Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

New 3rd person camera view

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share  biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

nice will this view be in the next update? This view is awsome plz do smile_o.gif

Ok little bit busy tonight but i shall whip another version out for you guys tommorrow night as im very busy at work.

Whenever you have time, do you think you could release a 1.08 compatible version of your 0.3 mod? That was my favorite view. smile_o.gif

I don't really know if what I am talking about is doable but it would be really great if you could include multiple views : one where your caracter is in the bottom left corner -ENTER- default BIS view -ENTER- first person view.

Would be really cool smile_o.gif

Can anyone explain to me how the crosshairs can be edited?

I would like to either completely remove them (this can only be done in "Veteran" mode for infantry guns but not for vehicle guns...) or edit the default texture (for instance the cross or dot we are used to see)

Thanks in advance wink_o.gif

They are all mp compatible unless the server has 3rd view disabled.

Now sry for taking a bit long but im trying what Zeinger said. Im trying to incoperate more views as this would be awsome. So bare with me.

Oh and Club-On im just getting hold of your arma gear solid to try out. Ive seen the movie you made and i must say it looks awsome and like how you've used my mod in the vid.

hedcrusha is there any way of makeing the view like the one iv posted just above huh.gif I would love to play ArmA in this view would be awsome wink_o.gif

Thank's hedcrusha  xmas_o.gif

But I can't put a video with out ur view, cause I can't play with out it lol.

And the next vid on my next project will be with ur view again  thumbs-up.gif

747020.jpg

It's defenatly better for me to make this project with ur view. I think u know why wink_o.gif

Haha nice club-On cant wait. Well for the vid you might want to pop this in ya mods folder.

Version 0.6 uploaded and ready also with new crosshair "the classic DOT" as from v0.5.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37957045/NewView_v0.6.rar.html

Enjoy!

Club-On just tried arma gear solid and all i can say is CLASS!!!! Its sweet right down to the T. Hope you pump out more missions and even some mp co-op missions too! It would be nice if we had a stabbing animation for a knife! Hitman plus metal gear solid style biggrin_o.gif Anyways looking foward to GR for arma!

Yeaaaahhhhh, tanks hedcrusha, thanks for the job.

I write a note for the spanish site of your update.

Ive already thought of moving it slighly upwards and tried moving it using that view just a few post's up to the left to give you full fov and the soldier doenst obscure the view! Looks nice and plays nice will post some screenies BUT the crosshair is off!

When you change the camera pos it screws up the cross hair and by moving it up or either left or right it will offset itself. Im trying to find out how to propery project the gun to the crosshair as in make the gun always fire at dead center of the crosshair, or just change the offset of where the gun fires.

If any one knows of any hints or tips on this please share  biggrin_o.gif

test2os0.jpg

As you can see where the smoke and decals are its way off center!

If i can get round this i will release 2 versions one with my orig setting (more close) and this view.

nice will this view be in the next update? This view is awsome plz do smile_o.gif

wow so i guess u gave this view up then, got no responce from ya, well nice work on this but would love to play in this view showen above. Is there any body that can make this view and that can take on this task plz do.

Good work hedcrusha I can launch arma again lol

So yes off corse if someone make a knife annimation im will be by very happy. But fortuna for us ArmA give us lot of possibilities if u have music, sond, and imagination.

thank's again! notworthy.gif

ps: after AGR i would make AGS2(sp) and AGR2(sp,mp)

-----------------------------------------------------------ARMA GEAR SOLID

Hey, I just can't get ArmA to work with this mod of yours; I keep getting the following errors:

a. "no entity 'bin\config.cpp.ControllerSchemes'

b. "error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha

I can't start the game with it. I'm using the mod folder technique, do I have to overwrite?

NEVERMIND! Newest version works perfectly.

I added the command line and say's the line does not exist, when I hit apply and okay.  I added the crosshair into the addons and the other pbo. file in the dta folder.  Shouldn't the end of the command line say 0.6 too?  Thanks I'm lost.

Update. I got it too work and I didn't add anything into the command line. Kinda weird huh?

Ok heres another version witch isnt so close.

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Enjoy!

Again for getting this to work extract the zip to your arma dir when you have extracted the zip a new folder should be created called NewView_v0.6 and in that folder there should be 2 directories called AddOns and Dta and in them sould be one .pbo in each of them. Then you need to add the command line to your arma shortcut -mod=NewView_v0.6. Then boot up the game and enjoy!

NOTE: this is ONLY for 1.08!

Enjoy!

Again for getting this to work extract the zip to your arma dir when you have extracted the zip a new folder should be created called NewView_v0.6 and in that folder there should be 2 directories called AddOns and Dta and in them sould be one .pbo in each of them. Then you need to add the command line to your arma shortcut -mod=NewView_v0.6. Then boot up the game and enjoy!

thx you so much for this it make ArmA so much better, but the link does not work is there a diffrent link to dl. It says This sever is unavailable right now due to technical maintenance.

Enjoy!

This view is just awsome brings out the units details and all, but is there any way of centering the unit like in the middel of the screen instead of to the far left of the screen? Plz huh.gif Love this view its just great smile_o.gif

is there any way of centering the unit in the v0.6 its just way to the left of the screen. Plz is the any way of putting the unit in the middle of the screen like normal. Would be lovely smile_o.gif

I love the new view(not so close version). Although I'd like to use the little dot as the crosshair. For some reason I was under the impression that the new release(farther version) uses the small dot crosshair(the crosshair in the 1st image below) but thats not what shows up. The crosshair that currently appears is the one in the 2nd image below.

Does anyone know where I can find the small dot crosshair from the 1st image below? I think I've tried all the pbo's from other NewView versions but I easily could've missed one.

***I want to use the small dot crosshair in the image below***

3-new3rdview-01.jpg

*****But all I can find is the crosshair in the image below*****

4-screenie1.jpg

How do I install this?I don't get the bit about having to add the command line to the short cut.

@ Manzilla dl the close version keep the crosshair addon delete the rest and then dl the new not so close version and put the crosshair that you keeped from the close version in the addon folder try this.

How do I install this?I don't get the bit about having to add the command line to the short cut.

just dl and put the addon in your ArmA addon folder and put the bin in your Bin folder thats all smile_o.gif Have you dl addons befor?

There is no bin folder.The only word bin is in the Dta folder and it's a pbo file.Should I replace it?