Sign in to follow this  
fer

BAS f

Thanks to BAS team member Messiah, the Russian version of BAS f v1-0-7 is now available. Please see the top post in this thread for a link. Merry Christmas!

Note: Two words: Winter Kolgujev

<span style='color:red'>NEW RELEASE</span>

BAS f v1-0-8

Introduction

This is the fifth official release of the BAS f mission framework for ArmA, which includes 33 core and optional components (some of which have been developed with premier gaming community, ShackTactical), and a 71-page illustrated manual which is available in English and Russian translations. All text strings used in this version have been translated into Czech, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French.

<span style='color:red'>What's New?

New in this release (compared to v1-0-7):

* Now contains mission folders for: Winter Kolgujev (CWR Addons, released 25 Dec 2007)

* New mission folders include instances of the ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template

* Updated manual</span>

Information & Download Links

For more information and download links, please check the top post in this thread, here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59444

Happy Christmas! smile_o.gif

Also, can the briefing section include a piece on how to hide and reveal objectives?

Hang on, in the latest version (and for the last few versions), there's a whole section in the manual on hiding objectives. Can you let me know if / why that isn't enough, please?

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Thanks for new CWR compability... looks like I forgot something before the release... sorry once more! confused_o.gif

Also, can the briefing section include a piece on how to hide and reveal objectives?

Hang on, in the latest version (and for the last few versions), there's a whole section in the manual on hiding objectives. Can you let me know if / why that isn't enough, please?

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Fer,

I was talking about 1.0.5 when I made that comment. smile_o.gif

Thanks for new CWR compability... looks like I forgot something before the release... sorry once more! confused_o.gif

LOL. No problem - I'm just looking forward to adding Everon to the list. I miss Montignac like you wouldn't believe.

Phew! Had me worried there for a second. BTW, have you finished any missions with BAS f, and are they available online anywhere?

Actually, I have no idea how many ppl are using BAS f, outside of ShackTactical. Does anyone know of other communities that are using it?

Phew! Had me worried there for a second. BTW, have you finished any missions with BAS f, and are they available online anywhere?

Actually, I have no idea how many ppl are using BAS f, outside of ShackTactical. Does anyone know of other communities that are using it?

Mine is still a WIP. I'm ill at the moment and can't use the PC much, so it's taken a bit of a back seat.

To be honest, I use a mixture of BAS f and ArmA Edit.

in the BAS-f 1.08 sample mission for Sahrani Island ive been getting scripting errors everytime i die and the spectator script begins to run, the errors leave the screen after 30 seconds and the script works but id like to get rid of the errors.

Heres what ive done: in the OnPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs ive taken away the "VM" from the execute statement so that it reads "exec" instead of "execVM". I did this because the script wasnt running for me when i died. The only way to get it to run after dying was to remove the "VM".

Now, when i die...the script runs and it seems to work ok BUT i get couple of scripting errors scrolling down the top left side of screen as soon as the spectating begins.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of the errors?

**EDIT: If i leave the respawnasseagull.sqs to read as "execVM" will the erorrs go away, and will it work for the host on a non-dedicated server after someone (a client) joins?

Got a question.....

Is there any way to disable the positions of all units, markers, and triggers while using the map. For exmple, when you start the mission and all the units are placed, you can look at the map and tell where everything is, reguardless of which side you are on.

Looking at the manual, it appears it's caused by the array generator. It shows the clients all the markers of everything on the map

Is there a script I can built or something to call off all the arrays from being shown on the client maps?

isn't that your personal settings in game options difficulty settings? wink_o.gif

Btw the ofpec Ils would be a great addition, im trying to work out a mission where i put this in and stuff but i get error in description.ext file but so far i think it has to do with sound calls.

isn't that your personal settings in game options difficulty settings?  wink_o.gif

Btw the ofpec Ils would be a great addition, im trying to work out a mission where i put this in and stuff but i get error in description.ext file but so far i think it has to do with sound calls.

Okay...I see what u are talking about.  So talk to me here(I'm a new pup to mission making).  How do I apply those rules to a dedicated server.  Do I set mine to a certain level and then save the mission file that way?  Will they carry over when uploaded to the sever?  Or do I need to somehow edit the regular/veteran settings in the mission file itself?

This is what I see.....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/daredbarn/MAP.jpg

EDIT: I just tried that.....no difference. It's soething in particular to the BAS-f framework tool. As pointed out in the manual....it generates arrays that are sent out to the clients. I pretty certain that's where the info is coming from.

I just tried that.....no difference. It's soething in particular to the BAS-f framework tool. As pointed out in the manual....it generates arrays that are sent out to the clients. I pretty certain that's where the info is coming from.

The arrays will not, by themselves, generate any markers on the map. Arrays are just lists of units, groups etc. which can be used by other scripts or BAS f components.

Looking at your screenshot, those do not look like any of the markers produced by any of the BAS f marker-generating components. Are you using any other scripts, such as Kronzky's Urban Patrol script, or a version of DAC, for example?

Please post a ZIP'd/RAR'd copy of your mission folder someplace, and I will try and have a look. Apologies for the delayed reponses - this forum has (inexplicably) stopped alerting me when replies are added to this thread, and also, my wife has just had our first baby, and trying to test missions with a newborn baby is tough!

:P

Thank you much sir for the info.....

After your confirmation it wasn't in the BAS-f stuff, I got to looking in a little deeper. I was using the DAC, and that's what was generating the arrays....

Thanks a ton.... notworthy.gif

<span style='color:red'>UPDATED INFORMATION</span>

BAS f v1-1 RELEASED

New & Updated Features

Changes since the last public release (v1-0-8) include:

- Added ShackTactical: kevb0's Wounding Script component

- Added ShackTactical: kevb0's Outtro Script component

- Expanded number of options in Conditions Selector component

- Changed night options in Conditions Selector component to use full moon

- Added ShackTac f (Sahrani) mission template folder

Full Information & Downloads

For more information and download links, please see the biki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f

@Fer and BAS_f team, thanks for putting this together.

I just found out about BAS_f English a few days ago and for the past couple of days, I've been trying to find out how to use it.

After extracting BAS_f_v1-1_en.rar with WinRAR I saw it created a folder named BAS_f_v1-1_en which had 73 objects/files in it.

Next, I read the .pdf manual on how to get started using BAS Framework and created just one folder of my own in My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\Sniper121\mpmissions\ to use to edit. I named it BAS_f_MyMissionName.Sara

Then I edited the mission name inside the mission.sqm, and named it, BAS_f_MyMissionName, then saved mission.sqm and closed it.

After starting ArmA, I started a Multiplayer session, and saw in the list for the island of Sahrani, BAS_f_MyMissionName. When I clicked to open it, ArmA closed and displayed the following error: "Include file C:Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\....\mpmissions\BAS_f_v1-1.Sara\f\common\f_spect\spectating.hpp"

So, I guess from this, I need to create more folders and put the appropriate files in each folder. The only trouble is, being new at this, I don't know what folders to create and what the contents of each should be. As it is right now, your BAS_f_v1-1_en.rar didn't come with these folders in it, f, common, or f_spect

I know Fer is a busy fellow, so if anyone else reading this who has time to explain what to do, identify where I need to relocate the files to the right folder.

Thank you.

~S! =dB=O3.Sniper121

www.dbclan.net

@ Sniper121 - Sounds like you may have copied across the wrong folder (or created one from scratch, which is not the way to use BAS f). Here are some more detailed instructions:

1. Use WinRAR to unRAR the file "bas_f_v1-1_en.rar" (which you downloaded). You should now have a folder called "bas_f_v1-1_en".

2. In the folder called "bas_f_v1-1_en", you will see a sub-folder called "BAS_f_v1-1.Sara". Copy this folder to your MP missions folder, which is usually:

\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\YourPlayerName\MPMissions\

3. Now rename the folder from "BAS_f_v1-1.Sara" to "YourMissionName.Sara".

4. Next, go into the folder now called "YourMissionName.Sara" and open up the file called "mission.sqm". Edit the mission name property to "YourMissionName" (as instructed in the manual). Save and close the file.

5. Start ArmA, open up the MP editor and look for your mission on Sahrani.

Hope those steps help, let me know if not. smile_o.gif

@Fer

Thanks for the reply. Now I see where I went wrong - instead of using (my licensed version) WinRAR to extract BAS_f_v1-1_en.rar to a folder, I right-clicked on your .rar file, and on the context menu for WinRAR, I selected Extract to bas_f_v1-1_en\

In so doing, it created a folder named bas_f_v1-1_en and put the 73 assorted files inside of that folder.

After doing it as you just wrote, and even wrote in the first place, this was a case where I did what I thought was right and erred off the beaten/proven path. I'm on course now and it's working as designed, flawlessly. You have my praise for the help too.

Thanks again, Fer and BAS2.

~S! (a Salute)

@ Sniper121 -Glad you're back on track.

@ All -Although we see a fair number of you downloading BAS f, we very rarely hear from any users unless they are having issues with a script / unpacking the RAR file. How are people finding BAS f (and v1-1 in particular)?

i don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but can the shacktactical-markers be signed?

Can you expand on that please?

Thanks for the update Fer & Co!

I know I'm a bit behind but better late than never wink_o.gif

/KC

Thanks for the update Fer & Co!

I know I'm a bit behind but better late than never wink_o.gif

/KC

@ KeyCat: LOL, no problem, glad to hear you're using it.

@ All: Since v1-1 was released, we have seen 400+ downloads of the framework. However, hardly anyone ever posts in here. What I'm dying to know is:

a) Are people using BAS f, or just downloading it and moving on?

b) What kind of missions are people making?

c) Is anyone willing to post some examples of missions made with BAS f?

i don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but can the shacktactical-markers be signed?

Can you expand on that please?

.bikey and .besign files to go with the markers addon would be very appreciated.