Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Tracer

Can anyone who can post a video of the tracers and how they look during the game?

Thanx smile_o.gif

Already in progress ... will take a while though. 12 minutes of rendering left + uploading + waiting for youtube to get it live.

edit:

Download .avi version (77.8 MB)

Pretty nice but may you could do something like Solus did in the SLX Mod and give Tracers only to weapons and/or ammo listed in an Array.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Weapons, ammo types, magazines, and sides that fire red tracers. List side or ammo type twice with "ALL" at the end of the second entry to have tracers for every shot.

//SLX_RedTracers = [WEST]; // Tracers on all west units.

//SLX_RedTracers = [WEST,"WESTALL"]; // Tracers on all west shots.

SLX_RedTracers = ["M240","M249","B_762x51_Ball","B_127x99_Ball","Sh_120_SABOT","B_20mm_AP","B_20mm_AA","B_25mm_HE","SLX_B_556x45_T"];

// Weapons, ammo types, magazines, and sides that fire green tracers. List side or ammo type twice with "ALL" at the end of the second entry to have tracers for every shot.

//SLX_GreenTracers = [EAST,RESISTANCE]; // Tracers on all east and resistance units.

//SLX_GreenTracers = [EAST,"EASTALL",RESISTANCE,"RESISTANCEALL"]; // Tracers on all east and resistance shots.

SLX_GreenTracers = ["RHS_12_7mmGun,RHS_30mmTwinGun,B_762x54_Ball","B_127x107_Ball","Sh_125_SABOT","B_23mm_AA","B_30mm_AP","B_30mm_HE","SLX_B_545x39_T"];

I think that would be a pretty good and very easy solution and then you can init the script with a Trigger:

Size 50.000

Activated by: any

on Activation: {[_x] exec ""\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs""} ForEach thislist

Well just a suggestion. biggrin_o.gif

You can set it up now with a trigger, but it will give tracers to everyone. But it wouldn't be too hard to write a second script to decide how to call the tracer script.

Something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this select 0

_weap = primaryWeapon _unit

?(_weap == "M249") : [_unit,3] exec ""\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs""etc.

thanks people... especially on activating the script via a trigger, never tried that before. will certainly reduce time to put all those text in the init fields.

@snkman

i think it can be done. will see how it turns out. i started this project because i love to see the colourfull night these tracer made, thats why i nver thought about which weapon will usually have tracers tounge2.gif

so i'll see what i can do about it. though rite now im on holiday and my ARMA comp is not here..heheh. so have to wait.

problems:

i have problems that maybe u guys can help me out. currently, the tracer version that i uploaded that have ricochet, i drop particle(the ball tracer) every 0.01 secs. so if u fired through bushes, trees, forests, at certain angle sometimes u wont see the tracer. so i made another version, without rico effect, and the tracer will be visible at any angle even if i fired thru bushes or trees or whatever. though no ricochet effect. so my question is how do i detect if a bullet has hit the ground or not? then i can use the "if alive" thingy to determine if the bullet has ricocheted or not and drop particle again if necessary.

thank you. hope u can understand

Can anyone who can post a video of the tracers and how they look during the game?

Thanx smile_o.gif

Already in progress ... will take a while though. 12 minutes of rendering left + uploading + waiting for youtube to get it live.

edit:

Download .avi version (77.8 MB)

nice video and great music in the background... kataklysm *rockin'*

as far as I know all weaons use tracers to improve situational awareness on the battlefield, including rifles etc.

Obviously this does not include weapons such as pistols and sniper weapons/silenced weapons where it would defeat one of the weapons strengths.

I LIKE THIS!! wink_o.gif

Congrats m8! inlove.gif

edit: i would like to ask if its possible to change colors of the tracers. could be another parameter wink_o.gif

when using this script to AIs they fire green tracers and it kinda sucks.. i would like to be able to change colors.

Thoughts please smile_o.gif

i think theres a bug in version 1.12

Put the following code in init soldiers

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,5,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs";works fine.

Now add an empty stryker and put the following code in init

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,1,2] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs";the 1st code mentioned will not work anymore on the soldiers. As if the 2nd code replaces the 1st.

So the soldier tracers are now set to 1 shot instead of 5 shots.

And stryker tracer shots are set to 1 (as it should be).

PS- I tought i could use different setting for different vehicles and weapons. huh.gif

@bravo6, i'll look into it... thanks for the report

now v1.13 ready to download

no bug fixes as yet, just add new features like snkman suggested, where only certain weapon will fire tracer round. rifles wont have the tracer. thanks man. if you still want to have tracer on all weapons, u can still do so. more details in the readme. hope no new bugs emerges

http://centipede.4shared.com

@bravo6, i'll look into it... thanks for the report

now v1.13 ready to download

no bug fixes as yet, just add new features like snkman suggested, where only certain weapon will fire tracer round. rifles wont have the tracer. thanks man. if you still want to have tracer on all weapons, u can still do so. more details in the readme. hope no new bugs emerges

http://centipede.4shared.com

nice!

hope you can fix that issue i refered above, would be super if you could find the prob.

Pretty nice job Mr_Centipede thumbs-up.gif

first of all, great work mate! thumbs-up.gif

but is there anyway to activate the script in a trigger?

i tried what snkman suggested:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x] exec "\cent_tracer\cent_tracer.sqs"} ForEach thislist

but that gives no effect (anyway, i`ve no idea about scripting confused_o.gif )

so any help would be appreciated.

i just updated to v1.14 to fix the bug bravo6 reported. though later i found out the script lag so much if in big firefight. so i suggest to stick to v1.13.

v1.14 just add something like 2 unit can have different parameters as bravo6 suggested.

i dont know much about scripting, so i dont actually know how to optimize the script.

to sauron:

first, put trigger on map.

then, make it big (the blue round thing) by putting axis a and b to 5000 or whatever.

thirly, select activated by anybody (default to none, i guess thats where your problem was)

finally put the script on activation line

that is all

i just updated to v1.14 to fix the bug bravo6 reported. though later i found out the script lag so much if in big firefight. so i suggest to stick to v1.13.

v1.14 just add something like 2 unit can have different parameters as bravo6 suggested.

i dont know much about scripting, so i dont actually know how to optimize the script.

to sauron:

first, put trigger on map.

then, make it big (the blue round thing) by putting axis a and b to 5000 or whatever.

thirly, select activated by anybody (default to none, i guess thats where your problem was)

finally put the script on activation line

that is all

just downloaded..

ill try it tomorrow and see how much it lags wink_o.gif

don't worry too much.. when people find this usefull they will focus on this idea and they will optimize it. maybe without the need of more scripts.

nice work you've done. thanks

Keep it up, community apreciates

it lags alittle at start but it stops lagging after a while.. and i think its kinda insignificant.

I noticed that when alot players use the code, i also mean enemys the glow doesn't work properlly, as if the script don't run sometimes..

anyway i like these tracers. and i think the original ones are fake.

@bravo 6

yes i agree... it lag so much then, no tracer coming out... right now i played with v1.13, put loads and loads of infantry rushing to each other in open plains, at 1830H, played as a civvie, when the bullet starts flying, hit the dirt ( you dont want to get caught in the crossfire :P ) and watch the tracers flying over your head, over the side, everywhere. it was beautiful, and yet scary...

played as one of the soldier, it was nerve wrecking... tend to shoot every flash i saw in front of me... to bad ARMA does not simulate suppressing fire very well...

Centipede, nice job on converting Wolfbanes tracers! We're one step closer to some awesome tracers!

You should look into the Swedish Forces Pack (v4) for OFP and convert their tracers as they are MUCH better than Wolfbanes.. I believe they are the same ones in the SLX mod for OFP.

You can find the OFP mod here: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....h;48440

thanks.. i'll try to look at it. never came across this one before in my OFP times...

but i think maybe they will port this one themselves?

I believe (from what I was told) the team broke up and had parted ways.. I don't think any of them will be making a return as a group..

You're our only hope Centipede! biggrin_o.gif

hi, me again...

i was playing around with the trigger and it seems to work but something strange happend. while i see your tracer every fifth shot, there are also the standard bis tracer every shot huh.gif

anyone had this too? it`s not related to the trigger, happens also i`ve i start the script from the initline (i`m improving my scriptingskills, yay! biggrin_o.gif )

yes he hasnt disabled the original tracers - if you want to do that you have to edit the config yourself - you need to change the colour settings for each ammo type (in the format x,x,x,x) to have the last number as zero, making it transparent. There are two colour settings, one with the letter R beside- i think that one is the one which gets used when you have tracers set to realistic, so you can turn the tracers on and off with a button once you've done this.

Quote[/b] ]yes he hasnt disabled the original tracers - if you want to do that you have to edit the config yourself - you need to change the colour settings for each ammo type (in the format x,x,x,x) to have the last number as zero, making it transparent. There are two colour settings, one with the letter R beside- i think that one is the one which gets used when you have tracers set to realistic, so you can turn the tracers on and off with a button once you've done this.

doesnt sound to difficult, but witch config do i need to edit? help.gif thanks for the help anyway!

btw: i would really like to see the slx-tracers in arma, those are good looking inlove.gif

Thats just every round a tracer round. Most of the time its 1 tracer and then 4 normal rounds if im not mistaken...