Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

EditorUpdate 1.02 by LowFly

Does anyone know if its possible to run this editor update along with 6thSense EU?

It seems there alot of good stuff in here, although I gotta have my buildings collapsable, still, if theres fences and whatnot in here, as long as they are destroyable, and destroy animations work right, Id like to use this in conjunction with 6ThSense EU, if this is possible without causing issues.

just a quick question where should i put the pbo file after i unpack it?

which directory and sub folder should it be placed in?

only ask cos did not get a english readme smile_o.gif

just a quick question where should i put the pbo file after i unpack it?

which directory and sub folder should it be placed in?

only ask cos did not get a english readme smile_o.gif

You can just dump it into AddOns folder smile_o.gif .

Will using this addon require that all players have it when playing the maps as well.

sorry, didnt see it mentioned.

*******question answered, thanks Dead.

Very helpful editor, but I wish it wasn't needed to play the maps. Anyways, are all these objects from Armed Assault? There is some stuff, like a christmas tree, signs, and street lights that I don't recognize. Seems either they just weren't in the game, or maybe they were imported from OFP.

One complaint though, I noticed that the street lights can be turned off. If you go near them, you will have an option to "put out fire" and then the light will be off. Some of the other objects have this, and it's a little bit annoying.

Ah great work!

Ive been missing allot of those object...

I hope the blast barriers are in the pack...

Goes off to unpack it and look and see!

Tons of really cool objects, but none of them are destructible. They simply catch on fire (which after about 30 secs or so goes out) and stay standing sad_o.gif

Hi people!

I get a error message from the EditorUpdate every time I start the SP mission I am working on (see attachment below).

Does anyone of you know this and can tell me what it means and how to remove this thing?

The file respawnobjects.sqs does not exist in the path given in the error hint, so it's pretty odd...

I am using both the EditorUpdate_v102 and the one from G85. Is it possible that both are not compatible together?

If you can help me it would be suuuperb!!

Thank you!

editorupdatefehler.jpg

edit: Sorry for digging out a thread with this age... I didn't look at the date of the last post.

Try to place a GameLogic on the map and name it "Server" (without " ").

The only time i saw this hint poping up was after placing one of the portable static-guns included in the EditorUpdate (M2, Mk ...). Perhaps try to use the "normal" one, if the Server-Logic doesn't solve it.

MfG, Medicus

Karel85 (the creator of the G85 addon) recommends to use this addon instead, it is not so old and crappy. smile_o.gif

The only time i saw this hint poping up was after placing one of the portable static-guns included in the EditorUpdate (M2, Mk ...). Perhaps try to use the "normal" one, if the Server-Logic doesn't solve it.

MfG, Medicus

Thanks, Medicus!! I'll try it out.

Karel85 (the creator of the G85 addon) recommends to use this addon instead, it is not so old and crappy. smile_o.gif

Hehe, I was recommended to use it by Lester himself in the Mapfact forums. smile_o.gif But it is a bit to large for me and does require addons, I don't need AND QG, which for this mission I do not use... But thanks anyway for the suggestion.

MfG, Medicus

yay.gifYES!!! That's it!!!!!!

Thank you very much, Medicus! This solved the problem, the error message does not appear anymore!

The GL named "Server" didn't make it.

Bu it was the search lights (transportable) that caused this error. I replaced them by the "normal" ones and that was it! smile_o.gif

Thx for your help!!

Can anyone tell me the name for the xmas tree?

Buggered if i can find it?  xmas_o.gif

EDIT:- found it!

Wasnt under 'Tree' xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif