Sign in to follow this  
fer

BAS f

btw any chance you guys at bas can make a sort of progressive respawn template? Having the respawn base way and then when objective 1 is completed make a dialogue apear so players can choose between base 1 and the new conquered base 2 to respawn at. tounge2.gif im trying to find out how they do it in the berzerk missions but i cant even open 'em with the pbo tools and searching doesnt give me much yet. biggrin_o.gif

@ Commando84 - We'll start investigating. If you can PM me some more information / screenshots / notes, that would be helpful.

ok i got the whole opening pbo's fixed by download cpbo by kegeteys but the code is way to advanced to edit for me crazy_o.gif

but i'll put togheter some screens to show you how it looks like when you choose spawn location in berzerk maps.

I was really hoping to use kronzky's UPS script with BASf. I noticed that some were able to do this. Is it just a matter of doing something tricky with the game logic named server?

Thanks in advance. notworthy.gif

Calling Czech, Polish, Spanish and French users of BAS f.

We are working on a new build of BAS f (actually, we never stop), and really need help translating the following strings into your languages. If you can send your translations via PM to Fer, we would be very grateful (plus, we'll put your name in our credits). Thanks in advance!

[*] Teleport

[*] Script Error: f_teleportAction called from non-leader unit.

[*] Click on the map to teleport to a location.

[*] The teleport is ready.

[*] You cannot teleport to that location, please try again.

BTW, we will soon be expanding BAS f to cover the new Islands in Queen's Gambit (and maybe some key community-built islands too). We hope you still find our framework useful!

smile_o.gif

Very nicely put together, excelent work to everyone involved.

I read something about the discription.ext header @ the biki the other day:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Header

{

gameType = COOP; //DM, Team, Coop, ...

minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports

maxPlayers = 10; //Max # of players themissionsupports

playerCountMultipleOf = 1; //OFP:Elite option.

};

Acording to the biki:

Quote[/b] ]

In ArmA if this class is missing the mission will still load with an error in the RPT file and the mission type will be considered Unknown.

If playerCountMultipleOf = 1; is not defined.

Is this confirmed? I saw its not defined in F's description.ext file smile_o.gif .

edit:

I just tried the f_HideEnemyObjectives script combined with the briefing_byside but when i change the status of a "hidden" objective (done or failed) it becomes visible to both sides.

I just tried the f_HideEnemyObjectives script combined with the briefing_byside but when i change the status of a "hidden" objective (done or failed) it becomes visible to both sides.

You should check players side when you change objective status.

For example:

if (side player == west) then

{

"1" objStatus "DONE";

};

Hmm..thanks.

I was using the same condition and trigger to "do" a blu4 objective and "fail" a RES one, guess i'll have to use more smile_o.gif .

<span style='color:red'>NEW RELEASE</span>

BAS f v1-0-5

Introduction

This is the third official release of the BAS f mission framework for ArmA, which includes 33 core and optional components (some of which have been developed with premier gaming community, ShackTactical), and a 71-page illustrated manual which is available in English and Russian translations. All text strings used in this version have been translated into Czech, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French.

<span style='color:red'>What's New?

New in this release (compared to v1-0-3A):

* Now contains mission folders for: Sahrani, Rahmadi, United Sahrani, Porto and Sakakah Al Jawf

* All new mission folders include instances of the ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template

* Added Casualty Cap (Advanced) component

* Added ShackTactical: Group IDs component

* Updated Multiplayer Ending Controller (now closes Kegetys' Spectator Script automatically on mission end)

* Updated ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template (added smoke grenades to selected roles)

* Updated manual

Note: Some ShackTactical components in this release of BAS f are designed to work with the ShackTactical Markers Addon (a download link is provided on this page).</span>

Information & Download Links

For more information and download links, please check the top post in this thread, here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59444

Hello,

first thanks Fer to you and your people, this framework is realy very usefull!

But I have also some question about the frame work:

1. Kegetys Spec Scipt:

Restricting visible sides (Coop version)

How can I restrit the script to only offer me player to select in the target window insted of the whole side?

2. All player are dead the mission ends

Everybody would think thats the way it should be. The problem is I use a trigger to count all players so soon they all dead a trigger is executing an outro script (little camera script). On the end of this script is the variable that actual triggers the ending of the mission via the MP Ending Controller. That means without the outro script the command to to exit the mission is missing but anyhow the mission ends?!

3. Updating to newer BAS f versions

You sad there would be a note in the read me if it is necessary to update the init, desc, and so on as well. I couldn´t find one yet does that mean I only need to overwrite the f folder im my mission?

greetings silver

Hello,

1. Kegetys Spec Scipt:

Restricting visible sides (Coop version)

How can I restrit the script to only offer me player to select in the target window insted of the whole side?

Not sure I understand your question completely; do you mean: "restrict the selectable units to only those which are also human players"?

2. All player are dead the mission ends

Everybody would think thats the way it should be. The problem is I use a trigger to count all players so soon they all dead a trigger is executing an outro script (little camera script). On the end of this script is the variable that actual triggers the ending of the mission via the MP Ending Controller. That means without the outro script the command to to exit the mission is missing but anyhow the mission ends?!

Are you testing this in MP on a dedicated server, or on your local machine?

3. Updating to newer BAS f versions

You sad there would be a note in the read me if it is necessary to update the init, desc, and so on as well. I couldn´t find one yet does that mean I only need to overwrite the f folder im my mission?

Updating usually requires you to take these steps:

1. Replace the old f folder with the new one.

2. Replace the old init.sqf file with the new one, but save a copy of the old one so you can apply the same configuration changes as you did originally. Using the new init.sqf also gives you access to the new components.

3. Repeat step #2 for the description.ext file.

Hope that helps smile_o.gif

1. Yes I am talking about human players.

I'm afraid you would need to dig into the code for the file f/common/f_specta/f_specta.sqf to change the way in which the array _allUnits is built and managed.

2. I test on a dedicated server.

If you are using the spectator script, have you renamed the file onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.xxx to onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs yet?

3. good to know wink_o.gif

Hope that helps! smile_o.gif

Ok I solved the first part of my MP ending problem I misunderstood some lines in the pdf file (sorry for that) ...

My last problem is to implement an outro script into the f_mpEndReceiver.sqf script. I think the problem is that the original script was a sqs file and the new script is a sqf file. What do I need to change to make it work?

edit: the link is just fine

greetings silver

You're right - you will need to convert it all from SQS to SQF format. It's not too hard, and nearly everything you need can be found on this page in the Biki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/SQS_to_SQF_conversion

Most of the changes should be very simple. Sorry I don't have time to convert it for you (but my ArmA PC has just died, and needs some attention ... )

Fer srry to bother you but why is it that my arma CTD's when i use bas F and group link + togheter? crazy_o.gif

happened when one of my a.i's surrendered to the enemy rofl.gif

Fer srry to bother you but why is it that my arma CTD's when i use bas F and group link + togheter? crazy_o.gif

happened when one of my a.i's surrendered to the enemy rofl.gif

We have not had any reports about CTDs with BAS f, so the problem may be with Group Link + or an interaction between the two frameworks.

A quick test to see if it is the interaction would be to disable all the BAS f components - just comment them out in the init.sqf and description.ext files. Then run the mission and see if it CTDs.

If it still CTDs then you know it's likely a problem with Grouplink +, but even then it could be all sorts of other things (addons, other custom scripts etc.). Hard to debug, I fear.

f_endOnCasualtiesCap..

can it be used combined with variables for diferent ending possibilities?

I.e.

Blu4 is dead and failed the objective = end1 (opfor wins).

Blu4 dies on its way to extraction but did the objective = end2 (its a tie).

blufor did the objective and reached extraction = end3 (blu4 wins).

Etc..

Like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(side player == west) AND {alive _x} count [unit1,unit2,etc] == 0 AND objone

I used arrays for all groups in the init.sqf and was using triggers to cover all diferent possibilities. Im also checking for side because i used the multigroup briefing file and hideEnemyObjectives script.

Can/should i use the endOnCasualtiesCap component for this?

Thanks smile_o.gif .

f_endOnCasualtiesCap..

can it be used combined with variables for diferent ending possibilities?

Good question - and the answer is that it isn't really flexible enough. That's why we created the Casualties Cap (Advanced) component in BAS f v1-0-5.

The Casualties Cap (Advanced) component is a much more powerful way to handle mission outcomes. It has been specifically designed to allow you to insert your own block of code - which is executed when the designated % of casualties are taken. That way, you can choose whether to end the mission straight away (and which ending to select), using the MP Ending Controller component, or even just set a variable for use by another script or trigger.

Download v1-0-5 and have a look - I think this will be what you are looking for!

smile_o.gif

I have 1.05, life's good smile_o.gif .

Just wanted to know if the cap could be used as a condition combined with other conditions.. but thats not a problem.

Oh, found a broken link in the credits of the multiside briefing file, the [back to notes] is directing to the main wich doesnt exist in this template.

Other than that.. thanks for the f once again.

MP ending controller question;

In the manual, you say myEnd =[n] execVM etc etc. n refers to the possible endings. I only have one while I'm beta testing the mission.

You then go on to say 'make sure your briefing.html contains text for each ending'. Is this as simple as changing the text after the Debriefing:End1 anchor? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

Tanky -Paul-

BAS f 1.0.5/ArmA1.08 on Sahrani

Just wondering as to whether you'd consider implementing OFPEC ILS scripts into bas_f? I don't make a map without bas_f anymore and the more (stable) features you implement the better.

Also, can the briefing section include a piece on how to hide and reveal objectives?

you can hide and reveal objectives in any function....i.e. INIT.SQF/SQS or trigger

example:

We have two objectives:

1. Destroy a shilka

2.Eliminate Officer

In this case I want the 2nd objective to remain hidden(invisible on briefing) until the 1st objective is completed..

In my init.sqf or sqs i would put the following:

"1" ObjStatus "ACTIVE"

"2" ObjStatus "HIDDEN"

Put a shilka on the map named shilk1 and an officer on the map named O1

create a trigger on the map

Condition: not (alive shilk1)

OnAct: "1" ObjStatus "DONE";"2" ObjStatus "ACTIVE";

Now...when the Shilka is destroyed the trigger will activate and make the 1st objective complete and the 2nd objective appear on the briefing...

hope this helps...im not a good scripter at all...just thought id throw my 2 cents in...

Reguards

AKA ICEMAN

I know how to do it (I do now smile_o.gif) but I thought it was something that is missing from BAS f.

Note: Aplogies to anyone who posted in this thread in the last month or so; I had issues with my login which prevented me from getting notifications or posting. Thank you for continuing to support BAS f! Now, this:

<span style='color:red'>NEW RELEASE</span>

BAS f v1-0-7

Introduction

This is the fourth official release of the BAS f mission framework for ArmA, which includes 33 core and optional components (some of which have been developed with premier gaming community, ShackTactical), and a 71-page illustrated manual which is available in English and Russian translations. All text strings used in this version have been translated into Czech, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French.

<span style='color:red'>What's New?

New in this release (compared to v1-0-5):

* Now contains mission folders for: Malden (CWR Demo of 24 DEC 2007)

* New mission folders include instances of the ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template

* Added support for CoC CEX in all ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template components

* Updated manual</span>

Information & Download Links

For more information and download links, please check the top post in this thread, here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59444

Happy Christmas! smile_o.gif