Sign in to follow this  
The-Architect

Falklands Mission

From the Readme:

Fly out of a makeshift heliport and support Paras moving near Sapper Hill. It's a short mission intended as a quick shooter before tea time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made with Operation Flashpoint GoTY Edition patched to version 1.96. I wouldn't recommend using any mod with this like ECP or Y2k3 or whatever they are called. I have several scripts running which might interfere.

Needed addons:

FLK Mod.

Editor Update 102 (Included) This is the one you've been looking for! It will make NDS playable I believe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Features and fun.

All voice acting done by me again.

Don't stray too far toward Stanley, you'll die. I camcreate some ManPADS soldiers if you venture too far. Go past them and you'll get shot down by a mysterious invisible SAM. smile_o.gif

No Easter Eggs. Just get in your helo and go kill the enemy.

UPDATE: 05/04/07

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ESEVG1AN

Would it be possible to mirror it somwhere else? When I try to download it it tells me that a limit of connections from my country has been reached. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Would it be possible to mirror it somwhere else? When I try to download it it tells me that a limit of connections from my country has been reached.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Since Architect is a member of the FLK team...A slightly more user friendly mirror:

DOWNLOAD - ARCHFLK2Helo.zip 7.66mb

A nice little mission, reminds me a bit of "Ground Attack" the SP mission from OFP 1.0.

Only odd thing was that the pilot confirmed seeing smoke although I still was 2 km away from the Paras.

A fun small, quick mission. Is there an end trigger? I got the objective completed hint and returned to the improvised airbase but the mission would not end. Am I supposed to stay in the AO till the paras cleared the infantry I did not kill?

I've just played it. It's nice. wink_o.gif And short. And again I realize how a mission can be improved by voice acting (even done by one person). I noticed that a pilot has an incredible eyes too - he sees smoke singnals from up to 3000 wink_o.gif

Yeah, I could change that pilot vision.

About staying in the AO, the guy does say, please stay in the AO, so yes you should stay in the AO. icon_rolleyes.gif

It is short yes but it doesn't need to be long. Just a fun flight against some bad guys.

Nice work!

A good bit of fun, nothing too stressful tactics wise, but shows off the chopper and the island well. biggrin_o.gif

gazellestrike.jpg

edit: Add image.

Got a missing addon error for Editor Update 102. Weird because it's in the addon folder confused_o.gif

Make sure it's the correct one. I supplied it with the mission. Yours may be different.

Make sure it's the correct one. I supplied it with the mission. Yours may be different.

No, it's the exact same.

I had the same error, despite having the editorupdate102.pbo. I had to move/delete/rename any other editor update pbos that were in the same folder.

Good luck.

I had problems with this myself but I got it working by removing the Editor103.pbo from the \Falklands\Dta folder. It is also in the \Falklands\Addons folder (the Editor103.pbo that is), so this may be redundant or in the wrong spot.

Either way, the removal of the Editor103.pbo from the Dta folder had this mission running. As well, the NDS mission which I couldn't play until now, works. Providing you have the editorupdate102.pbo in the \Falklands\Dta folder, at least this is what worked for me.

Quote[/b] ] had problems with this myself but I got it working by removing the Editor103.pbo from the \Falklands\Dta folder. It is also in the \Falklands\Addons folder (the Editor103.pbo that is), so this may be redundant or in the wrong spot.

Either way, the removal of the Editor103.pbo from the Dta folder had this mission running. As well, the NDS mission which I couldn't play until now, works. Providing you have the editorupdate102.pbo in the \Falklands\Dta folder, at least this is what worked for me.

You sir our my hero. That was the problem, I to just removed the editor103.pbo and editorupdate102.pbo from the DTA folder where they should not have been to begin with and now NDS does work. I shall now download this mission and the SAS mission as well.

Apparently that works too. I just moved the editorupdate102 from the \Falklands\Dta folder to the \Falklands\Addons folder and it also worked.

So in conclusion, the only file that should be in the \Dta folder is the Anim.pbo. The other two mentioned, should be in the Addons folder.

I had problems with this myself but I got it working by removing the Editor103.pbo from the \Falklands\Dta folder. It is also in the \Falklands\Addons folder (the Editor103.pbo that is), so this may be redundant or in the wrong spot.

Yep, it's fixed now.

Few questions/remarks:

- The first time I played this mission I didn't get an intro, second time it did.

- How do you end the mission? I seemed to have destroyed all the targets however it just doesn't end. Flew back to the heliport, didn't end. Any hints?

- I would like to see all the chat over the radio, would be better I think.

- Would it be possible to designate the targets. For example by smoke grenades? I had a really hard time finding the camo netting.

Overall a nice mission and fun to play. Looking forward to the next Falklands mission thumbs-up.gif

The first time I played through the mission I blew up everything on three high speed, high volume passes. The mission ended properly for me on that try. I still had to wait for the ground units to walk to the camp but there was nothing for them to fight.

The second time I picked my targets and took out anything not a soldier (MGs, armour, etc), the ground units came in and fought it out for a bit. But they didn't kill all of the baddies so I did some passes rocketing anything that wasn't a corpse or friendly but it would not end. I think in that case one of them "got away" or was at least hiding where no one could see him.

The end mission seems to be connected to both the friendly units entering the target area and the area being clear of hostiles.

As for target selection, if you use free-look (default * on the num pad) you can hover and right click your cursor around the area looking for something kill. Free-look will not move your heli when you move your mouse, only the keyboard will cause movement. Once you have found something to kill, since you are using FFAR and not guided munitions, switch free-look off and line it up for the kill.

You could jump in the Gazelle with MG and use the MG to sweep up afterwards. That's also fun.

i get my co piot to pilot the mg one whilst i go in the rocket one, then if i run outta ammo i just get him to land nearby and i hop i with him and mop up smile_o.gif

nice mission, nice fun factor to it