Sign in to follow this  
Michael_Wittman

Newbee cant manage Stryker Gun

Well the tittle says it all. I dont know how to use the guns on the Stryker wether its the Mk19 or the .50 CAL. Can someone please tell me how do I operate it?

Thxs in advance.

My personal 15 first days with this game has been love at first sight. The scale of the game is amazing, the behaviour of the choppers, and the different equipment avaivable is yay.gif

Weather and ilumination effects are inlove.gif

My wishlist,

- They should fix graphic performance for ATI users

- Fix tank ballistics. I never saw a single tank to tank shot ricochet off. Even more..the other day I saw I guy blow up a T-72 by shooting him repetily with the Mk19 from a Humw at 300m. Other thing is that it takes 3 AT rocket shots to destroy a tank no matter angle...its the same if you catch the tank from a height directly over him or from a side, front....

- Implementing phisics should give one more point in realism.

- Make another way to trow hand nades...currently you cant drop a nade 0,5m from you....like for example the other side of a wall.

- Give more sensibility for grenade launcher now its really difficult to say where the nade is going to fall (thats a pity when you spot enemy patrolling in tight formation)...and also it looks like it have some kind of maximum range no matter if you are shooting from a height.

- For sounds...I would implement eco for sniper riffles...If you ever shot a riffle in the opening you know what im talking (even more in hills). Tanks and arty should do eco too but I never saw a shot of them live.

- Implementing mortars could be cool too (or even vehicles with mortars).

- Add a damage level in wich you walk with a limb and not directly sneaking.

- Dont let AI see trough brushes and tree leaves.

I think thats all.

P.D. Congrats for the game notworthy.gif

You dont know how to use the guns on the Stryker ?? huh.gif

Oh well...

1. Get in Stryker as gunner

2. Press "V" or Numpad "0" to activate scope

3. Press "+" and/or "-" to adjust range

4. Press "F" to choose the right type of gun (7,62mm or 25mm)

5. Press left mouse button to fire

cheers! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Other thing is that it takes 3 AT rocket shots to destroy a tank no matter angle...its the same if you catch the tank from a height directly over him or from a side, front....

Actually I did a test and it took me less round to destroy a T-72 from the rear and side's.

And if they didnt took it out since OFP you can also disable them by shooting the barrel, makeing the tank only able to fire 1M infront of it.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 26 2007,08:35)]You dont know how to use the guns on the Stryker ?? huh.gif

Oh well...

cheers! smile_o.gif

3. There is no optical zoom adjustment range on the Stryker ICVs.

4. There is no 7.62mm weapon on the Stryker ICVs.

Besides that you are right on.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 26 2007,08:35)]You dont know how to use the guns on the Stryker ??  huh.gif

Oh well...

cheers! smile_o.gif

3. There is no optical zoom adjustment range on the Stryker ICVs.

4. There is no 7.62mm weapon on the Stryker ICVs.

Besides that you are right on.

There's no 25mm either, [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R] doesn't know what he/she's talking about.

[CS]SOBR[1st-I-R] He?

Always thought 'HE' was a she?  smile_o.gif

Fine whatever... (orignal post edited).

So, to be clear, you get in as the gunner, you activate the optics by pressing v, then you cap bitchiz like it ain't no thang.

Whats the point talking about my sex ?

I didnt even use the Stryker once in ArmA ... thats why I didnt know its not even equipped with a cox MG.

heh heheh heheh hey Beavis heheh she said sex.

If you shoot a tank in the tracks, it will start beeping and the crew will jump out. It's not destroyed, per se, it just can't move. So after the crew ejects, it poses no harm to you anymore and you can enter it yourself. biggrin_o.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ April 27 2007,00:19)]Whats the point talking about my sex ?

I didnt even use the Stryker once in ArmA ... thats why I didnt know its not even equipped with a cox MG.

The regular stryker ONLY has a 'coax' machinegun. It's a browning 50. It's a good vehicles. You can hit behind stuff and shoot over obstacles without exposing a mm of the hull.

Quote[/b] ]heh heheh heheh hey Beavis heheh she said sex.

Swoop

If you don't have anything intelligent to add then don't post.

Hoz

The regular stryker ONLY has a 'coax' machinegun. It's a browning 50. It's a good vehicles. You can hit behind stuff and shoot over obstacles without exposing a mm of the hull.

Coax is colloquial slang for 'coaxial'. How can a 'coax' gun be coaxial to itself, if it is the primary armament?

Coax is colloquial slang for 'coaxial'. How can a 'coax' gun be coaxial to itself, if it is the primary armament?

Ergo the quotes.

Ergo the quotes.

shinRaiden is right on that one - you just can't use the word "coax", quotes or no quotes, when referring to a vehicle's main armament. You could say "coax" if it would refer to a secondary armament of a vehicle (that would also be used for some purpouse with regards to the main armament, as in target ranging/ballistics/whatever). Just my 0,02€...

Thxs for all the answers....I had to set keyboard to default and re-config it again...coz I set the V for flaps down and removed the conflict..

Now I can use the Stryker WOAH!

shinRaiden and [ZG]BUZZARD, reread plaintiff1's last two posts and the quote he's referring to. plaintiff1 knows what 'coax' means.  wink_o.gif