Sign in to follow this  
frederf

Anyone interested in this ammo box mod?

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

(please)

biggrin_o.gif

looks cool a bit different style really with the extra colors smile_o.gif

hehe would be cool if you made some wooen crates that look old and worn out and dry that could be used as rebel ammo weapon crates and stuff like that, or metal crates.

Don't put the amount of the item/weapon/ammo on the crate, so if people add more it won't look retarded. Just put like the Weapon Name and under it the ammo type. (ie... (Big) M16A4 (Underneath) 5.56x45mm NATO)

Don't put the amount of the item/weapon/ammo on the crate, so if people add more it won't look retarded. Just put like the Weapon Name and under it the ammo type. (ie... (Big) M16A4 (Underneath) 5.56x45mm NATO)

The point of the mod was to make standardized ammo boxes that contain a reasonable amount of an item (by weight or volume). If you want more, add another box. These are designed as plug and play. I'm quite sick of seeing one ammo box with 117 M249s, 76 AT4s, and a hand grenade. You cannot fit that much in there!

Plus in a MP battle everyone crowding around a box and running between unlabeled boxes is lame. This is essentially second-hand modding from 4IB internal modifications division.

Red banded is ammunition

Black banded is equipment

Blue banded is weapons

i like it, so u dont have to guess whats in biggrin_o.gif

The "standardization" will not work for public maps, if that's what you're looking to fix. In most maps the weapons are packed tight into one or two crates because of the sheer trouble of finding the right crate with some stuff left in it if there'd be more. The first custom CTF maps had dozens of crates in spawn either because the map maker was new to the business and/or he wanted to do something similar to this, and confusion in spawn was guaranteed.

No disrespect to the skilful modder but there's no practical reason to use it in PvP maps, don't know about coops.

The point of the mod was to make standardized ammo boxes that contain a reasonable amount of an item (by weight or volume). If you want more, add another box. These are designed as plug and play. I'm quite sick of seeing one ammo box with 117 M249s, 76 AT4s, and a hand grenade. You cannot fit that much in there!

I'm not saying so that people can add like an unrealistic amount but if people add in a few extras then it's going to look stupid, just my opinion. But if you want to get all technical, you're not going to fit very many weapons in a crate/box like that anyway, especially when you're dealing with larger weapons like the M249, M240B, M107, M136 AT4s, etc etc.

The "standardization" will not work for public maps, if that's what you're looking to fix. In most maps the weapons are packed tight into one or two crates because of the sheer trouble of finding the right crate with some stuff left in it if there'd be more. The first custom CTF maps had dozens of crates in spawn either because the map maker was new to the business and/or he wanted to do something similar to this, and confusion in spawn was guaranteed.

No disrespect to the skilful modder but there's no practical reason to use it in PvP maps, don't know about coops.

I didn't really design it for public maps. I designed it for 4IB gaming unit use. If I was going to make one for the public arena (and it really wouldn't be that hard) then I would make a "US Rifles" box, a "US Machine guns" box, or similar and let there be an overflow of weapons inside. Most public games are not designed around the idea of limited resources (be it life, helos, or ammo).

I do concede that running around trying to find the last box of 5.56 30rnd magazines that isn't empty in a spread of 10 of them would be confusing. In the environment that these are designed to be deployed, we can actually make up SOP to take from the left-most crate first for example. This is something you can't do in a public environment.

The crates make more sense in a coop environment which is the primary operating environment for 4IB.

Normally I would call you a pain in the butt for your criticisms, but it's exactly how I act on these forums and I know you're just trying to help the creative process to make a better product. By the way are you the same celery from Zeus server OFP fame?

Quote[/b] ]I'm not saying so that people can add like an unrealistic amount but if people add in a few extras then it's going to look stupid, just my opinion. But if you want to get all technical, you're not going to fit very many weapons in a crate/box like that anyway, especially when you're dealing with larger weapons like the M249, M240B, M107, M136 AT4s, etc etc.

The idea is that boxes containing 100 M16s actually looks boxes containing 100 M16s. 4IB uses AT4s sparingly like they actually cost $20,000... never mind the $200,000 for a Javelin. I understand your point, but it's kind of like saying "Nice car you've designed there, but if you flip it over on it's roof you're never going to get anywhere."

New thread in ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

This thread has the download links as well as more info.

I would love my unit to implement this, would be a very useful addition/feature.

Yes please.  smile_o.gif

Very nice. Will keep me from hunting box to box trying to figure what the mission maker has placed. And with scripting, these can be anything. Thank you.

Just a little thought of mine....

is it possible, if someone takes the last weapon out of the box, the box appears opened and empty?

Would prevent someone to check an already empty ammobox...

as i said, just a little thought.