Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

A quick feedback to your fantastic and outstanding mod, i do not return on the vehicules sounds issue, i just noticed sometimes, the ak74 vanilla sound was played instead of yours, it only happens with this sound, a bit odd. Another cristicism would go to the svd reload sound, it must be hard to find good reload sounds but i know the svd has a specific kinda sound of a spring.

Overall, the sounds are good, very good!

And can we expect some airplanes engine sounds?

The M24 "click" sounds is the bolt being operated, reload times are vanilla, so they do not fit properly.

Will lokk into the config someday and check the volumes for the sounds.

I don't have any SVD reload sound, won't use anthing but authentic sounds.

However, some rare items can not be found, so I had to use some placeholders, one example is the ZSU-23/4...

Don't know why the vanilla sound was played, I never had those problems.

The A-10 and AV-8B engine sounds are already changed to authentic sounds, if any of you got a SU-34B at home: let me know.

At the moment I take a HUGE break from ArmA, don't play it anymore and modding a game I don't play is futile.

Don't know if or when I will start working on the main project.

Feedback is still required for the vehicles, they seem to be too quiet / not heard far enough.

Hi,

the mod is awesome. The coolest thing is that you took out that annoying zoom on all the ironsights and the aimpoints as well as the tracers on the weapons that don't use tracer ammo in real life. I don't get why BIS put that in there, there just is no zoom, so get over it. The sounds are pretty awesome, it adds a lot to the atmosphere. The only thing I wish now is that you would come out with one more version for 1.08 that does not feature the unrealistic zoom and the tracers.

About the vehicules sounds, i especially noticed the ah-1 one which is totally impossible to hear when it's at about 100-150 meters from us, you just see a silent chopper in the air.

Some other sounds are also too quiet like the hummer one and the bmp explosion sound, both are pretty quiet.

Nevertheless, i did not test the other vehicules sounds any longer, i expect you'll get others and better feedbacks wink_o.gif.

When I change sounds to my own created ones, they don't sound right after the conversion from wav to wss.

Why?

The M24 "click" sounds is the bolt being operated, reload times are vanilla, so they do not fit properly.

Will lokk into the config someday and check the volumes for the sounds.

I don't have any SVD reload sound, won't use anthing but authentic sounds.

However, some rare items can not be found, so I had to use some placeholders, one example is the ZSU-23/4...

Don't know why the vanilla sound was played, I never had those problems.

The A-10 and AV-8B engine sounds are already changed to authentic sounds, if any of you got a SU-34B at home: let me know.

At the moment I take a HUGE break from ArmA, don't play it anymore and modding a game I don't play is futile.

Don't know if or when I will start working on the main project.

Feedback is still required for the vehicles, they seem to be too quiet / not heard far enough.

How come your taking a break/not playing it anymore :P Maybe you should have someone you trust to take over and continue on the sounds?

It's not about the sounds. It is the config.

I don't play the games I modify, and I modify games the way I want them to be like.

I never worked for others, don't even know if I could be part of a team. Everything is pretty much egocentric.

At the moment, I don't play much at all. My speaker system is broken and I don't have the PC to play ArmA with good performance, so it is not really fun for me.

Don't know when I will continue on the project (the sound-only version is just the waste dump for the masses).

Well actually your very generous for the work you've done. Sucks your PC config wont run Arma properly because when it does work -it rocks. Arma seems to be a game requiring constant tweaking, since i'm an overclocker it doesn't really bother me so much but i hope it becomes more stable for everyone.

Were the footsteps-sounds or the loudness of the footsteps changed in this mod?

Sorry for the noob question but this is the first time I try to add an addon.

Do I create subfolders in the addon folders or do I simply overwrite anything in the addon and dta folders.. I tried doing this and could not start the game.

I added the "trueview" mod and a "Modwar" sound mod...I overwrote a .bin file in the dta folder and ARMA wont work now..I get all sorts of error messages.

Thanks for helping.

Sorry for the noob question but this is the first time I try to add an addon.

Do I create subfolders in the addon folders or do I simply overwrite anything in the addon and dta folders.. I tried doing this and could not start the game.

I added the "trueview" mod and a "Modwar" sound mod...I overwrote a .bin file in the dta folder and ARMA wont work now..I get all sorts of error messages.

Thanks for helping.

You have to create an extra new "@modwar"-folder in the main arma-folder named something like that "c:\programs\bohemiainteractive\arma".

In your new created "@modware"-folder you extract the downloaded rar-data.

If you have well done the "@modware"-folder should have an "Addon"-subfolder and the "readme"-data and changelog-data.

I put the files in the Addon folder, works for me :S

btw, i hope he changes the 3 burst for the M16, i dont like the extra 3 echos sound on it, comapred to the awesome 1 shot fire sound on it.

its shame you arnt going to mod anymore i love this soundpack.

howabout you ask everybody who uses this to make a small contribution toward a new pc.

I don't have a crappy PC, FX-55, GeForce 7800 GTX, 1 Gig of Corsair XLPro.

@ anthonyl: Read the bloody readme, dude !

@ wolfsblut: If you try to help, put it right in the first place, you could quote the readme as a start...

@ TrunkzJr: If you could use the addon as it should be used, it would help alot. In the new version, the M16 burst is way better.

@ Törni: I hope you don't want to modify my mod....

@ colligpip: I simply don't play ArmA at the moment, nor do I play other games.

What about my question. How come the sound changes after I've converted it, packed it and loaded it into Arma?

Quote[/b] ]@ Törni

No not going to modify it. Simply wan't to make custom sounds for stand alone vehicles.

Asked about what you are using for the conversion.

@ Architect: Don't know actually. What did you do?

@ Törni: Try OFP Sound Lab

Was wondering if you could change your M16 Single and Burst to this:

http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/2224/mp3/438739_SOUNDDOGS_MA.mp3

http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/2224/mp3/438733_SOUNDDOGS_MA.mp3

Our clan member who owns an M16, as soon as he tried the 1 shot on the M16 he had no complaints but after he heard the M16 3 burst, he couldn't take it, he uninstalled the Mod [mainly cause he always uses the M16] If you can't change it, can we have permission to change that one sound ourselves? BTW that sound dog place has alot of gun sounds maybe you'd be able to find other good sounds like for G36 or other, anything to help. Personally i love your sound mod but even for myself the 3 burst fire on the M16 wasn't all the good sounding.

Arn't the free sounds off SoundDogs quite low quality ?

Anyway, I'm about to replace FDF soundmod with this and see what I prefer. I'm told I will be amazed, and to keep volume down until I know what to expect...

some are good quality, some are sucky, just gonna type in the search and go through them all

If they just picked the best sounds of the different sound mods and combined them into one definitive mod wink_o.gif

Thats a good idea also, thing is predator doesn't really on the sounds so you'd have to ask someone else lol I think someone should make a post, to gather ALL sound modders together and to create 1 pack that will just blow the community away where everyone will have it.

how do i install this?

do make a short cut, and then change the target from

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe"

to

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe-nosplash -mod=@ModWarSound"

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@ModWarSound

I think you'll find it works better like the above. The switch should go on the outside of the quotes and nosplash is optional and not strictly how to get the mod to work.