Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Course, if you've got the time, you can always just read the entire thing, it's not too bad on the eyes. That's what I did before I posted anything, I always try to read, otherwise I get yelled at...

whistle.gif

Anyway. Pred, have you been able to listen to those sounds I found? The author doesn't have any issues regarding the use of them. And they're the highest quality recordings for AK's, M4's, M16's, and SAW's I've found.

Oh, and a question regarding your future Config version for 1.07 when it's finalized. Do you have any way to make the M1A1 and T-72 "real"? As in no T-72 is at all likely to kill an Abrams from the front, or even the side. Even if it's just a little hotfix. I really like how realistic ArmA is in most regards, but as a tank lover, that just plain bothers me. The turret disabling and track disabling I understand, just not the destruction of an Abrams.

My Dad was talking about how there was an Abrams stuck in the mud, trying to get itself out when 3 (I think) T-72 or T-80s crested a hill and sighted them in. The Abrams was facing them though, and the Abrams got every one of em, taking multiple hits and barely getting a scratch. (God I love how fast a trained loader is.)

On a side note, just where is the Bradley in this game? It's lack of inclusion just confuses me, it's not like it hasn't been around for a while...

Are you talking about the CS sound pack?

Well, they are pretty good - for urban environment. They are recorded on some indoor shooting range.

The config mod will be available sometime after I get my hands on 1.08.

The problem with damage and realism is gameplay balance. I'd like to have it unbalanced and authentic, but you won't be able to play as OPFOR. We only have T-72 and M1A1, so I have to make sure, they can kill each other in a AI battle. Imagine the M1A1 being partly indestructible for 125 mm SABOT shells. The AI won't outmaneuver the enemy.

As long as there is no point-damage system, like destroying the gunner sight to disable proper aiming, there is no use for that kind of realism...

And believe me, I hate to say that I can't do what you demand.

Pred quick post to say i'm enjoying your sound only mod. It adds a lot to the game. The only sound that bothers me is the M4 on burst.

Lt. Tracy, look at Vilas addons, he has a Bradley.

Oh no, don't worry about it. I completely understand the need for balance. It isn't like WWII (Referring mainly to Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45) where being realistic doesn't make a single tank becomes overly uber.

But maybe there could be a little minimod simply for editor purposes. Maybe seperate? Or you could point me to a place that could teach me how to myself. I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to mod making. I do however, like to amuse myself making AI kick the crap out of each other. And it's annoying sometimes that I can't recreate real world tank battles, cause the opfor actually has a tank capable of taking on an Abrams.

I suppose I can just pretend they got their hands on advanced tank ammunition capable of penetrating reactive armor. There was a book with that plot once. A 'what if Saddam had Anti-Abrams rounds', don't remember what it's called.

I wouldn't even mention this if I had Steel Beasts Pro PE. But alas, I don't have a 130$ to spend on a tank simulator. Would be so cool...

Edit: Thanks for the tip on the Bradley. Looking now. W00t! 25MM Ownage.

Are you going to start your work with the ModWar for 1.08 asap after the patch is relased? How long it might take?

edit: Thx for the answer wink_o.gif

Anyone have the issue of the sound cutting out when there is alot of fire happening?

I can't pinpoint the issue. But pressing ESC and bringing up the menu brings it back. Temporarily.

Does the same with EAX off, and EAX on.

hi there i have downloaded and installed the mod, when i try to run it. it gives me this error "Addon 'Modwarsound' requires addon 'CAA10'

any help on this

u need 1.07 beta patch but wait the full 1.08 be release to day

Can anyone tell me why ArmA and OFP never had authentic sounding weapons in vanilla?

I dont think you can get the sounds in the game to sound exactly like in real life the sounds are a bit difficult to record.

who knows maybe BIS figured that someone would make a mod to make it better anyway...

i am using the soundonly mod, without the config. I thought that the soundonlymod was for patch 1.05. well anyways, patch will be out today so i think that error message will be fixed then?

with patch 1.08 the sounds are fine, with the exception of the m16a4 and the m249 (both already known).

smile_o.gif

Release Candidate 1 for 1.08 released !

I need feedback for the volumes of vehicles, they are not changed yet.

If you could write down hearing distances (in meters) for the vehicles, I can edit the config until they are perfect.

If you find bugs, errors or issues with 1.08 and ModWar, let me know.

Suggestions are welcome too.

D/L link on first page (as always)

is the new one only sound? no other configurations right?

This is not about vehicles. It's about reloading AT-rockets.

The "hollow tube"-sound could be louder. Barely audible and I'm playing with head phones.

Update 0035 hours GMT+1:

Please re-download the RC1, if you got the old file.

Fixed a typo causing the missing M16 burst.

Since 1.08 the M119 cannon fires with an audible sonic crack...maybe other cannons, too.

Increasing the at-reload sound will increase the hearing distance of this sound. With my 5.1 system everything is fine, though.

EDIT:

Oops, was mentioning the burst mode missing sound but I see you got that. I looked but didnt see that post. smile_o.gif

Tested the new release smile_o.gif

This goes into hifi category, but it would be nice

if the sound of the belt being pulled to it's place could be

added to the MG reload sounds. FDF mod has it and it adds

a lot of feeling that you are actually reloading a machinegun.

A little rattle and a few metallic tingles of a waving belt add a lot of athmosphere.

Would do it myself, but I'm currently too lazy to go through where the sound effect is located.

EDIT: You could toss a hint which file to replace/modify wink_o.gif

I have just started using the sound mod, and I think it's great. I hope you still release sound-only versions though, I prefer to keep other stuff as it is for now.

smile_o.gif

with the new 1.08 version, the sounds for the m249 are still dodgy.

they sound like they are not blending correctly/cutting over each other.

other than that, great work.

still to test vehicles.

smile_o.gif

What is the -mod modernwarfare for ? (or something like that)

I put it on the shortcut, test and mod work, I delete it on the shortcut and the mod still working.

What is the -mod modernwarfare for ? (or something like that)

I put it on the shortcut, test and mod work, I delete it on the shortcut and the mod still working.

you installed it incorrectly.

it's meant to be in it's own mod folder - not the addons, hence the -mod function.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]with the new 1.08 version, the sounds for the m249 are still dodgy.

they sound like they are not blending correctly/cutting over each other

I can't do much about it, this is what ArmA does with automatic rifle sounds. The faster the firing rate, the more is cut off of the previous shot.

The only thing I could do about it is a burst with 3-5 shots each, but this would sound stupid again if more than those shots are being fired.