Sign in to follow this  
hoot

goArmA

banner.jpg

Hi folks,

The Storied Veterans are celebrating their fifth anniversary this week.

In the course of this happening, the VetLabs have released goArmA - launching all the gear, their new project, to the worldwide community today.

goArmA is an One-Click-Multilauncher, that fulfils almost every desire, and offers a little more than the other ArmA-Launchers do.

goArmA combines Armed-Assault, TeamSpeak and TeamSpeakOverlay in a single startprofile. Almost anything can get configured and combined with each other.

The tool uses .NET-Technology from MS and is absolutely freeware.

Familiarize yourself with goArmA and watch what goArmA can contribute:<ul>

[*]16mb medium quality (wmv9)

[*]

Download from here:<ul>

[*]goArmA.com

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Synopsis:</span>

Arma – Settings

- select almost any known parameter the game can start with, or assign new ones

- select, delete, add, or open custom-faces in external editors or rather programs

- select, add, copy to clipboard, delete, or validate squad-xmls with your favourite browser

Gameserver-Settings

- create, save, load settings from a generated serverlist

- fully featured serverquery , disclosing many details

Custom-Sound-Settings

- create, save and load sound profiles

- validate the sounds with external amp or rather mediaplayer

Mod-Settings

- show all mods available in the ArmA rootdirectory, that are marked with the well known mod-delimiter @

- alter files or names by double clicking a single mod (opens explorer for further actions)

TeamSpeak-Settings

- create, save, or load profiles

- copy serverdata (adresses, port and stuff) to clipboard

- serverquery, disclosing many details

- support for superadmins (send messages, kick or ban users)

TeamSpeakOveraly-Settings

- customise startparameters

- show TSO username (further settings available in the global settings menu)

More Features

- non-fully tested VIeSTA support

- create your own goArmA skins (almost rudimental, as it is in alpha state)

- install routine

- multilingual support (currently DE and EN available)

- goArmA updates at ease

- parameter support:

<ul>

- nosplash (start goArmA in editmode)

- noculture (start goArmA in english)

- nostyle (support for windowed OS 2000)

- autoupdate (force autoupdate check on start)

- logfilesystem for errorreports

- readable xml structures to ensure exchange with other tools

__

mail.png

http://www.goarma.com

http://www.storiedveterans.de

Great tool m8! It has so much needed options.I like TS profile function,soldier equipment and all-in-one profile,plus as u said it has all the functions of standard Launchers. Nice LIVE switch. Great stuff. wink_o.gif

Thanks folks.

We'll release an update soon, as we've experienced some problems when running goArmA on XP(x64). ArmA is installed to a different location in the registry on XP(x64), as an 32bit program. The problem is already fixed in the current goArmA repository.

Also some typos were found as well as some minor bugs regarding saving serverpasswords, which will be saved apart indeed, but not displayed.

Once the update is ready and an updated version of goArmA is released, your goArmA will update itself when autoupdate is enabled (goArmA settings or via parameter), otherwise you need to update via the regular update function (check for updates) within goArmA.

Besides the hotfixing, we are looking for some people to help us translate goArmA into more languages, pls PM me in case of you're interested.

Cheers

How to support Multi-languages?

he just said;

Quote[/b] ]... we are looking for some people to help us translate goArmA into more languages, pls PM me in case of you're interested

Nice work BTW Hoot

Doesnt seem to install with Vista.

Get an error code 2869.

I will try another download and try again.

TIA

Yep, due to the lack of presence of VIeSTA here, nobody was able to check it out (our MSDN:AcademicAlliance subscription does not include VIeSTA yet and nobody is going to install Betas voluntarily wink_o.gif).

Regarding 2869:

http://blogs.msdn.com/mshneer....de.aspx

We are after it...

How can I get this to use the beta mod ? I have tried additional parameters -mod=beta; or beta or mod=beta but it doesn't work so I gave up. Good little app though will be better once patch official.

We are about to release a new version today. Version 1.0.41 will give you a chance to point to the exe, or skript you want start within the ArmA section of goArmA. Excactly for that reason wink_o.gif

Edit: The path to the app can be set via the global goArmA settings menu in version 1.0.41.

goArmA 1.0.41 has been released. Those with autoupdate enabled will get an notice once goArmA is loaded. All the rest march to the Homepage to get it there.

See a changelog quoted below.

Have fun and cheers.

Quote[/b] ]

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Installations under VIeSTA will fail due to: http://blogs.msdn.com/mshneer....de.aspx

Again: As we don't have the mood to buy VIeSTA or to install an VIeSTA RC, we need to count on what the MSDN is telling us about how to solve such problems. Please send a signal if anything went wrong again. Thanks.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Typos in errormessages and infopanels. There are maybe remaining ones.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] WinXP(x64) saves ArmedAssault inside the 32Bit Subsystem WoW (Windows on Windows) within the registry. goArmA stumbles when looking for ArmedAssault the 'normal' way, like with XP.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Serverpasswords are saved seperately for each server, but displayed as if there would be only one global password active.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Searching in the generated serverlist is case-sensitive, thus unfavourable.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Once a soundfile was deleted from a physical storage device, an affected goArmA profile could not get edited anymore. The action ended in a crash of the program.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] The content of the current sound file source folder, wasn't listed after performing a restart of goArma.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] A new sound file source folder was applied after cancelling the sound folder selection dialog.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] The default value of the sound file source folder selection dialog, is set to the last given or current source folder.

[*][fixed in 1.0.41] Sound profiles couldn't get modified afterwards.

[*][added to 1.0.41] Start external programs.

[*][added to 1.0.41] "Path to arma.exe" feature to let the user start betas or stuff.

__

mail.png

http://www.goarma.com

http://www.storiedveterans.de

Hopefully try tonight but has it been tested with the beta patch ? As the environment needs to start in the main ArmA directory and the exe in the beta mod directory as per batch file command string.

Will test later and let you know.

Thx Hoot for the update..autoupdate went smoothly and fast...very professional.

And YES it works fine with betapatch ( batch file),just choose under Options startbetapatch as ArmA executable and u are good to go.

Great work to Hoot and his team. thumbs-up.gif

Yes you can start the beta:

Move to goArmA->Editmode->Options->Armed Assault executable and select 'startbetapatch.bat' for example. I've just tested it, 2mins earlier.

You may also want to start Track-IR or any other additional program with goArmA. Then try the newly introduced 'External Application' feature. Any program selected there, will be started at first, just to prevent trouble with Track-IR. Afaik you need to start Track-IR before ArmA to have it properly working.

Edit: Damn Viktor was faster than me. It took me 10 mins for posting this. I'll carry the words over to the team - thanks biggrin_o.gif

hey there Hoot.

i was wondering if you could keep me posted on version updates, so i can inform listeners on the radio about these updates.

Would that be possible?

You may be able to run the beta patch but it doesn't then join the server you selected so it is just like clikcing the batch file which erm I may aswell click the batchfile.

Thanks anyways, i'm sure it will work with the real version.

Quote[/b] ]hey there Hoot.

i was wondering if you could keep me posted on version updates, so i can inform listeners on the radio about these updates.

Would that be possible?

Of course, sorry Jerry.

Quote[/b] ]You may be able to run the beta patch but it doesn't then join the server you selected so it is just like clikcing the batch file which erm I may aswell click the batchfile.

Thanks anyways, i'm sure it will work with the real version.

I can confirm this problem. Dunno whether we will find a smart solution before the next major upgrade of goArmA (brainstorming has just begun), as we dont want to promise heaven and earth. So i really can't give a detailed date. Let's handle it like the 'Duke Nukem' crew does since 10 years or so: 'It's done when it's done' wink_o.gif Also, it would be bad style to release updates with just one single bug fixed or one single feature added - it would become an update spree. For this reason, it is sad to have such a 'disfunction' with the batch script in goArmA, understandable, but try to live it until remedy arrives.

We would release a minor patch (minor fixes and additional languages), once we have found some volunteers, helping us to translate goArmA into more languages. Until now, there was only one single man from mp-ofp, from China, who provides assistance with translating English into Chinese. Anybody else? PM me!

Edit: I am kindly requesting help from folks with Track-IR. Pls PM me, as i have some questions regarding the device. Thank you.

Cheers,

Hoot

I created a Windows shortcut which works so if you are able to change the path of the executible but retain the 'start in' part then it should work. As follows:

TARGET: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -maxmem=512 -mod=FDF_Sounds;beta -nosplash

START IN: "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

The batch file just does this (apart from the FDF_Sounds part wink_o.gif )

I guess it is just a tweak ?

Note: The maxmem and first additional mod needs to go BEFORE the ;beta or it doesn't appear to work. Hope that helps.

After almost one year of silence we have brought goArmA to version 1.42.0.

A little late but goArmA is now fully beta-patch compatible and chooses the appropriate modfolder automatically. Also the strange behaviour of special characters in nicknames should be solved now, as we found out that BIS is using RFC 1738 for encoding strings. Finally we've fixed the minor things that were left behind since 2007. The plugin-api is working now, a slight documentation for interested devs will follow later, an example plugin (skype) will be released as well - asap.

Download now via goArmA's minipage!

Please report further bugs or suggestions on how to enhance goArmA to our forums. Or simply send a mail to info[at]goarma[dot]com.

Or just start up your goArmA to get the update automatically!

Pls see the following changelog.

1.0.42.0 (June 02, 2008)

* [fixed] Problems with special characters in usernames.

* [fixed] Some mods wont get selectable, as the directory structures differs from the standard.

* [fixed] Changes within mod directories were not detected.

* [fixed] Selected mods were not reset when loading a new profile

* [fixed] goArma crashed on selecting a teamspeak server which doesn't have a "ServerWelcomeMessage" set

* [fixed] Modfolders containing a "." were not listed correctly

* [fixed] ArmA server query problems with newer server versions

* [fixed] Mod selection is reset when changing the arma executable.

* [fixed] Unable to start beta versions.

* [added] New language: Chinese(simple)

1.0.41.0 (April 12, 2007)

* [fixed] Installtions on VIeSTA will fail due to (BI-forums):

http://blogs.msdn.com/mshneer/archive/2 ... -code.aspx

* [fixed] Typos in errormessages and infopanels (Staff)

* [fixed] WinXP(x64) saves ArmedAssault inside the 32Bit subsystem within the

registry. goArmA stumbles when looking for ArmedAssault (Morton)

* [fixed] Serverpasswords are saved seperately for each server, but displayed as if it would be only one global one (Paranoid)

* [fixed] Searching in the generated serverlist is case-sensitive, thus unfavourable (R.U.K)

* [fixed] Once a soundfile was deleted from a physical storage device, an

affected goArmA profile could not be edited anymore and ended in a

crash of the program when loaded (Zecke)

* [fixed] The content of the current sound file source folder wasn't listed after a restart of goArma (Staff)

* [fixed] A new sound file source folder was applied after cancellation of the sound folder selection dialog (Staff)

* [fixed] The default folder of the sound file source folder selection dialog is set to the current source folder (Staff)

* [fixed] Sound profiles couldn't be modified (Staff)

* [added] Start external programs (Paranoid)

* [added] "Path to arma.exe" feature to let the user start betas or stuff (Staff)

thanks!