Sign in to follow this  
OkitaMakoto

Hand Glitches Through UnderslungGrenade Launcher

It has been annoying me since I got the game. When you hold a weapon with an underslung grenade launcher, your hand glitches through the bottom of the launcher and goes right where your hand would be if the launcher were not there. It also happens to a lesser extent on rifles with an added rail underneath and some others.

It is not too serious, but it really takes away from the realism and screams "Hey, I'm playing a video game that can't work out its models!"

Love the game, but yeah, wish this could be fixed, any info on fixing this would be appreciated... It may have been mentioned before, but I couldnt find any mention of it...

so, they are updating the game but cant/wont do something as simple as changing a little hand position?

hmm... well, i hope someone with the knowledge gets on that when the tools arrive... it seems like it would be one of the first things noticed and fixed... shouldnt have even made it as far as the release..and to 1.05...

but yeah, i can live with it, and I will... but one can hope...

Think about how many animations would need to be re-done just so the hand could be moved down...

Think about it, all the standing poses, running, walking, prone, knelling, and everything else, and dont forget about all the transitions requiered then to go between them. huh.gif

See now why that wasn't done for release?

As i see it?- no big issue!

Its like ppl moaning bout the reloading animations!

Like what you doing looking at the reload anims??

Shouldn't you be looking out for enemies instead? wink_o.gif

wow... i didnt think people would get so defensive, i mean, sorry for wishing a product was a bit less glitchy... honestly, the hand is the least of my problems, it is just something that, in my opinion, should never have made it into the final build...

its not like im always watching it, but honestly, its pretty unsightly for a game based on realism... and its something ive never seen in any other game...

take it easy

ATI video card here without problems

The hand glitch isn't a glitch and shouldn't really be posted in troubleshooting section.This section is for problems in getting your game to run.

As stated even recently in the forums.The soldiers use universal animations so that it can pick up and use any rifle.

Can be modded and the soldier should be forced to only use specific weapons. And you will see this in Mods that people will make because often a WW2 soldier for example maybe have a flamethrower or mg that needs a custom anim for that weapon.

Let Bis work on more important things please

wow... i didnt think people would get so defensive, i mean, sorry for wishing a product was a bit less glitchy... honestly, the hand is the least of my problems, it is just something that, in my opinion, should never have made it into the final build...

its not like im always watching it, but honestly, its pretty unsightly for a game based on realism... and its something ive never seen in any other game...

take it easy

lol didnt mean to come across defensive wink_o.gif

You have a valid point! Although the game runs fine for me,sure others would like other things fixed before any of the anims!

As stated above sure when the tools become available someone will mod the anims! smile_o.gif

well yea its not really managable without major fixes id say.

in other shooters you also have glitching hands/fingers but only in the 3rd perspective.

for the first most shooters use a seperate arm model

which can be animated to fit the current weapon as the rest of the body isnt really seen in the 1st person.

in arma its different

if you look down you can see your feet etc etc.

this would mean youd need some new anims.

also this would mean you would need a whole set of animations just for one rifle... and this animation set would have to be set up for a bunch of soldiers.. and youll loose the overview pretty quick if you have 492 different soldiers for different weapons types..

there sure is a easier was around but thats up to bis.

theres nothing we can do much about it right now...

While its no big deal i agree with the original poster. I've read somewhere that distinct weapon anims were now possible.

They could have made them based on weapon class.

AR

AR+GL

SMG

MG

Rifles (M24)

I dont see it like a priority or anything but if it was considered and made it would have been nice smile_o.gif.

While its no big deal i agree with the original poster. I've read somewhere that distinct weapon anims were now possible.

They could have made them based on weapon class.

AR

AR+GL

SMG

MG

Rifles (M24)

I dont see it like a priority or anything but if it was considered and made it would have been nice smile_o.gif.

I agree here. I mean, i dont need a different anim for an m16 and also an m4...

You could just get one for all rifle classes, all assault, all grenade launcher... they would line up pretty well.

its fine if a hand glitches a little bit, like, at the fingers, thats just minute... but when your hand sticks between the launcher and the barrel...thats just absurd..you know?

im not trying to be a dick when i say people were defensive. i totally understand how it might not need to be fixed right away, but when i show people the game and try to "sell" it in a way... people see that and what are they supposed to think? you know?

I really just think it would help the game out in those ways... right?

confused_o.gif

Okita

Quote[/b] ]when i show people the game and try to "sell" it in a way... people see that and what are they supposed to think? you know?

If they can't let a little animation issue pass then how do you suppose they're going to deal with all the real glitches?

so, they are updating the game but cant/wont do something as simple as changing a little hand position?

hmm... well, i hope someone with the knowledge gets on that when the tools arrive... it seems like it would be one of the first things noticed and fixed... shouldnt have even made it as far as the release..and to 1.05...

but yeah, i can live with it, and I will... but one can hope...

Oh they could do it, but then all the non-GL weapons would float above your hands... is that any better? Would you prefer that instead? Because that's the only way they can do it, since all weapons share the same animations.

Oh they could do it, but then all the non-GL weapons would float above your hands... is that any better? Would you prefer that instead? Because that's the only way they can do it, since all weapons share the same animations.

WHAT!? how terrible of a game would that be??!! i hope that isnt true, if so, how do they deal with pistols? anti tank?

there IS a way.. there has to be.

im not saying its terrible of them to not get on it, im just suprised..

not EVERY gun shares the same animation. if it did, thatd be awful...

WHAT!? how terrible of a game would that be??!! i hope that isnt true, if so, how do they deal with pistols? anti tank?

not EVERY gun shares the same animation. if it did, thatd be awful...

Well, they'd need to institute an entirely new weapon class and animation class. If they were going to do that they may as well do that for all the other weapons with clipping too, but I doubt it's going to happen. My advice to you is to get used to it.

not EVERY gun shares the same animation.  if it did, thatd be awful...

All rifles have the same animations, all ATweapons have the same anims and all pistols share the same anims.

Its usually like this in other games aswell, but in those games you dont see the animations in first person because they use some kind of 2/3d overlay. Thats why all those games feel like you are 2 flying hands with a gun. wink_o.gif

i understand that, i know they use a 3d style/full body... but what i dont get is how people are like "omg, they dont need to fix it"

yeah, take your time, i was just putting it out there... i just fail to understand why people are so defensive and lax about this getting fixed... (i can live with it, and i will... i guess theres no need for further discussion, seeing as it would be SOOO hard for them to do it.....)

surely they have animators who could get that done in no time..

Its not just animations, it would require engine changes too.

Right now units can only one 'set' of animations, so if you want different rifle-holding-animations you should use a different unit per type of animation.

i understand that, i know they use a 3d style/full body... but what i dont get is how people are like "omg, they dont need to fix it"

yeah, take your time, i was just putting it out there... i just fail to understand why people are so defensive and lax about this getting fixed... (i can live with it, and i will... i guess theres no need for further discussion, seeing as it would be SOOO hard for them to do it.....)

To be honest, it's a minor thing in the scope of arma bugs. If it was the only bug (or rather, lack of feature), then it would most assuredly be fixed. Let's look at the sentence very literally. The do not need to fix it. It would be nice, but when you're talking about putting in new features there's alway lots of concessions you have to make. Like, is the labour or money available to continue developing, how much will it affect the netcode or information transmission, what else needs to be adapted in order to integrate the new feature, etc. For this, I would imagine that the impact wouldn't be so great but I would also imagine that the team involved in engine changes has its hands full right now!

well, i've already reported it as bug on bugtracker some time ago. I'm also annoyed by it, so your not alone.

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=1869

vote for it and leave a comment if you want wink_o.gif

I agree with "ArmA has some other problems that need to be fixed first" but truly said its a work for about 3 minutes to fix it (if someone who knows what to do, will do it.)

Nobody's said it's not bothering being limited to one set of anims, but we all understand it's a non-feature and not a bug, and therefore we patiently make requests and hope BIS finds the time to add this after the real issues are solved. It would be excellent for addon makers especially if weapons could have their own set of anims, unfortunately it would require a LOT of work on behalf of both BIS and said addon makers.

Well if you want to talk realism, how about lets get rid of the russian dance that is the crouch. The only time my legs and arse are ever in that postion, is when i am seated in my computer chair that has wheels.

I really wish there was a key that allowed you to boot somone up the arse. When i see someone crouching and walking like this, thats just what i want to do.