Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Spyder

Shooting from LittleBird

So, I was thinking today, when you got those 2 guys sitting on each side of the little bird, why are they not able to pull up their rifles and shoot at enemies? I think it'd be a kewl idea for some modders/editors to maybe try and create? OR, has this already been done in a mod or currently a WIP type thing? Back to ArmA! pistols.gif

I don't know, why don't the soldiers fall off when you bank hard? This is a little more relevent to the reality of that situation than being able to shoot from a wobbly, shaking, vibrating and gyrating helicopter with your submachinegun.

because they are tied up. U notice a little hooks or so on top of the soldiers sitting in LB??

I quess that's how they do IRL, I have allways wondered how the hell these guys manage not to fall of when flying hard, and the only

solution in my mind is that they're tied to the hooks on top of em'

because they are tied up. U notice a little hooks or so on top of the soldiers sitting in LB??

I quess that's how they do IRL, I have allways wondered how the hell these guys manage not to fall of when flying hard, and the only

I think they are some kind of sticky cloth on their bottom wink_o.gif

I was under the assumption that those tethers were for stretchers but that makes sense.

edit: bootneck officer, I was just referring to banking and strange flight behaviour seen online... not normal flight like a light bank turn.

as far as im aware, they also have velco patches on their trousers, so when they sit down on the benches (which have the corresponding velco on) they stick enough so its easier to stay on, well as the fact that centrifugal force will keep u on it anyway when turning

bootneckofficer

There is certainly no velcro involved, nor is the framework above the bench used for attaching troops to (its purely for fastropes).

As far as I'm aware, MOST of the time, troops in "cargo" on an MH-6 are not attached at all, and violent maneuvers are not permitted (so no knife-edge turns at high speed).

IF troops do connect to the helicopter, it is via the small loops circled in the pic (sorry for low quality, looking for a better one)

lb.jpg

via Carabiners like this:

carabiner%201.jpg

As for the whole firing from the benches thing, yes it SHOULD be possible, but it is not a commonly practiced procedure. Fire is normally held until departing the aircraft.

there was already a huge thread on this a couple of weeks ago. would be nice to see, especially in MP, if it's hard to shoot from helo's then it will be modelled that way and its use will be limited but atleast the function would be there, besides in the old thread we established that people do shoot from helo's.

Centrifugal force keeps them from falling out. Helicopters generally move fast enough to keep your butt planted pretty firmly. Even with really steep banks centrifugal force will easily keep you in place.

As for strapping yourself into a little bird, you don't. I'm RL army and air assault qualified (Hueys, Black Hawks, and Little Birds). The only one you ever "strap" into is a Black Hawk because they have a few rows of seating inside the bird itself. The rest don't.

I personally wouldnt go into LB, without seatbelts.

@deadmeat, I see ur point, that makes alot more sense, but im still

very suspicious that u can actually stay on ur seat without any seatbelts...or these guys are just: crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I've seen it done in Operation Flashpoint by a very good friend of mine.

It was never released though, and is surely lost.

Arma-s engine has limitations that make this very hard but people are working on it.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61522

check this vid out, seems that cargo gunner can be done:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61522

there's a vid wich shows a guy shooting SAW from LB.

If they can do it in COD 2, then why not in arma?? COD 2 did it, that u can move freely inside vehicles, and that would be sweet. When implementing working cargo doors for APC's, 1 could give cover/suppressive fire indside stryker, and there rest of team could board somewhat safe into vehicles. This would give a new meaning for Hot insertions/extractions/med evacs.

Because this isn't CoD2 but ArmA.

While it can be possible in that vid, you only see the first person view and not the 3rd person view. It could tell a lot if he showed a 3rd person view.

Because this isn't CoD2 but ArmA.

While it can be possible in that vid, you only see the first person view and not the 3rd person view. It could tell a lot if he showed a 3rd person view.

You mean this is not Joint Operations, but it is ArmA.

Really a pity that Joint Ops managed to include such a simple feature that every other game since should have included it and here we have our ArmA, so far still King of the Hill, and lacking such an elementary feature... sad_o.gif