Sign in to follow this  
plasman

UN Soldiers by plasman

Great mod I have intergrated them into a small assist coop mission. But when I replaced the Independants with 6 UN troops now im getting a good bit of lag / framerate issues running 1.05 "High spec comp"

Really don't know why. Does anyone else has this kind of problem? Maybe it’s because they were created under 1.04. To my (own private) opinion 1.05 really sux and I’m waiting for the next patch to change of game version.

Well what I will do is take the squad out and then add 1 UN unit at a time will keep you posted

Ok if I add anymore than 3 UN units currently 1 officer 2 riflemen I get this issue no matter how many other objects groups or individuals I add in or take out. Still they look good just the 3 of them crazy_o.gif

I don't know if you are interested in doing more UN troops, but the ArmA OPFOR models would also

be well suited to representing Eastern European UN members. For example, here's an illustration of a

Ukrainian member of UNPROFOR in Bosnia in 1993. He's practically a standard ArmA SLA soldier with

some UN badges and his steel helmet painted blue (nb. painted, not a cloth cover).

Well, thanks for the info. smile_o.gif Sounds like a very good idea indeed. Will think about it.

However for the moment I'm already working full time (well sort of) on the Kiwi troopers : still trying to get the Desert DPM's tone/colour right banghead.gif

But if you have more info on the Urkrainian troops under the blue helmet pls do not hesitate to post them on this thread.

A new UN vehicle has been released for the UN troops:

UN Landrover (open, closed and MG versions).

See download mirror on the 1st page of this thread.

But what's the point of having UN troops when they never fire their weapons anyway tounge2.gif

Well they are allowed to fire if theyre directly attacked... these units need a script for this wink_o.gif

But what's the point of having UN troops when they never fire their weapons anyway tounge2.gif

Well like any other soldiers Blue helmets follow orders...and these orders can be interpreted in different ways.

So sometime they just keep a low profile but other times...

In May 1995 French Marines under the blue flags supported by light armoured vehicles (VAB wheeled APC and "Sagaie" light wheeled tanks) assaulted Serbs positions on the bridge of Vrbanja (near Sarajevo), capturing the bridge and clearing the nearby bunkers. 2 French Marines were killed in this action. The Serbs had captured the bridge the day before and had taken blue helmets as hostages, so the French considered retaking the bridge and freeing the hostages as self defence.

They look great - Plasman - what's next? A UN Hip Helicopter? They're pretty common on peacekeeping, etc...

Thanks smile_o.gif

Well first I'll take some vacations (1 week). Then we'll see. Indeed I’ve seen a lot of photos of UN Mi-17, so I guess I can do it.

I’ve also concluded an agreement with ShadowNX to release retextures of the OPFOR troops : ShadowNX will do the texture, I’ll do the configs.

ShadowNX’s textures look great so it would be a pity not to release them.

I’ll also have to finish the Contractors: Still struggling to properly texture the MH-6.

But…till then vacations first ! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

For those intrested, heres a pic of one VDV variant:

Clicky Clicky

Lot more is also done, Marines, GRU, Crews, Vehicles.

Ill open a thread for them soon.

Very good textures Shadow...

Kanns kaum abwarten  smile_o.gif

I know this addon was made awhile back. It should be 100% compatible with version 1.08, correct?

I know this addon was made awhile back. It should be 100% compatible with version 1.08, correct?

Normally it should, it doesn't use any custom weapons.

Plasman,

Do you plan on making a complete UN Package that covers all of the RACS class units (i.e. M113, Vulcan, Pilot, Crewman, etc). The replacement pack I made for your Addon is limited because not all the classes are present. For example, I had to use the AT soldier p3d to cover the crewman uniform. It works Ok, but it would be better if all classes had their own p3d file. A white UN M113, Vulcan, and MH-6 would be good to, so it covers the RACS vehicles in game.

Plasman,

Do you plan on making a complete UN Package that covers all of the RACS class units (i.e. M113, Vulcan, Pilot, Crewman, etc). The replacement pack I made for your Addon is limited because not all the classes are present. For example, I had to use the AT soldier p3d to cover the crewman uniform. It works Ok, but it would be better if all classes had their own p3d file. A white UN M113, Vulcan, and MH-6 would be good to, so it covers the RACS vehicles in game.

Hi Kenbow,

No, not at the moment.

1st of all thanks very much for your enthusiasm for my modest reskins and for your contribution to the community smile_o.gif. Personally I’m not a big fan of replacement packs I prefer to keep the default troops as they are and to use self standing addons but it’s just a matter of taste.

No offence but there is one thing you should note however: my readme file clearly states “This addon may only be re-distributed in its entirety…†which means it would have been polite to ask the permission by pm or on the forum before distributing parts of my work.

I didn’t receive any pm fm your side but maybe I missed your post asking for the permission (in this case pls ignore and forgive my bad temper).

This permission is btw hereby officially granted, as long as you don’t modify the graphic files, so you're welcome to continue issuing replacement packs based on my work if you wish (I didn’t personally wrote to BIS guys before using their files as templates for my work after all wink_o.gif ).

I agree about replacement packs. I have no idea why everyone is going nuts making replacement packs. The only time I like such packs is if it is a full mod that replaces everything and only if its a very high quality mod.

But generally, I likewise prefer to have new addons seperate from the default addons especially since the BIS default units are overall fairly nice and work well with many 3rd party addons.

The one thing I would like to see however is a nice JAM3 type pack (with additional RPG's and weaponry). But anyhoo...thats for another post. Overall I really enjoy your UN units and think that they make for great missions.

Now we just need a U.N. Mi-17. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

UN troops as an extra addon is great. Using it as a replacement is a bit of doing it for the sake of doing it.

Just to advise you I'm working on an update of the UN Soldiers.

Screenshot:

unt01mi5.th.jpg

I know what you'll say: "there is a crazy_o.gif blue helmet strap spoiling the whole picture..."

Well, I used normal mapping to delete the annoying helmet strap. But strangely enough it's not working. It seems the game engine is simply ignoring the path to the normal map texture I edited and follows the default one's instead. I checked the path a dozen times it is OK, also checked the .paa, tried to re-edit the P3D file, nothing is working. banghead.gif

Looks cool already, are you also going to do some units with modified loadouts? Would be cool to have fully packed soldiers with berets. wink_o.gif

Lennard. smile_o.gif