Sign in to follow this  
wex-q

Historical inaccuracy is the least of the film's problems... I would say that poor dialogue, poor acting, poor pacing and a poor plot are much more severe. And no, saying that "it's an action movie" is not an argument. Why should action flicks be devoid of good dialogue or acting?

and what do you say about the O.S.T ? it's just precious  inlove.gif

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

To tell the truth, I've heard better... I was expecting everything to be waaay more epic...

I this film for for many reasons, one of them being it doesn't pretend to be intelligent. It's all about the fighting.

Frankly thats what I paid my money for and thats what I got.

I would be a fool to go to such a film and expect anything else.

I liked this film for it's stunning visuals. The part where the 300 force a group of Persians off a cliff was one of my favourite parts of the film, and one of the better scenes (from a visuals perspective) I have seen since I watched Stalker.

The acting and dialogue were not good at all, but as Rhodite said anyone going to see 300 with the expectation of seeing great acting and intelligent and enthralling dialogues haven't got their heads screwed on correctly.

All in all this is a beautiful and IMO aesthetically perfected piece of cinematography. Well worth watching despite, or maybe thanks to it's apparent lack of depth. But ehm... Do yourself a favour and cover your ears when they start playing that godawful nu-metal crap somewhere in the middle of the film.

The first time I saw this movie I wondered what the fuss was about. Honestly, it's "OK" only because of it's visuals.

It's basically Rambo with spears and non-explosive arrows.

Then Friday after work I went to a pub with some guys from work, and at some point goint to watch 300 on Imax was suggested. I enjoyed it much more that second time.

So first, get a few pints in you - kill some braincells that way so that the lack of plot and nu-metal sound track don't do it while you're trying to enjoy the movie, then go to your nearest Imax, sit back, and enjoy gratuituous blood splatters and nipples as big as you on a 4 storey screen.

I quite liked it!

I chuckled through parts of it, just at the pure roar violence, and left the cinema satisfied, that I'd just watched something highly entertaining!

Regardless they should not have given it a historical background, they might as well have set it in middle earth. In my opinion they went to far with it even if it was adapted from a comic its not like Troy which was based on a myth its based on an actual battle and it is portrayed very badly, the whole point is for it to look "cool". They also could have probably fitted it into a half an hour miniseries if they had not bothered with the slo-mo.

Agree. I see this (movie) as a missed oportunity, that from this theme we gain a true historical movie of an epic proportions, but instead we've been served with a bastard between a video game and the MTV spot. But what else can be expected from a Holywood production,,,and with the advance of technology it'll be worse and worse; the cinema art is dying, we'll be happy if we'll get a single decent dialogue per 'movie', and a half decent acting (from a computer animated characters/actors)...

And here's a new moto for the upcomming cinema future: Kill a director! Or donate him a brain cell ...

I this film for for many reasons, one of them being it doesn't pretend to be intelligent. It's all about the fighting.

Frankly thats what I paid my money for and thats what I got.

I would be a fool to go to such a film and expect anything else

You said it man ...

Quite liked it myself, it's not like I went to see it for the profound dialogue or provoking themes...

...though everyone in the cinema started laughing in the sex scene where the bloke was having a go at the queen from behind... says something about the Australian sense of humour? rofl.gif

I only find that happen in country places, where the bogans grow free and wild. That why I goto movies in da city. Make me feel classy even thought I live in da country and drink beer on skool nite and pist pointless threead in a forum. My life sucks tounge2.gif