Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Wacht am Rhein

Recruitment_Poster2-1.jpgRecruitment_Poster2-2.jpg

"Wacht am Rhein" is a project centered around the Ardennes Offensive of 1944. We aim to bring you realistic battles between the German and US forces in places such as Bastogne, St Vith and Losheim. Among the new innovations are:

-Playing as a German (in the first part of the mod);

-A new damagesystem with more realistic ballistics;

-Several great campaigns with replay value through (realistic) randomization;

-And many more!

If you would like to have some more information about our project, please read the project announcement located [here].

We are looking for dedicated, mature (in the way they act) people that share our enthusiasm for creating a WW2 mod with realistic gameplay. We are in need of people to fill in the following positions:

2D artist

3D artist

Animator

Scripter

Your job:

2D artist:

-The creation of textures for models (mapping has already been done by the modeller) in sizes ranging from 8X8 to 2048X2048, this includes normal, bump, specular and other maps;

-Texturing resolution lods;

-Choosing what you want to work on from the available list of required items;

-Communicating with the team.

3D artist:

-Creating high poly meshes for use in creating normal maps, and low poly meshes to apply them to;

-Making resolution lods;

-Mapping the models so that the texture artist can start working on the textures;

Animator:

-Creating both static and dynamic animations, preferably in Maya;

Scripter:

-Making scripts and configs in C++;

-Compiling teambuilds and tests;

You should be able to:

2D artist:

-Work in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or other industry standard tools;

-Make the most effective use of the space provided on a texture;

-Be a teamplayer.

3D artist:

-Work in 3DS MAX and O2, additionally knowledge of other industry standard tools is prefered;

-Work with a limit for the models in terms of polygons, keeping the mesh as effecient as possible;

-Map the models you make on your own;

-Be a teamplayer.

We would prefer if people can do both 2D and 3D on their own, but it's not a requirement.

The Animator and Scripter positions don't have real requirements, besides from being able to work in a team. Prior modmaking experience is prefered, but not required, a good knowledge of the tools you work with however is. We will of course try to help the best we can if your run into any problems during your work.

If you're interested in filling any of the positions described above, please contact "JdB" on [our forums].

Please send some samples of your work (including some wireframe screenshots so that we can evaluate the mesh itself) and prior experiences in modmaking (if any) as well as general information about who you are, age, country of origin etc.

Hi, i've never played any WW-II based mod because i don't like 'em,

but... i've to recognize the high quality of the I44 addons that i

seen for the OFP in release or work in progress screenshots; really

incredible.

Will be Marfy, Maa or PSC in the I44 developers team?.

Let's C ya

Quote[/b] ]Creating high poly meshes for use in creating normal maps, and low poly meshes to apply them to;

you should add also: creating bump map texture to create a normal map texture (useful for the vehicles ...)

wink_o.gif

Will be Marfy, Maa or PSC in the I44 developers team?.

Marfy --> no (has been mentioned several times that his participation in Invasion 1944 is extremely overrated, we haven't seen him in ages);

Maa --> no, he was never a part of Invasion 1944, he may have cooperated with Marfy on a project or two. As far as I know we have never had any contact with him. I'm sure he is busy with the G85 project;

PSC --> left a long time ago to work for BIS, I think he left BIS some time ago.

Thanks D@nte smile_o.gif

3D artist:

-Work in 3DS MAX and O2, additionally knowledge of other industry standard tools is prefered;

-Work with a limit for the models in terms of polygons, keeping the mesh as effecient as possible;

-Be a teamplayer.

huh.gif not in Cinema 4d R10 and Bodypaint 3??

3D artist:

-Be a teamplayer.

huh.gif not in Cinema 4d R10 and Bodypaint 3??

Quote[/b] ]additionally knowledge of other industry standard tools is prefered;

whistle.gif

3DS MAX, Maya, XSI, Cinema4D, BodyPaint, DeepPaint, Mudbox etc, all good.

Even Wings3D and Blender.

I hope you get it done, I am looking forward to play this mod.

There is nothing wrong with creating German WW II era playable troops into a game. People who have a problem with that really should look into a mirror and ask themselfs if everything is okay. It is very boring to see the Americans as the only or main playable side, as the "good side", in most games. Maybe it is only for financial profit reasons but there must be some "political correctness" in there also, which I find hypocritical. I hoped that BIS would have been done something different for Armed Assault but no, it's again the Americans who get to be on the spotlights. Czech Republic's army would have been a better choice for example.

I wish good luck for this mod and hopefully you will have the motivation to finish it.

Cheers,

Baddo.

As nice as that model is...what does it have to do with Invasion 1944? huh.gif

Sorry, but like we've said before, we don't have the manpower to complete any novelties that don't relate directly to the area we're focussing on. We also were offered a great Bismark model, but we had to turn it down because of the same reason, it just doesn't fit in the subject of our mod.

After looking at your site: You're an ex-team-member, "klallo" IIRC biggrin_o.gif

Anyone looking for a job...contact me wink_o.gif

What exactly is your point in posting screenshots of your work here?

Nice as it is, it is not part of the project, although you're making it seem like they are, again creating false impressions (/hope) of the mod.

If you want to join, please say so, if you don't, please make your own thread wink_o.gif

We have an AB jeep model that is fully textured from the OFP release of Market Garden, so it would be easier to adjust that to a Willys jeep, and Jean Christophe is already in the process of texturing his Sherman M4A3.

We don't have a Flak 36 planned, and have no people available to complete it either, or add more items to the list.

It appears to be best for us to release the list sooner than we had hoped in order to make it clear what we are going to attempt to make, and what not (with a hefty disclaimer of "no promises", hence the "attempt").

We do appreciate any well modelled/textured contributions for items that are on the list (list to follow later).

Well that 88 is textured, he donated it to us, but it's in a desert scheme. Thanks again alloisi!

Wow! Can't wait for this to come out. Loved your previous work, but couldn't get market garden to work, eh, so what. Better things to look out for. Good luck I44 crew.

P.S. I have alot of respect for the germans during that period. To fight as hard as they did with thier backs to the wall, regardless of what some may of done, I take my hat off to them. And once more, good luck!