

Come and play on our server and perhaps we can alter your point of view. We nearly always have an admin on, run teamspeak for all players be it clan members or public. We play coop I'd say 85% of the time. Running a well administered site is the way to go.

I believe that the word "teamwork" can be looked upon differently. Some consider "playing together in a group" to be teamwork, other demand specific roles and tasks to be teamwork.

Its fun to play in a team and work together in a casual game, but sometimes I would prefer to play in a more hard drilled "machine" where you never have to figure out where your teammembers are or/and what they are doing. If a team is drilled you do your bit and the rest are doing theirs as a team, teamwork.

edit: I wouldnt mind training contact drills and so on in MP, I have always missed that type of training. It would be a great feeling to execute something and everything is working as it should in the team. Casual gaming is ofcourse nice also, but there is so much potential and fun in drilling. Do it over and over again until the individuals work as a team. To bad I do not have all the time I want, else I would spend more time with arma.

Well anyway, I hope you can understand what I mean....

Hi Black. I saw you recently on a coop server.

I understand the frustration in getting some teamwork going especially in Evolution. The best way I've found is to be someone's lackey and not their leader. They take to it somewhat better. The primary difficulty is in communication.

I also invite you to have a look at our gaming group 4thIB (@ 4thIB.com, link in signature) as it might appeal to you. There are of course many others.

A former CAR guy eh? I had the pleasure of meeting a former Airborne regiment member at a field exercise. By the way, your english is fine.

Anyways if your looking for team work you really do have to find a good group of guys to play with. There are plenty of groups out there from realistic, to more gamey type groups.

hello,

again slightly OT but, yes Matt Rochelle (as well as others, as i scroll down)is correct, even if one is shy or micless, it can help to listen in. (its what i often do, do).

But regardless of mic voip there are still those of us (many, many of us) who like decent coop play.

I find, as I do play without the aid of voip or ts on the whole, that there are particular servers which are more suited to my style of play and as you get more and more aufait with the players who regularly play there, teamwork gets better and better.

I also peek at the players who are on a a particular server. (although I only seem to be able to see the first 5 or 6. Is there a way to nosey in and see all players?) And if i see folk i have had a good game with i will probably join that server.

For eg. if im having a quick play and i see, say =SAS=  or [Rifles] members on (although i only know one or two fleetingly) for eg (no offence for any i havnt mentioned) ill join that server over another.

There are also many independant players about who are damn good teamsters.

Just takes time to get to know em.

On the other hand, if I see clans/players who I know I dont get on with, then ill avoid that server.

Give it a chance and, like me, you'll have a blast.

Just remember, like going to a pub/club, you'll never get on with everyone, just dont let one or two idiots spoil arma for you.

rgds

LoK

since Evolution is a big P v AI CTI that means it is one of the hardest to find Teamwork through out the hold mission and thats the nature of these type of mission as the map is too big for a full platoon with complete chain of command, while set of solid objectives, mission based COOP is the easiest to find teamwork and use RL tactic (and that kind of map could be quite large scale too)

quick one..

absolutly agree with 4 in 1.

Evolution is damn good, but other (especially no respawn coops) are brill for decent teamwork.

rgds

LoK

It seems that no ID is shown when you press "P" and check player info. We had an asshole with the nick "Mr. Loyd" wrecking a RTS4 by constant team killing. There was somehow no way to ban this prick permanent. There should be a way to make such a mothaf...s PC explode in his face by voting pistols.gif

You can get his ID by typing "#userlist"

I really do miss no-respawn coops. Respawn is what makes ArmA in BF2 frankly. The trouble with respawn isn't necessarily just the non-fear of dying but also the fact that you break unit cohesion very quickly and mission makers tend to make the mission way too hard to complete without dying.

Mmh what i actually don't like in MP:

If you play maps like berzerk's series, there is every time more than a half of your team camping and sniping on some hills but no-one wants to capture any flag...this disappoints me sad_o.gif You try to respawn and want to capture another section but your matess are leaving you alone on the battlefield and my soldier is gonna die soon...

2nd thing i want to mention is that the speech of the players is very strange if you ask someone e.g rfrm your team, there will be no answer and if a player starts a "flamewar" i leave the server. I never seen this behaviour in any ofp mp matches, but it seems to be caused in the new generation of players confused_o.gif

I think some of the terrible behaviour is because this game is still fairly new. As ArmA gets older the community will probably become more mature.

@Col. Black: I suggest you join a clan, you will get so much more enjoyment out of the game that way. Voice Comms and people you know make for much better teamwork, less deaths and makes the game much more fun. That way you can trust the people you are playing with and not worry about them TK'ing you or being retards.

Personally for Coops I run a private server for my half dozen mates.

On occasion I will venture onto another server but dislike playing if the gamers are not using teampseak.

DOH! The good old userlist works? I thought the huge MP buddy browser should do the job? Wasn`t in OFP also with "P" the ID visible?

And I must agree, respawn makes every map to an odd FPS.

I guess most of the old OFP coop clans still hold their breath for a bugfixed and stable running Arma before they will switch to Arma completely.

Most of them still keep playing OFP until Arma reaches a level of playability and stability that is acceptable for them.

i hate when servers force me to only look in 1st person view but thats just me tounge2.gif or when there is almost no chatter in the chat biggrin_o.gif i usually maky my missions with group respawn so you respawn into a a.i soldier of your group so as long as you have a.i alive in your group you have a extra life but if you play slobby or things get messed up and you are the only one alive its to bad no more respawns tounge2.gif

MP forum is a better place for this thread.