Sign in to follow this  
carld2002

aa super slow

Well i got aa today.

All I can say is that it's extremely slow in singleplayer (and would be in multi also i assume). I have tried putting the frame rate down to 60, the visibility low... performance to low

nothing helps

my computer is a p4 3ghz, 1 gig or ram, 504 mg video card

any ideas?... also, i got the exact same thing while playing the demo a few weeks back.

Please forgive if this is in wrong section, or is asked ofter, i didn't have much time to look for it.

first turn post processing and shaders to low, disable shadows.

run some antispyware checks

what kind of video card u have??

turn postprocessing and shaders to low, disable shadows,

run some spyware checks

-what videocard u have???

sorry for doublepost

Have you patched to 1.05 ??

Make sure your system is not labouring too much. Do what Puma suggested and do not leave everything on very high.

Then it should be decent actually. crazy_o.gif

one of the easiest ways to see what settings you should be playing on is:

download fraps, install it and run it. this program will let you see frames per second on screen.

start Armed Assault.

go to the video options settings.

choose normal quality setting. don't screw around with anything else just yet.

play game. if better then you have a solid base to work from.

if not the go to video settings and choose low. try again. but this might change the resolution to something other than 1024x768 (which is a good basic res to work with). so change your resolution back to 1024x768 if needed.

if performance is still crappy the try very low. again watch to make sure your resolution is 1024x768.

then after getting a base that seems to work well you can try and raise some setting up under the advanced setting tab of video options, to and get maximum out of the game. but not too high because then it'll play slow again. Try raising view distance as well as other video settings.

get a balance and don't be too ambitious as the game will look pretty much the same at low setting or even high settings. But it will play slower if you turn too many settings up.

of course you could always try high and very high quality settings in video settings to start with - maybe your computer will run well with those (although you do need a good graphics card)

i did what he said, i think it helped a bit but not much... it's word cause I exceed the system requrements for the game yet can't play it on the lowest settings.

ok... does 1.05 work with the english patch?

i did what he said, i think it helped a bit but not much... it's word cause I exceed the system requrements for the game yet can't play it on the lowest settings.

Start the game and see what it says in the welcome screen... maybe you are up to 1.05

If not, yes it works with the UK release and with the internation release. You can find the patch on every community site buddy, ive gottan run now to catch the train, sorry afford to search for a link now.

nvidia geforce

you need to be more specific. what type of geforce? bit difference between old cards and latest ones.

says hes got a 500 meg vid card...cant be too terribly old. i would think

I've got a P4 3Ghz 1GB Ram, too wink_o.gif

But i bought a X1950Pro 512...I thought 3GHZ "single core" are recommend but i got a tft with native 1280x1024 resolution and then there is no big difference between anti aliasing on very high or disabled...only 2-3 fps confused_o.gif

But like i said i got a 17" tft and i wont run arma at 1024x768 pistols.gif

My actual settings:

disabled shadows (biggest difference ~15-20 fps ), aa and af high, textures and shader normal (but no big difference while set it to high ~ 3-5 fps). So i play with 20-30 fps on the open field and 10-15 in urban areas sad_o.gif

So I conclude that arma is a fan of high-performance cpus, because I can play with the settings of texturequality, shaderquality, aa and af and and there is no big difference to the fps...the only thing really changed is the deteriorated visual quality.

Mmh i think a better cpu would increase the performance immediately but why the hell are 3 ghz recommended? There should be words like "Core 2 Dou like" but not the only 3ghz, which is a big difference between the different constructions of the cores...

Quote[/b] ]So i play with 20-30 fps on the open field and 10-15 in urban areas

I have roughly the same perf (fraps) with a Geforce 6600GT and an Athlon2000+ (2Gb of memory).

Terrain, object, shader detail on normal, post-process low, shadows and textures on low (can't have higher with my card) AA and AF off @ 1024*768. Viewdistance 1000m.

Tricks that may be useful to try : Colors 16bits, vsync off, card set to high performance, triple buffering on, reduce view distance a notch, reduce resolution a notch, defrag you disk (lots of data streaming going on), try -maxmem=512 or 1024 in you arma shortcut...

...triple buffering on...

I thought tripple buffering was more processor intensive so would slow things down...?

Please post more detailed specs please and I'll try and help

For example ... my PC Specifications

PSU - 500W Silverstone SLi Dual +12V

Mobo: Gigabyte GA K8N51GMF-RH NF410 - S754

Processor: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 Processor 3400+ Newcastle S754 2.5Ghz

RAM: x 2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: 335GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS 256MB - Overclocked

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live 5.1!

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

That way we can be more specific smile_o.gif

actually forgot, my card is 256 sorry.

but my problem is not running it at high settings, it's running it at all. let me emphasize that I can play ANY game perfectly but for some reason, aa hates my computer.

p4.. 2.93ghz

1016mb ram

geforce fx 5500.. 256 mb

windows xp home... sp2

and it says 1.005 do i need to patch? (with the two zeros)

and for some reason, every time i try to patch i get a "wrong cd key" message

Im sorry but the whole FX5xxx series is pretty much outdated now, especially with demanding games like ArmA.

EDIT: Try reinstalling and typing your key in caps, otherwise the patch may give errors like that IIRC.

ok i will reinstall... that cd key in caps thing is weird but I will try anything. This game looks freggin amazing and i just want to play it.

As ofpforum said, the 5 series of the Geforce cards is terribly, terribly outdated, and you shouldn't expect ArmA to run at decent FPS at high settings, heck even low settings. And I doubt you can run any new games at high too.

Hi carl_the_sniper

When you install again do not intall the Sickboys English Patch it does cause problems when updating to 1.05 aparently. As far as I am aware you do not need Sickboys english language patch after 1.05 anyway

Just install you virgin vanila version then patch to 1.05

You do need to fill in ALL these details so we can help you, we especially need driver versions; so we can exclude or include them as the cause.

CPU

Graphics card (make, model, driver version, on-board ram)

Sound card (make, model and driver version)

RAM (how much you have)

ArmA version (which language, which patch)

DirectX version (all should be using 9.0c anyway)

DVD (make, model, driver version, we already have had someone who could not play the DVD because he was putting it in a CD player)

Kind Regards walker

OK... all specs aside now.

for now lets assume it's the patch that i need.

I reinstalled and its still giving me the same error.

OK... all specs aside now.

Hi carl_the_sniper

We realy need to know your system specs as drivers are the commonest causes of problems.

We want to do our best to help you fix your problem.

Kind Regards walker

i don't know how to find the driver info

and my version says 1.005

but let's try the patch way first... any ideas?

ok... for drivers, how does 6.14.0010.9131 (english) sound?

I've got a P4 3Ghz 1GB Ram, too wink_o.gif

But i bought a X1950Pro 512...I thought 3GHZ "single core" are recommend but i got a tft with native 1280x1024 resolution and then there is no big difference between anti aliasing on very high or disabled...only 2-3 fps confused_o.gif

But like i said i got a 17" tft and i wont run arma at 1024x768 pistols.gif

My actual settings:

disabled shadows (biggest difference ~15-20 fps ), aa and af high, textures and shader normal (but no big difference while set it to high ~ 3-5 fps). So i play with 20-30 fps on the open field and 10-15 in urban areas sad_o.gif

So I conclude that arma is a fan of high-performance cpus, because I can play with the settings of texturequality, shaderquality, aa and af and and there is no big difference to the fps...the only thing really changed is the deteriorated visual quality.

Mmh i think a better cpu would increase the performance immediately but why the hell are 3 ghz recommended? There should be words like "Core 2 Dou like" but not the only 3ghz, which is a big difference between the different constructions of the cores...

Sounds like you might have aa and af forced on in your driver settings.

Ok, i have found a way to patch it up to 1.02.

I can't find the 1.03 or 1.04 patches.. anyone have them?

1.05 doesn't work at all.

and even with 1.02, it is just as slow

... if it matters, i have the czech version